The Official Exotics in the Outback Picture Thread | FerrariChat

The Official Exotics in the Outback Picture Thread

Discussion in 'Australia' started by j15, Aug 5, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. j15

j15 F1 Rookie

Jan 5, 2005
    Sydney Australia
    Full Name:
    Jeh
    Share the special moments that the folks at home are so regretfully missing out on!

2. mhh

mhh F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2004
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Sorry for the delay in posting pics, but we have been very busy. We have taken over 1000 photos, but have been on such a tight schedule of driving etc that we haven't had time to upload. We have had some amazing experiences on the road and will share them as soon as possible.

Today we returned from Uluru and tomorrow we are making another early start for Glen Helen. As soon as we pause to take breath, you can be assured of many pics. :)

3. j15

j15 F1 Rookie

Jan 5, 2005
    Sydney Australia
    Full Name:
    Jeh
    Good to hear that it was an awesome trip, can't wait to see the pictures

4. FFOUR

FFOUR F1 Veteran

Sep 14, 2004
    Perth, Australia
    #4 FFOUR, Aug 8, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    The last few cars are being loaded into the transporters now - so its all over for this year! :(

mhh is flying out this afternoon, while the rest of us will leave either tomorrow or even on Wed. ;)

I've had the time of my life (even got to drive a Ferrari) - and I'm sure the others would agree. :)

Some incredible stuff has happened - but I'll let the owners (Roger :D ) gloat about that for themselves. :)

The pics will take a bit of time - so many of them to sort through. ;)

Here is a quick sample to get you started though :D
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

5. GERRA456gt

GERRA456gt Formula 3

Jun 4, 2005
    Australia, Melbourne
    Full Name:
    Anthony
    hope all had a great time, by the sounds of things you's did. if it happens again count me in.
    (hurry up a get those pic so i can upload!!!!!)

6. osg

osg Formula 3
    BANNED

May 1, 2005
    In Chinese food?
    Full Name:
    MSG...
    I know of a few exciting things............

7. mhh

mhh F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2004
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Mark
    While we wait for the pics (my camera is on the truck, sorry) , here are some of the highlights for me....

1. Meeting everyone - after many posts, we finally got to spend an amazing weekend together having a blast. Within 10 minutes, it was like we'd known each other for years.

2. Neville King's hospitality - he and Cheryl fed and watered us, stored our cars, ferried us around and generally treated us like long lost friends. Thanks Neville and Cheryl - we had a ball at your place!

3. Neville as tour guide. Despite having a business to run, Neville spent hours showing us the roads around Alice. And the Murci..........:D

4. The driving - fast roads, incredible scenery, freedom to drive at speeds determined by conditions rather than fear of entrapment.

5. Travelling to the Rock, arriving at the Rock and being looked after at Sails like royalty. They even got our cars stored in the police compound where they were looked after by a great cop (Thanks Andrew!)

6. Mucking around with the guys from MOTOR - Martin and Guy made all the photoshoot stuff fun and were excellent company to boot. There are going to be some amazing pics!

6. The road to Glen Helen this morning - that is one rollercoaster of a road! We got some neat driveby video and then the ultimate video/photo shoot - but I'll let someone else share this one. :D Coming back to Alice along this road today is in my top 10 drives of all time.

7. The photo locations - the Rock, Simpson's Gap, the Western Macdonald Ranges, the Olgas, etc, etc - everywhere we stopped, there were great vistas to behold.

8. The notoriety - we were a rolling sideshow for the locals who don't get to see too much flash metal if their reactions were anything to go by. The BP was our usual meeting point and we drew a crowd there every time.

9. Overtaking a police car on the Stuart Highway at a speed that would have you arrested elsewhere - the cop didn't bat an eyelid.

A huge weekend! :D

8. Aircon

Aircon Ten Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
    Well, I never wanted to go, but after reading that, I feel sorry for poor old stephens!

9. sportveloce

sportveloce Formula Junior

Aug 31, 2003
    The Aussie section
    Fantastic pics Dingo.

Sounds like you guys had an awesome time. I just love the idea of passing a cop at break-neck speed without the time in a cold dark cell to boot.

Awaiting the Scud stories!

10. FFOUR

FFOUR F1 Veteran

Sep 14, 2004
    Perth, Australia
    Great list mhh, sums it up pretty nicely - trying to remember if you've missed anything. :confused:

muhaahaahaa.......... :D

Those are crap compared to whats still coming.....especially the ones from yesterdays "ultimate photoshoot". ;)

11. goober

goober F1 World Champ

Nov 15, 2004
    Adelaide & Thredbo
    Full Name:
    Buddy Miles

do tell Kylie spread eagle on the road infront of everybody!!!!!!!! or was that ash!

12. FFOUR

FFOUR F1 Veteran

Sep 14, 2004
    Perth, Australia
    I thought of another few highlights - for me anyway. :)

1. Standing out the front of the hotel next to the backpackers and having 6-8 exotics roll up in convoy and pick us up. :D The looks on the faces of the other tourists were priceless...

2. Climbing to the TOP of Ayers Rock......right guys? :D

A couple of us are still here and spending the day without cars has been torture.....really not much to do. :(

13. mhh

mhh F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2004
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Mark
    No nubile German tourists in today then? ;)

Got some car pics for the boys?

14. goober

goober F1 World Champ

Nov 15, 2004
    Adelaide & Thredbo
    Full Name:
    Buddy Miles
    Mark, i have emailed ash as to whether u wanna put the pics on a separate page of SFR as i can have a decent size for clarity than the 640x640 that F chat can provide. lemme know

15. RMV

RMV F1 Veteran

Apr 11, 2002
    I think its great that you guys managed to pull it off, have a great time, and, most importantly, a SAFE time! I'm really looking forward to the pics and the write up in Motor. Great stuff guys. Too cool!

16. ashsimmonds

ashsimmonds F1 World Champ

Feb 14, 2004
    adelaide, australia
    Full Name:
    Humble Narrator
    OMFG

that's pretty much the litany going through my head. that, and the sound of scud's maniacal laughter as he's performing some feat NASA wouldn't even use monkeys to try out.

now, after 5 days, thousands of miles at insane speed, in close proximity to other men in stunning cars, i'm gonna need to spend a bit of time catching up with world affairs... starting with the bikini thread....

OMFG OMFG OMFG....

17. phatdiablo

phatdiablo Karting

Jan 11, 2004
    hehe i can immagine, sounds great glad you all had fun just waiting to cry over more pics... :(

timing was of for this time but im in for next time no question or an SFR would suffice :)

Cheers
    -Pete

18. scud

scud F1 World Champ

Oct 2, 2004
    well i'm back and in 1 piece. what a weekend. turned out better than i expected.i need to thank all the guys who came along and help make it a great event. in no particular order.mark,mark,chris,robert,jeremy,les,ash,jan,cameron,peter. as for the local guy neville what a champ. he set the weekend up for us and showed us around and was great company as well as giving the lambo some real stick. he wife cheryl was lovely and i can't thank them both enough for everthing they did for us. my PB's as you may know was 310kph in the CS with the limiter stopping any further activity and 332kph in the GT2 ( muhaahaahaahaa )with the limiter again stopping play. it's another box to tick off in my life that i have done. ash.jan,cameron,chris and peter need another mention as the videos and photos they took will turn out and help us all remember the good times we had. i think cam has bigger balls than me for taking the shot in the GT2 at 330kph as i had something to hang on to and could see what we would hit but cam just looked at the dash through his camera with me yelling " take the shot u f**ker , take the shot. martin and guy from MOTOR were great and seeing martin do burn outs in the monaro was something special. he wanted to do them in our cars but for some reason , we didn't let him. can't wait for the mag and hopefully it will be a great read. geting jan and ash in the chopper on monday , yes i said CHOPPER was great and will top off the video and the MOTOR spread nicely. looking forward to the video ash will edit and hopefully most of u will get to see. as for the cars there is some serious respraying to do.nose ,bonnet,front arches,new winscreen etc but once complete will look brand new. came to work today doing 60 and felt like jumping out and walking as it felt that slow. thanks again for all you guys i meet.you are a great bunch and have given me memories i will truly cherise forever.

rock on boys,rock on

19. moretti

moretti Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 1, 2003
    Australia
    Full Name:
    John
    that'll cost you lots of points at the next polishing parade :D

why can't you just say whether you enjoyed it or not :D

20. jim501

jim501 Formula 3

Mar 29, 2005
    Gold Coast
    Well boys I'm sitting at the airport now, last to leave. What a blast, I can't wait to get all these photos up. Been a bit of a bored without you guys and the cars. But peoplestill remember us and were wonder where you all were. Can't wait to do it again.

Till later

Muhaahaahaa

21. FFOUR

FFOUR F1 Veteran

Sep 14, 2004
    Perth, Australia
    #21 FFOUR, Aug 10, 2005
    I have also now made it back to Perth in one piece, after a stopover in Kalgoorlie for fuel that cost us an hour. :(

Yep, Cam and I had another chat to those roadside workers who we seemed to bump into everywhere.

Yep, but I was too tired to go and chase them. :D

As for the pics, I've only started going through and editing a few of them so far - but here are a couple from Friday. ;) (I'll drip feed them to you guys in chronological order)

22. Martin Donnon

Martin Donnon Rookie

Aug 10, 2005
    Good fun guys. We had a blast. Really!

23. FFOUR

FFOUR F1 Veteran

Sep 14, 2004
    Perth, Australia
    #23 FFOUR, Aug 10, 2005
  24. goober

goober F1 World Champ

Nov 15, 2004
    Adelaide & Thredbo
    Full Name:
    Buddy Miles
    a 20 year old TR just wouldnt fit in, great pics though

25. andecorp

andecorp Formula 3

Jun 5, 2005
    Melb
    C'mon, start posting them so I can cry some more!