Boxers Tail Will Wag Dog! NOW | FerrariChat

Boxers Tail Will Wag Dog! NOW

Discussion in 'Boxers/TR/M' started by msdesignltd, Oct 10, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. msdesignltd

msdesignltd F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 17, 2003
    NYC. / E. Hampton
    Full Name:
    Michael
    OK GUYS. The time is right!

I would like to make 100g's+each for all of the Boxer owners on this forum.Are you listening Franklin, Gary, Ralph, Pinin,etc....

In Light of a few past threads indicating the Boxer as the most undervalued 12 cylinder Ferrari out there now,And the current spike in Daytona prices, I believe cumulatively we can change or amend History....The atmosphere has never been so right for this Idea to work. If any of you remember the late 80,s then you will remember what or how the Ferrarimania craze started...it was with a small group of dealers, I think ones name was Mid America exotics advertised in Hemmings and Dupont and Auto week that they had Daytona spiders for sale in the 300 thousand range ,then they advertised the next month that they were sold and the had another for 400 thousand and so on,When in actuality they were all hypeing the market.But the Prices Stuck... I believe these guys started the hyper ferrari price days of the late 80's and it spread to all ferraris of that time.
    Re: THE BOXER....... whether or not they will go up now or 2 years from now, They will go up....My Idea is to create the Catylist Now that can boost the value of the Boxer to where it should be.I believe this method is Fool proof....Lets have all 512 bbi, bb and gt4 owners start to list their cars for sale in the following publications for prices we will speak about shortly....Listings should include( Ferraribuy.com Autoweek, Hemmings,Ferrari Market Letter and more ). If all of us come on with these new Market Prices, We will precipitate the future immediatly.We will all confer on what prices to advertise but I would list mine at $190,000.00 and we will all state in our adds that the car will be worth $250,000.00 within 1 year, That kind of hype!...and surely you can decide to cash in or not on a sale.
    I do not believe this is illegal, I do believe with the advent of FERRARICHAT...and the communication of most of the Boxer owners in the U.S. we can surely accomplish this..
    We Can Wag the Dog By His Tail!!!!!!!!!

WHO'S IN..............................................

Michael

2. parkerfe

parkerfe F1 World Champ

Sep 4, 2001
    Cumming, Georgia
    Full Name:
    Franklin E. Parker
    I too believe that would work if enough Boxer owners participate. I would start in the $150k range though...at least for the first month of ads.

3. Dave

Dave F1 Rookie

Apr 15, 2001
    Little Rock
    Full Name:
    David Jones
    Put the pipe down.

4. ralfabco

ralfabco Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 1, 2002
    Dixie
    Full Name:
    Itamar Ben-Gvir
    I had a guy in sales tell me, to never advertise a car cheap. A buyer will believe the car is a dog with issues. Advertise the car for alot of money. The buyer will then believe the car to be very special.

I think their is a market for a very nice car advertised over 100K.

Their is very little available for a reasonable amount of money.
    GTC/4
    2 + 2

5. Ken

Ken F1 World Champ

Oct 19, 2001
    Arlington Heights IL
    Full Name:
    Kenneth
    You can't change a "market" by raising prices. Markets are determined by supply and demand. The late 80's run was caused by increased demand and limited supply, NOT by a few dealers raising prices. That happened after the market showed it could bear higher selling numbers. The reason demand increased was (IMHO) linked to a sinking economy, which makes "collectables" more valuable. Morgan silver dollars also sold for many times their current prices.

If all you Boxer guys ask too much money, you won't sell them. Potential buyers have a value they are willing to pay, and they will buy something else if the Boxers are too much in their opinion. They won't just pay up beyond what the "market" is if it gets beyond a certain level.

With Daytonas starting to take off, demand for Boxers *may* ride the coat tails and thus prices may indeed go up soon. Again, this is demand talking, not a bunch of guys asking more money. It's more guys coming out of the woodwork asking if you want to sell your car.

Ken

6. DN35

DN35 Formula Junior
    BANNED

Nov 22, 2003
    Illinois
    Full Name:
    D. Norton
    The trick is that you can bend the demand curve by making people think something is more valuable/desirable than it really is. Someone who is interested in such a car would research it, and based on the "new higher" prices, he'd get it in his head that's what such a car is worth, and be prepared to pay it if necessary.

The buyer implicitly believes in the power of the market. If he sees 1 Boxer priced $50-75k over all the others, he will assume the high price is an anomaly. If he sees all of the Boxers at the same "high" price, he will assume that's the price the market has determined.

But please don't do this until I buy mine. :)

Hi Ken - haven't seen you or your Lotus in a long time!

7. LightGuy

LightGuy Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 4, 2004
    Texas
    Full Name:
    David
    The other thing... It has to be done covertly.

8. msdesignltd

Rossa Subscribed

Nov 17, 2003
    NYC. / E. Hampton
    Full Name:
    Michael
    Like we all dont know already! Barrett Jackson makes me seeth...8% from Buyer and 8% from Seller...and all the schills he plants...Tell me any other catylist would have boosted these Hemi ragtops to such heights...Learn from the pro's....

9. donv

donv Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 5, 2002
    Portland, Oregon
    Full Name:
    Don
    Sheehan's already trying this approach with 27001-- listed at $95k.

My objection to this strategy is that someone might actually offer me $150k, and then I'd have to sell mine! What would I do then?

10. Leweyb

Leweyb Karting

Apr 24, 2004
    East Hampton
    Barrett makes my profession (commercial realtor) look like a bunch of underpaid minimium wage earners!

11. Murph

Murph Formula 3

Apr 26, 2004
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    Michael, I like the way you're thinkin'.
    I'll run an ad.
    My wife will love it.
    It will be the first car I've put up for sale since we've been married!

We could even go one further.
    With a push to get the Boxer onto and into as many TV shows and magazines as possible
    along with an intense online "positive" Boxer posting campaign in the various auto forums,
    I think we could create our own "grass roots" Boxer awareness campaign.
    It would be interesting to see if we could have any effect.

Just hold off a couple weeks till I find a damn set of pliers for my tool kit.
    If the values take off, I'll never find a set!

12. msdesignltd

Rossa Subscribed

Nov 17, 2003
    NYC. / E. Hampton
    Full Name:
    Michael

GREAT!....With Parker and Murph and me we represent one 50th of the entire boxer population here in the U.S.

I think we can go ahead with the advertising program when we have 6 to 8 willing participants.....

Anyone else on Board....????????????? Anyone!

13. msdesignltd

Rossa Subscribed

Nov 17, 2003
    NYC. / E. Hampton
    Full Name:
    Michael

Imagine the guy who buys one of our Boxers and then joins F Chat, only to find this thread!

14. snj5

snj5 F1 World Champ

Feb 22, 2003
    San Antonio
    Full Name:
    Russ Turner
    can you wait until next year after i buy one?

15. Dopplemax

Dopplemax Formula 3

And he had some serious buyers, but I got to it first from the seller!

DMAX

16. ralfabco

ralfabco Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 1, 2002
    Dixie
    Full Name:
    Itamar Ben-Gvir
    Michael

I get a premium for a rare factory tan dash

I doubt you would argue with that !

17. st.tully

st.tully Karting

Jan 29, 2004
  18. JTR

JTR Formula 3
    Owner

Apr 26, 2005
    in a house
    Full Name:
    John
    Sure. I'll sell mine for $148,500, cause it needs a set of tires.
    Yeah, and then I'll buy a, buy a what?
    Buy one of the thousands of 360 for sale?
    Hmmmm, I think I'd rather have my Boxer!
    You guys gotta get the price up higher, so I can get a 288 GTO!

19. Kevallino

Kevallino Formula 3

Feb 10, 2004
    Mid-Ohio
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    You bloody well should have seller's remorse - that car is beautiful. Wish I'd had the 90K but I have that one in a file for future reference.

Although I'll probably have to pay 200K for it if this wacky market manipulation idea works....

Cheers
    Kevin

20. Bill L

Bill L Rookie

Sep 25, 2005
    San Diego
    Please wait to implement your plan, I will be purchasing a boxer in the next couple of months. I like todays prices

Bill

21. alberto

alberto Formula 3

Aug 25, 2001
    San Diego
    Full Name:
    Alberto
    Can you say "Jail" boys and girls?

22. Boca Bob

Boca Bob Rookie

Sep 11, 2005
    Boca Raton, Fl.
    Full Name:
    Rober B' Lecce
    I agree with Ken especially where he relates to Morgan Dollars. I have increased the value of Rare Coins for over 50 years. You all have one major flaw in your scheme. You have to support your own markets. You can't expect the rest of the world to cough up the inflated dollars for your products.

Now this is how it's done. I find an item like a Boxer that I feel is undervalued and I create a consortium of dealers, investors and friends to buy up all the existing inventory I can find. After you take a good positing and have created an unbalanced supply you now start to increase your bids for the product. You have to be willing to buy the product at higher prices while adding as little as possible to your inventory. Now this takes a lot of money but you will actually increase the value of the product and not create a false market.

Where you make the big bucks is when you have increased the value of your entire inventory 2 or 3 fold and have created a tremendeous demand for the product because you have effectively created an unbalance in the supply and demand curve.

I spend millions each year doing this in my business and this is really the only way if works. Nobody gets killed in a crash. Remember Testarossa's at 300K?

23. LightGuy

Silver Subscribed

Oct 4, 2004
    Texas
    Full Name:
    David
    Consider yourself lucky.

Sheehan's boxer is a true Eurospec one never converted. It is an oddity in the U.S. market. He bought it at less than 80k from an ad at FerrariAds.com recently. He can ask anything, selling is another question.

Like many collector crazes, the question becomes; once the value goes up , do I sell for profit ? Once done what do I buy ?
    Keep the cars and enjoy them for what they are.

24. LightGuy

Silver Subscribed

Oct 4, 2004
    Texas
    Full Name:
    David
    Exactly who enforces the laws of supply and demand ?

25. RP

RP F1 World Champ

Feb 9, 2005
    Bocahuahua, Florxico
    Full Name:
    Tone Def
    Pipe? Who has the pipe? And why aren't they sharing?

I just paid $60K for a nineteen thousand mile 512BBi, that checked out very nicely at Carobu. Not because I knew the value would go up within 18-24 months, but because it is a really great car.

If the value goes up, I am still keeping the car.