Ferrari Cruise Night ...Now with pictures | FerrariChat

Ferrari Cruise Night ...Now with pictures

Discussion in 'Chicago' started by Double_K, Jul 7, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Double_K

Double_K Rookie

Apr 25, 2004
    Put it on your calendars, Aug 16th, Tuesday evening, West Chicago, Rt 59 @ Rt 64, Augustino's Rock N Roll Deli., 6pm-9pm

This cruise will be opened to all makes & models of cars, but the Ferrari will be the feature car! Like the other feature car nights, I will cone off and hold spaces for the Ferrari until 7pm then I will need to open up the lot.

All feature cars will recieve an Augustino Wooden Nickel to use for a buck off all menu items.

This is a great litttle cruise-in folks and I am looking forward to seeing you guys again.

Kerry / Double K

2. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    This is also going to be an official FOC Midwest event and will count towards this year's V8 and V12 Gumball trophies.

3. spike308

spike308 F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    Austin TX!
    Full Name:
    Mike Z
    Look... I think all you wussies who did not brave the wind, the rain, and the hail on our drive to Lake Geneva are all DISQUALIFIED for any sort of awards this year!

4. hank sound

hank sound F1 Veteran

Jan 31, 2004
    Burbank, CA
    Full Name:
    Hank Garfield
    I would so be down for this but, I live in Burbank, CA. Every time I read a post about an event in your town, I get green with envy. Did a film in Chicago a few years back and really fell in love with the city. Anyway, have a great time.

Cheers, Hank

5. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    At least you get to see the Tankcar on your streets once in a while...
    :)

6. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Yes. And all of the OTHER Dozen or So Drives that we've had the past couple years......:)

I will be at your show,Kerry!

Speaking of events: We have Haley and Chelle's VA Car Show this weekend.

The Muskegon Air Show next Weekend. Via Ferry from Milwaukee.

Lots of Drives planned for the rest of the Summer/Fall........

7. Farmers Agent

Farmers Agent Karting

May 24, 2004
    I AM GOING TO MAKE TIS CRUISE NIGHT!!!!, hopefully. This whole summer has been a train wreck as far as Ferrari events. I enter, make reservations and then cancel as something comes up. I did make the Ferrari show this weekend but signed up to bring my 308 and my Fiat. My son's Western Unversity orientation was yesterday and lost a driver. My wife took my son and I took the Fiat to the show to be judged. The Fiat judges better. My 308 is mint but compared to other 308's my car does not fair as well as others as mine is driven almost daily and detailing it to the level others do is a chore. y.

8. carlagio

carlagio Formula Junior

Jul 3, 2005
    Chicagoland
    Full Name:
    Carla G.
    I guess this chindig at Augostinos on Aug 16th would be a good place to talk to you F-veterans. Save me parking spot....NART Blue 99 355 spider.....

9. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Hello,Carla! If I may Welcome you to the Board! Yes,we would definitely love to meet you and see your Bella Automobile. We still have many Drives and Events planned for the Driving Season. Just keep an eye here on FChat-Chicago,and we'll fill you in when we meet.

10. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    And,Dan. Don't fret yet....:) We still have quite a few Drives planned for the remainder of the Driving Season...You will definitely have a chance to get out with us and drive your baby amongst it's fellow "Italian Stallions".....(The Cars,that is....:) )

That goes for everyone. If you haven't been able to make it to anything,yet, we still have lots planned. Stay Tuned........And COME OUT AND PLAY!!!!!

11. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    So who's going to be in?

I'm in of course and the event will take place regardless. DoubleK Productions is offering trophies for the coolest cars btw.

12. Farmers Agent

Farmers Agent Karting

May 24, 2004
    I WILL be there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

13. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Kewl. Make sure your family doesn't get in the way...

BTW: We have close race on the Gumball trophy for 8 cylinders. Of the non FOC board members Chuck has a small lead over Mike Z. Obviously this event counts towards the annual trophy. 12 cylinder category is still wide open.

14. RocketBoy

RocketBoy Formula 3

Feb 13, 2004
    Wisconsin
    Full Name:
    Professor Hajji
    Isn't a fight between Dave and I? I guess its a one horse show now... and Im off to Menards in my H2! Won't get as many looks as a 512BB, but lets see the black beauty store lawn care and a deck furniture set.

Apart from Skip and his TR's, Bill's classic, a nice looking 512TR from a cruise a year ago, the hope of any other 12s is small isn't it?

Aren't there 4 Enzo's in Illinois? We need Frank to do some more name plate bribes.

RocketBoy

15. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Dave would win this clearly, but as a FOC board member he'll gracefully decline.

Sean's TR could join the race at any time...Chelle blew her chance by putting the wrong engine in. :)

16. Tod328gts

Tod328gts Formula Junior

Jul 23, 2003
    River Forest, IL
    Full Name:
    Tod Whitmore
    Oh Well.... Will miss this... I will be in St. Louis all that week at a conference. In fact i am planning on driving the Ferrari down there too. As long as i can fit all my luggage in it. HAH!

So, i will be living the motto, 'WE DRIVE' , i will probably have put about 10K miles on my car this year. It has been running great! Finally!

17. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    How about a great foto of the 328 under the arch?

18. Tod328gts

Tod328gts Formula Junior

Jul 23, 2003
    River Forest, IL
    Full Name:
    Tod Whitmore

I will try to get that. I almost had a photo of my 328 being lifted by a Chinook helo a couple weeks ago... :) But i chickened out, the crew would have slung my car under the chopper for a photo, but i was way to nervious to do that. hahaha...

I also have a contact in the capital (Springfield) that knows and works with the Gov. and she said she could get my car on the main floor of the capital for a picture or the Govs. mantion too... hmmmmm?????

19. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Either shot GUARANTEES you a page in the calendar.

Dave and I were contemplating at getting our cars into the Galaxy in Muskegon. But after close inspection of the ramp angle we decided against it. A 308/328 without the Euro wing might have worked though.

20. bill365

bill365 F1 Rookie

Nov 3, 2003
    Chicago area
    Full Name:
    Bill
    Do I still get a page? It's not my fault that I am still waiting for 1 F**KING part!

:(

21. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    I have no pictures of your car from this year.

However it might look interesting to take a shot of the car/engine disassembled as it is. Seriously.

22. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank

Well,Andreas,Dave and I would Win every catagory hands down right now....But,we are on the Board,so,that doesn't count in the FOC....

BTW...The Dash Plates are still coming....I am going to make one for everyone in the FOC that participates. And,everybody that I've already promised one too. But,have lost my Trophy/Plaque connection right now. So,I need to find a new one. (Yeah,it's exactly what you are thinking....:) )

23. chasking

chasking Formula Junior

Nov 27, 2003
    Chicago, IL
    Full Name:
    Chuck King
    Wow, I didn't realize I was in the running. It feels to me like I haven't been to much lately. I'll have to kick it up a notch.

I am hoping to come to the cruise-in on the 16th.

Chuck

24. Darolls

Darolls F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Jul 2, 2003
    Full Name:
    Sparky
    And what about Skippity?

Disabled, now forgotten! :(

25. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Not forgotten at all. Quite the opposite: Missed!
    Just for the record I have attended 5 FOC events so far (which would make me the winner of the Gumball trophy hands down). I have only one count for Skip. Join us more often please!

Chuck, looking forward to see you again!