Merged: more sad news/Katrina'ed Ferrari 308 QV | FerrariChat

Merged: more sad news/Katrina'ed Ferrari 308 QV

Discussion in '308/328' started by NYJETSFAN, Sep 10, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. NYJETSFAN

NYJETSFAN Formula 3

May 11, 2001
    Kalifornia
    Full Name:
    Jr
  2. greg328

greg328 F1 Rookie

Nov 17, 2003
    Austin, TX USA
    Full Name:
    Greg
    that sucks....

3. fluque

fluque Formula 3

Jul 30, 2004
    Above 2240m
    Full Name:
    Fernando
    don't forget to do a PPI ... :)

4. Tifosi66

Tifosi66 Formula 3

Nov 30, 2004
    Jiang Jia Jie
    Full Name:
    Li-Ge
    real sad...

5. Rareusgold

Rareusgold Karting

Sep 9, 2005
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Rich
    I had a really tough day today. But things like that really put things in perspective and reminds me of what is really important and how lucky I really am. And that is from someone that got hit with Katrina when it crossed Florida and three other major Hurricanes last year. I hope for that guy that someone can use the parts and bidding will go far beyond what he hoped.

6. steve f

steve f F1 World Champ

Mar 15, 2004
    12cylinder town
    Full Name:
    steve
  7. judge4re

judge4re F1 World Champ

Apr 26, 2003
    Never home
    Full Name:
    Dr. Dumb Ass
    #7 judge4re, Sep 11, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  8. jvbjr

jvbjr Formula Junior
    BANNED

Aug 19, 2005
    I guess he was one of the people who had no transportaion to leave the city? HERE'S AN IDEA, if you and your family are escaping and you have a Ferrari, DRIVE IT the hell out of town don't leave it under a tree during a hurricaine. I have a Ford Explorer lease and my 348, if I was told GET OUT NOW, I would cover the inside of the 348 with a tarp with only a hole for the gear shift sticking through so I could get my great dane in there and get going. Surely the Explorer would fit more stuff and be more comfortable, but it is a lease and the other is a purchase.

Another thing you see people did not do is put their possesions on the upper floors of their homes. If you have stuff you want to save and the water is rising, how about bring that stuff up to the second floor or attic? The likelihood of 4ft of water is greater than 18ft, so why not TRY to save your possessions by putting them at a higher elevation?

9. don_xvi

don_xvi F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Outside Detroit
    Full Name:
    Don the 16th
    Actually, I decided that if it'd been here, I'd have left the Ferrari and hoped to do better on the insurance than my other beaters. Besides, in a hurricane evacuation when space on the freeway is as scarce as gas, what are you going to do, drive 2 cars? The Ferrari's a car, once the guy's situation stabilizes he can go buy another. P.S.-as a matter of fact, I had considered that you might be supposed to leave the car outside so they couldn't play any games on your homeowner's insurance (or lack thereof for flood coverage).

10. Juan-Manuel Fantango

Juan-Manuel Fantango F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 18, 2004
    Full Name:
    Juan
    Has to be an insurance scam. Who would leave this car under a tree outside in a hurican. I have a Jag xjr I would love to do this to.

11. dpospres

dpospres Formula Junior

Jun 29, 2005
    Obviously he didn't have insurance, or he wouldn't be selling it with "No Reserve" at this point. The insurance company would own it, and it would be a month or so before the claim was settled and it could be sold.

12. NYJETSFAN

NYJETSFAN Formula 3

May 11, 2001
    Kalifornia
    Full Name:
    Jr
    looks like he is getting some action its @ 14999,
    even if he has insurance I dont blame him for not waiting, I work with Insurance companies, they may say its not cover cuz the tree fell on it or some silly loop whole.... I hope he does well

13. dpospres

dpospres Formula Junior

Jun 29, 2005
  14. angelis

angelis F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jun 18, 2004
    London, England
    Full Name:
    Sy
  15. fletch62

fletch62 Formula Junior

Mar 8, 2004
    Fairhope, AL
    Full Name:
    Larry Fletcher
    Examine the ad, 14 inch wheels? only one pic? no papers or Insurance Co to deal with? Two bidders at the same amount minutes apart? I just get that uneasy feeling. I emailed him to contact me, no reply yet.

16. NYJETSFAN

NYJETSFAN Formula 3

May 11, 2001
    Kalifornia
    Full Name:
    Jr

yeah! I hope its not what im thinking too! I am trying to keep an open mind

17. ferrari4evr1

ferrari4evr1 Formula 3

May 8, 2005
    You could be right. I though about that when i read the auction. I never leave my toys outside if bad weather is coming. Especially a hurricane!!!!

18. steve f

steve f F1 World Champ

Mar 15, 2004
    12cylinder town
    Full Name:
    steve
    another ebay scam ??????????????

19. ferraripete

ferraripete F1 World Champ

i betcha it is! i'm so fuggin sick of ebay. i do wonder if there is any way to determine how much money is swindled each year?

ebay began fine but has recently become scary.

20. jvbjr

jvbjr Formula Junior
    BANNED

Aug 19, 2005
    Yes, you take one and the wife takes the other, when you get 100 miles north park the Ferrari so it is out of the storm path/water rising. You find a legitimate parking facility or a repair shop of some sort and make an agreement to pay them $25/day to store your car there for a few weeks. With a $1,000 deductible this would be far cheaper than an insurance claim, assuming the insurance would even pay.

21. BlakeChow

BlakeChow Rookie

Jul 16, 2005
    Orange County CA
    Full Name:
    Blake Chow

We'd hope not. But there are a ton of scams out there right now associated with Katrina. Ebay is the perfect place to carry them out. He dosent even have a VIN listed.

22. DN35

DN35 Formula Junior
    BANNED

Nov 22, 2003
    Illinois
    Full Name:
    D. Norton
    How many uninsured 308s are there? Looks like an especialy pathetic scam.

23. Dr Tommy Cosgrove

Dr Tommy Cosgrove Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 4, 2001
    Birmingham, AL
    Full Name:
    Tommy
    I thought I was the only one who left their 308 outside all the time.

I do not believe this ad for one second.

24. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    This thread makes me wonder how many Ferrari were lost ?
    Wasnt the Breadvan a NO resident ?

25. fletch62

fletch62 Formula Junior

Mar 8, 2004
    Fairhope, AL
    Full Name:
    Larry Fletcher
    Yes the breadvan does live in NO. I have been to the location with the owner and it is in an area that probably is ok. I say this because other business owners nearby said they had no damage or flooding.