Boxer blues... | FerrariChat

Boxer blues...

Discussion in 'Boxers/TR/M' started by Murph, Jul 20, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Murph

Murph Formula 3

Apr 26, 2004
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Kevin
  2. livingthedream

livingthedream Karting

Jun 3, 2005
    San Francisco, CA
    Full Name:
    Jonathon
    beautiful....

3. blu328gts

blu328gts Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 26, 2004
    SF Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    //Rick
    Wow! That looks spectacular!! Anyone know this fine specimen???

4. tjacoby

tjacoby F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Vancouver Canada
    Full Name:
    tj
    I'm a sucker for the colour combo - hmmmmmmm. good thing didn't see this a few months ago.

Although I'm a little suspicious given the leather disintegrating on the dash - check out the pic showing the speedometer/mileage.

5. Drew Altemara

Drew Altemara Formula 3

Feb 11, 2002
    Tuscaloosa, AL
    Full Name:
    Drew Altemara
    I believe that's a carpet style dash cover you're looking at. However, I would not be suprised if it had some leather dash pull.

Beautiful car.

6. greg246

greg246 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 2, 2004
    Sydney,Australia
    Full Name:
    Greg
    Very nice. Its the color my boxer left the factory with before a previous owner repainted it in resale red. I'm half tempted to go back to that colour.....

7. Ricambi America

Ricambi America F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Owner

I drove that car 2 weeks ago at SportAuto. It is frankly, astounding. The interior is basically brand new, the paint is extremely nice, and mechanically? Ooo laa laa.... that monster just pulls and pulls all day long. It drove wonderfully.

As many of you know, I'm trying to get into the boxer market myself, and that blue one (which is an NC car for the past two owners) is on my radar screen if I can find the cash. The folks at SportAuto have tons of history on the car.

Tools, spare tire, spotless engine compartment.

As always, please remember I have no affiliation with SportAuto's sales group, I'm just always impressed with their inventory and service.

8. Birdman

Birdman F1 Veteran

Jun 20, 2003
    North shore, MA
    Full Name:
    THE Birdman
    It's nice, but the price seems a little steep for a Boxer. As much as I like off-color Ferraris I must say that I like the Boxer in red or black better than this color.

Birdman

9. LightGuy

LightGuy Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 4, 2004
    Texas
    Full Name:
    David
    Did my drug test just fail or did I read $92,500 for a blue boxer ?

10. sixcarbs

sixcarbs F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 19, 2004
    SF
    What happened to the Pioneer?

11. Chiaro_Slag

Chiaro_Slag F1 Veteran

Oct 31, 2003
    CA
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    #11 Chiaro_Slag, Jul 20, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  12. tjacoby

tjacoby F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Vancouver Canada
    Full Name:
    tj
    oops - I think you're right. agreed

13. Ricambi America

Sponsor Owner

That dash cover is there to simply protect the dash -- which is absolutely perfect. No pulled leather, no stitching problems, etc. BTW, all the glass is clear, with no signs of delamination. Trust me, I went over the car with a fine tooth comb. If only they left the damn keys in the ignition....

14. ralfabco

ralfabco Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 1, 2002
    Dixie
    Full Name:
    Itamar Ben-Gvir
    I love bizarre (tasteful) colored cars.

It is even nicer on a Box. Jerry loves the color.

15. TiAmoVeloce

TiAmoVeloce Karting

Nov 17, 2003
    So. California

I think if one is going to have the "Blues", this is a perfectly acceptable way to have them.......................and they sing to!!!!!

Ralph

16. Kevallino

Kevallino Formula 3

Feb 10, 2004
    Mid-Ohio
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    #16 Kevallino, Jul 21, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  17. rdmcpherson

rdmcpherson Rookie

Dec 6, 2004
    Charlotte, NC
    Full Name:
    Duncan McPherson
    I drove the blue Boxer about three weeks ago, too. Spent a ton of time with Tom (mechanic) and took lots of digital shots on the lift. I decided against it for two reasons -- first, there was a huge amount of work to be done if one wanted to show it at the national level -- endless suspension detailing, engine room stuff, incorrect radio/equalizer, someone carpeted over the prancing horse on the console, stone chips up front and at the NACA ducts in front of the rear wheels, etc. Second, some owner along the way decided he really loved that blue, and painted all kinds of stuff that should be black -- the roof spoiler, the airbox covers, the cooling slats on the engine lid, the aluminum cooling slats in the front bonnet, etc. Tools seemed right but minimal books. The leather on the glove box door has deteriorated seriously -- needs to be re-dyed, along with the area where the ignition keys wear. Seats pretty good except for the driver's side left back bolster.

Anyway, I have pix if anyone wants them.

18. Rollers

Rollers Karting

Apr 29, 2005
    S.W. Fla
    We looked for many months to find our Blue baby.....

19. tbakowsky

tbakowsky F1 World Champ
    Consultant Professional Ferrari Technician

Sep 18, 2002
    The Cold North
    Full Name:
    Tom
    You get that with any car of this vintage..I think you missed out on a wonderful opertunity..they don't come this clean to often..

20. Ricambi America

Sponsor Owner

Tom -

I agree. It's not a Pebble Beach car -- but who wants one anyway? What is missing from the equation is how strong that particular Boxer pulls. Mechanically it's cherry (from my limited test drive and comparison drives). Visually, I think it's damn near perfection for an "owned car". I wouldn't want a car that lived in a plastic bubble.