Now there's help if you stink up the bathroom during '#2'! | FerrariChat

Now there's help if you stink up the bathroom during '#2'!

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by PeterS, Jul 2, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. PeterS

PeterS Four Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 24, 2003
    Goodyear, AZ
    Full Name:
    PeterS
    OMG! I wish I invented this one! Just put in a few drops before you plop and the smell goes away while you are reading your favorite book! Check out www.thedrops.com !!!!!!!

2. JSinNOLA

JSinNOLA F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Lifetime Rossa

Mar 18, 2002
    Denver, CO
    Or you could just light a match(carefully) lol

3. scud

scud F1 World Champ

Oct 2, 2004
    peters you have too much time on your hands my friend

4. ashsimmonds

ashsimmonds F1 World Champ

Feb 14, 2004
    adelaide, australia
    Full Name:
    Humble Narrator
    bog on

5. darth550

darth550 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    This kind of deTURDgent has been on the market for years!

6. Z0RR0

Z0RR0 F1 Rookie

Apr 11, 2004
    Montreal, Canada
    Full Name:
    Julien
    Why do you want to cover the odors? That's like a trophy, a sign of victory!! :D

7. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    Does anyone see the hilarity and the obvious purposefulness of the name of the product...?

8. amslb182

amslb182 Formula Junior

Oct 3, 2004
    Ct
    Full Name:
    Andrew LeGrant
    You put them in prior to use. That would just jinx me and then nothing would happen. funny thread. :)

9. Steve R

Steve R F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Sep 15, 2004
    MeSoNeedy, CA
    Full Name:
    TorQ Master
    so much for the theory that Ferrari owners **** don't stink!!

10. wax

wax Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
    That's nice, so before I drop some friends off at the pool, I just make sure the environment is as clean and fresh as it was before I got there.

11. PeterS

Silver Subscribed

Jan 24, 2003
    Goodyear, AZ
    Full Name:
    PeterS
    I hate when people beat me to figuring out stuff like this! Good one, Carbee!

Ps: Is 'purposefulness' a word? It should be!

12. UroTrash

UroTrash Three Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Jan 20, 2004
    Purgatory
    Full Name:
    Clifford Gunboat
    I believe this whole thing is misguided at best and fraudulent against all us crappers at worst.

Once the turd's under water it does not smell. It is the short distance (~6 inches) from bum to bowl during which the smell, via volatile organic substances that plume in a pungent odor we all know and love.

I know what your thinking. Before you EVEN say it, I know what's going through your mind because I had an older brother too. Some times the distance is NOT so short if a 10 year old is standing on the bowl rim while his younger bros are scoring the splash, Olympic Judge Style. Yep, I had brothers.

That's NOT the usual situation. I'd wager that the majority of F-Chatters actually sit on the bowl rim and do not do air drops, audience or no audience.

And finally, let's just get it out in the open. Your own creation never stinks any way. Even when you can tell its deadly, it still is kind of refreshing to yourself. And you know it.

Which got me thinking.....

You know how when you open a pizza box and take a big sniff, you know what it smells like? It smells like: Pizza. Of course and naturally.

You know if you cut a lemon and take a big ol' sniff it smells like a .....lemon, Just, just like a lemon.

Well than why then does a fart not smell EXACTLY like a turd? It doesn't but it should. Think about it. They smell A LOT different

OK to prove my point, I will present the EXCEPTION that proves the rule. You know when you're in your car and you've had too much beer the night before and you have the gut-grenade with the pin pulled and you lift a cheek to squeak one out and all the sudden you think "Oh, man, i just shat my pants", and you get home and give a good wipe and find out in fact YOU DID NOT! Well, you were fooled because a beer fart can smell very much like a real live turd. You've done it too. I rest my case.

13. PeterS

Silver Subscribed

Jan 24, 2003
    Goodyear, AZ
    Full Name:
    PeterS
    Uro, you forgot the fact that it's the 'Floaters' that stink things up! If you have two or three good Floaters in the bowl and you are reading a good book or doing a crossword puzzle, there is ample time for the aroma to permiate the bathroom! Sorry, this 'craps out' your Bum-to-Bowl theory.

14. jsa330

jsa330 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Full Name:
    Scott
    First Things First!

15. UroTrash

UroTrash Three Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Jan 20, 2004
    Purgatory
    Full Name:
    Clifford Gunboat

Not in the least. The Drops could not POSSIBLY control a floater as approximately 10% is proud of the surface and therefore not in the purview of the Drops.

Disclaimer: I'm assuming a floating turd has approximately the same specific gravity as that chunk of ice that sent Leo DiCrapia to his celluloid demise in Titanic.

16. wax

Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
    Well, if you want to talk about beer farts (and who doesn't?), I heartily recommend this combo - for example, if you want to impress (soon to be former) friends on a camping trip:

Hot day
    Michelob
    Linguica
    Chiccharones

I wasn't on a camping trip. Just over at a (former) friend's. As my Father said the next morning BEFORE he opened the door to my room - "MAN ALIVE!"

The stench didn't wake me up - his immediate reaction did. That's no easy task, as I'm 85+% (on a good day) deaf in both ears. Before that, the only noises that had woken me up were a huge explosion and a lightning strike directly outside my window.

Butt, I digest, er, digress. In the one second the door was open, though my eyes were on fire, too - I could still see him hurriedly shut the door, and as I vacated my room just as quickly as he - I could see he was rinsing his eyes out at the kitchen sink before he headed out the door - Mind you, this is a man who had not only managed a Waste Water Treatment Facility since 1956, but had seen and smelled death as a Fire Chief for 18 of those years.

The only discharge was gaseous - no Hershey Squirts or anything. I must have used a half bottle of Visine that day, as there was no moisture left, whatsoever.

I highly recommend this meal and it's aftermath to separate the wheat from the chaff at Ranger School, SEALS, etc. If you can survive this, you're tough.

17. PeterS

Silver Subscribed

Jan 24, 2003
    Goodyear, AZ
    Full Name:
    PeterS
    Hummmmmmmm. Since undigested corn helps to float all mass, I'll have a few ears tonight for dinner and let you know how things come out after my morning coffee..

18. wax

Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
    Uh oh, this is turning into a poopcorn thread.

19. tbakowsky

tbakowsky F1 World Champ
    Consultant Professional Ferrari Technician

Sep 18, 2002
    The Cold North
    Full Name:
    Tom
    oh man..I dieing laughing here!! Uro..that was some funny ****!! LMAO

20. redhead

redhead F1 Rookie

Dec 26, 2001
    Full Name:
    ~Red~
    Peter-

Re: my email earlier, does it work in cars followed by blues and reds?

Wax...wow. You won again. Glad that smell can not be trans-terd via this in-terd-net.

21. taber

taber Formula 3

Mar 4, 2005
    San Francisco
    Full Name:
    Norman
  22. PeterS

Silver Subscribed

Jan 24, 2003
    Goodyear, AZ
    Full Name:
    PeterS
  23. judge4re

judge4re F1 World Champ

Apr 26, 2003
    Never home
    Full Name:
    Dr. Dumb Ass
    There is no way in hell that this product would work on Korean BBQ washed down with kimchee and beer.

24. PeterS

Silver Subscribed

Jan 24, 2003
    Goodyear, AZ
    Full Name:
    PeterS
    That's a pathetic visual!

25. ashsimmonds

ashsimmonds F1 World Champ

Feb 14, 2004
    adelaide, australia
    Full Name:
    Humble Narrator
    wow, never thought i'd have a chance to relay this insight... :eek:

what i've noticed living with various girls is that every now and then i'll head into the bogger and notice a little chunk of chick dung floating proudly in my bowl. try as i might flushing the mini-bog does nothing, it rides the torrent like Wilson in the ocean (Castaway), a bouncy little cork that just refuses to make the S-bend journey.

then it occurred to me that these chicks who leave these helium-poos in my dunny are the ones that have never admitted to farting, ever. so what i figger is going on is that their darkies are being packed with flatulent-flavour and hence increasing it's bouyancy, kinda like an Aero bar.

from this hypothesis i would surmise that those blokes who just let it out whenever/wherever have excrement with the density of lead and that it just drops to the bottom with an almost audible 'thunk'. i myself am more of a crop-duster with my flatulence...