Looking for F40 Document Pouch | FerrariChat

Looking for F40 Document Pouch

Discussion in '288GTO/F40/F50/Enzo/LaFerrari' started by Steve, Sep 26, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Steve

Steve Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003
    Seattle, WA
    Full Name:
    Steve Jenkins
    I'm looking for an F40 document pouch with all the manuals (yeah - mine didn't have them, and my efforts to track them down among the previous owners has been in vain...)

I know of one on ebay, if anyone else has a set for sale please PM me.

Thanks,

Steve

2. WCH

WCH F1 Veteran
    Owner

Mar 16, 2003
    Steve, you cheapskate, the $2k price tag for the eBay pouch a bit high for you? ;)

Let's see if anyone even bids on that one ....

3. Steve

Steve Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003
    Seattle, WA
    Full Name:
    Steve Jenkins
    LOL. As a matter of fact, it IS! You don't think I was able to save enough money to own my stable of cars by flushing it down the toilet, do ya? ;) I already emailed the seller to see if they would be willing to sell it for less. I won't hold my breath...

4. tx246

tx246 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 4, 2003
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Shawn
    it's a shame you just missed the recent ebay auction for a pouch only. it sold at a good price considering the rarity.

5. Steve

Steve Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003
    Seattle, WA
    Full Name:
    Steve Jenkins
    Got one. It should arrive by Friday. Thanks for the input, all. :)

6. greyboxer

greyboxer F1 World Champ

Dec 8, 2004
    South East
    Full Name:
    Jimmie
    Just too late - I know of a pouch / manual / service set

7. Steve

Steve Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003
    Seattle, WA
    Full Name:
    Steve Jenkins
    Sigh...do I want to know how much? :)

8. WCH

WCH F1 Veteran
    Owner

Mar 16, 2003
    I do - I may be interested

9. mrknowitallf40

mrknowitallf40 Formula Junior

Feb 20, 2005
    Luggage anyone?

10. WCH

WCH F1 Veteran
    Owner

Mar 16, 2003
    "Luggage anyone?"

OK, I'm game. How much?

11. RufMD

RufMD F1 Rookie
    Owner

Jan 31, 2004
    USA
    Full Name:
    Jas
    I'm a little curious too !

12. WCH

WCH F1 Veteran
    Owner

Mar 16, 2003
    I don't know about Ruf, but having no doubt advanced the F40 market in acquiring my car, I'm now eager to pay absolute top dollar for everything related to the car, from the document pouch, to the luggage, to the turbos I saw on eBay for $40k or something like that ... nothing like an eager beaver new guy .... ;)

13. RufMD

RufMD F1 Rookie
    Owner

Jan 31, 2004
    USA
    Full Name:
    Jas

Yeah, once the bug bites, it bites really hard doesn't it ? I looked online last night for a document pouch for Steve, but didn't have any luck. Fortunately, mine came with the set of manuals and pouch, but I'd love to find a set of luggage....big bucks no doubt !

I just bought a Pocher 1:8 F40 kit (K58) and an engine kit with autograph transkit....that should keep me busy over the winter !

14. Tenney

Tenney F1 Rookie
    Consultant

Feb 21, 2001
    Might try Pat at FOC re: Forty luggage. Had a couple 'o sets a few weeks back. (714) 662-7600.

15. Steve

Steve Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003
    Seattle, WA
    Full Name:
    Steve Jenkins
    I bought a set of F40 luggage in perfect condition on ebay a couple days after I took delivery of the car. I had no idea how rare they were...

The ONLY thing I didn't like about the luggage is that the previous owner's name was inscribed into a tag that is sewn to each piece. I emailed Schedoni about it. Not sure I want to do what they want me to do. :) Here's the thread (my original mail is under the reply):

----------------------
    Dear Steve,

I just received a reply to your issue relating the changing of name tags on a set of F40 Luggage.

The factory would charge $750 to make the changes you are requesting. Please let me know what you would like to do.

The bags should be shipped directly to Italy and I can give you that address. Please call me at 305-968-1666.

Best regards,

Patrick Lapone
    Schedoni USA
    ---- Steve Jenkins wrote:
    > Hello:
    >
    > I recently purchased a Ferrari F40 which came with a fitted Schedoni luggage
    > set. However, the luggage has a tag sewn to it with the previous owner's
    > name engraved in the leather. Could you please tell me how much it would
    > cost to replace the original tag with a new one?
    >
    > Thank you,
    >
    > Steve Jenkins
    > Seattle, WA

16. Steve

Steve Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003
    Seattle, WA
    Full Name:
    Steve Jenkins
    Well I THOUGHT I was getting an original/complete document pouch. However, when it arrived today, the leather pouch was from a much later model Ferrari (darker color, too new looking, etc. It should look more like the pouch in my 89 328).

Additionally, I was looking for docs for a 1991 US F40, but the owner's manual was for a euro F40 (cat 610/90), instead of the US version (cat 606/90).

The consumer information booklet was correct for that year (594/90) but the warranty booklet (520/88) and the service directory (510/88) were for an earlier car.

I've emailed the seller and will give him a chance to make things right, or refund my purchase price and allow me to return the set, before I mention any names.

17. shaughnessy

shaughnessy Formula 3

Apr 1, 2004
    Wolfeboro NH
    Full Name:
    Thomas E Shaughnessy
  18. greyboxer

greyboxer F1 World Champ

Dec 8, 2004
    South East
    Full Name:
    Jimmie