NEED HELP | FerrariChat

NEED HELP

Discussion in 'California (Southern)' started by Speedracer38, Oct 27, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Speedracer38

Speedracer38 F1 Veteran

Oct 11, 2004
    Connecticut
    Full Name:
    Jason Thorgalsen
    has anyone ever heard of this dealer- http://www.dennigcars.org/ Someones 355 Challenge car was stolen in New Enlgand and the car just popped onto their inventory.

2. LetsJet

LetsJet F1 Veteran
    Owner

May 24, 2004
    DC/LA/Paris/Haleiwa
    Full Name:
    Mr.
    Good Spot..........

3. lusso64

lusso64 Formula 3

Apr 12, 2004
    Simi Valley
    Full Name:
    David
    Jasion - excellent catch - I believe the owner of the car posted his phone number on the Atlantic Coast section - give him a call no matter what the time. He can then call the OC police if need be.

I just wish that when my GT4 was stolen in Australia er had a group like this that was so vigilant.

Dave

4. tvu

tvu Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 13, 2004
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Trieu
    That's a great catch. Let us know how the locals can help.

5. Peloton25

Peloton25 F1 Veteran

Jan 24, 2004
    California, USA
    Full Name:
    Erik
    Well I see one problem already. This is the registration info connected to that website as taken from a WHOIS lookup on www.networksolutions.com - they certainly aren't running this operation solely out of Orange County.

I did a reverse lookup on the phone number from that website and Google has it listed to:

Diana Stegall - (949) 916-9216 - 27912 Via Crespi, Laguna Niguel, CA 92677

That address is clickable to a Google Maps page showing a residence. Before anyone goes kicking down any doors though, that may no longer be accurate info for the telephone number.

What I can tell you that the 949 area code and 916 prefix are owned by COX CALIFORNIA TELECOM, INC

You probably can not contact them to find out if the phone number matches that address, but the Police will be able to.

Good luck on this one. Wish I could help more - I hate theives.

>8^)
    ER

6. CMY

CMY F1 World Champ

Oct 15, 2004
    Redondo Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Seems like a pretty shady deal all the way around.. Website isn't very helpful in figuring out where the car is, most likely they're involved somehow (considering the one-day timeframe involved) and real contact info is sketchy at best.

Interesting how quickly it popped up on the net though.. someone was doing their homework on this deal.

7. Peloton25

Peloton25 F1 Veteran

Jan 24, 2004
    California, USA
    Full Name:
    Erik
    I used web.archive.org to look up older versions of their website.

They have had that Laguna Niguel phone number listed on there for over two years, so my guess now is that the info Google pulled with the address could be accurate. There was also a U.K. phone number, and a different one for Europe with the same country code.

Europe: +45 6220 2509 UK: +44 (0) 1449 781 515 USA: +1 949 916 9216

= = = = = =

Another version of the site included these addresses and phone numbers:

DennigCars Europe.

Tinghusgade 28, 1.
    5700 Svendborg
    Denmark

Tel.: +45-6220-2509
    Fax: +45-6220-2574

- - - -

DennigCars USA.

3100 Airway Ave.
    Suite 116
    Costa Mesa
    CA - 92626

Tel.: +1-714-444-1703
    Fax: +1-714-444-4374

Managing Director:
    Kim A. Dennig

I doubt the car has made it out West in a matter of one day, but obviously there's a connection with that website and the people who run it. They must know something, or be very stupid... or both.

>8^)
    ER

8. CMY

CMY F1 World Champ

Oct 15, 2004
    Redondo Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Chris
    I think that's a fairly accurate appraisal of the situation; aside from having the owners name scrawled on the side of the car in Krylon it couldn't be more recognizable.

I'll be curious to see the outcome of this but I definitely think it'll be a bumpy ride for everyone involved.

9. Speedracer38

Speedracer38 F1 Veteran

Oct 11, 2004
    Connecticut
    Full Name:
    Jason Thorgalsen
    Erik good job!! ill forward all this to the owner.

-Jason

10. BigHead

BigHead Formula Junior

Oct 31, 2003
    Outside of Boston
    Full Name:
    Dennis
    THANKS to all for the great detective work, but, alas, this site is OLD. These are pictures taken from before my friend Andy bought the car. That "for sale" website is just sorely, sorely out of date. (And, yes, Andy did apply "6" and "FedEx" stickers this summer, but that was to replace the old stickers, which were fading/peeling.)

Someone would have to be really ballsy to post a for sale ad with the car a day after they stole it (still, it's certainly conceivable, as sad a reflection on our society as it is).

Your efforts are much appreciated!

vty,

--Dennis

11. 1cerberus4u

1cerberus4u Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 13, 2004
    Bedford NH
    Full Name:
    andy sanborn
    to everyone who is helping, Laurie and I thank you so much for the continued effort!!

last we/the police know, the car was on an open trailer, behind a pickup in the salisbury Ma area.....

again, thanks so much for the effort and i hope we can catch them

andy

12. Peloton25

Peloton25 F1 Veteran

Jan 24, 2004
    California, USA
    Full Name:
    Erik
    Well so much for our suspicions of some kind of global conspiracy/Ferrari theft ring. :eek:

I do hope you manage to get the car back ASAP. :(

>8^)
    ER

13. BigHead

BigHead Formula Junior

Oct 31, 2003
    Outside of Boston
    Full Name:
    Dennis
    UPDATE: WBZ Channel 4 news in Boston ran a piece on the stolen 355 Challenge tonight, at the beginning of the 11 pm newscast (must have been a *really* slow news day). PLEASE do keep your eyes open - you never know where or when it might turn up!

http://cbs4boston.com/topstories/local_story_305123235.html
    Click on the video, and it'll play as a Macromedia .flv file....

If you want a 26 meg download of it as a mpg4 file:
    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=E5SPVAQG

They interviewed Natalia from Ferrari Maserati of New England, and some giant blowhard added some theories about what might have happened to the car. Still, they have a bit of a 430 being started up and sounding cool. The hope is that getting more publicity on this topic will inspire the thief to realize that this car is too hot to do anything with it, and instead just wipe it down and leave it in a parking lot.

And it made the Boston Globe today too, with a link to FChat even!

vty,

--Dennis

14. KEVYKAT

KEVYKAT Rookie

Nov 2, 2005
    !