Exotics in the Outback - MOTOR Magazine ROCK STARS!! | FerrariChat

Exotics in the Outback - MOTOR Magazine ROCK STARS!!

Discussion in 'Australia' started by ashsimmonds, Nov 8, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ashsimmonds

ashsimmonds F1 World Champ

Feb 14, 2004
    adelaide, australia
    Full Name:
    Humble Narrator
    yeah baby it's out!

haven't read it yet, but looks like a good spread, however they got the names mixed up... ha ha

edit: i've just had a chance this week to do some more werk on the website too, so for a preview of what i'm up to check out...

ExoticsInTheOutback.com

2. FFOUR

FFOUR F1 Veteran

Sep 14, 2004
    Perth, Australia
    I've never been so eager to get an issue of MOTOR magazine, will get it before work so I have something to do for the day. :)

3. beama

beama F1 Rookie

Oct 27, 2005
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Steve. G.
    Just checked it out....good write up, but ****, you're ugly bastards:)

4. FFOUR

FFOUR F1 Veteran

Sep 14, 2004
    Perth, Australia
    then you should fit right in next year.... :p

5. FFOUR

FFOUR F1 Veteran

Sep 14, 2004
    Perth, Australia
    Interesting that they chose the title "ROCK STARS" - I remember Martin coming up with that on the walk back to the hotel after dinner on Saturday night in Uluru.

6. beama

beama F1 Rookie

Oct 27, 2005
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Steve. G.
    Plan to come with my UU image...uber ugly!

7. ashsimmonds

Feb 14, 2004
    adelaide, australia
    Full Name:
    Humble Narrator
    well, scud is actually incubus, and mhh is actually robert (scud's bro). they got Les and Gekko right (but spelt it wrong)

i'm in the pax seat of the Gallardo in the front-on shot on the road next to the GT2, lucky for you i'm barely visible :p

8. FFOUR

FFOUR F1 Veteran

Sep 14, 2004
    Perth, Australia
    I went to the nearest newsagent and they haven't got it yet - he said probably end of the month (what a load of ****).

You would think 4 days with us would be enough to get the names right..... :( :confused:

9. gekko

gekko Karting

Nov 1, 2003
    Brisbane, Australia
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Did they use our real names or only our nicknames?

I know we stressed on Martin not to use them but I would like to know whether he did or not.

Going down to see if my newsagent has it yet or not :)

10. mhh

mhh F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2004
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Mark
    I'm actually very handsome - pity they used Robert's pic for me instead.

Actually, what really hurts is that people will think I wear a Ferrari shirt.... ;)

11. mhh

mhh F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2004
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Too late Gekko, you are named!

12. mhh

mhh F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2004
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Do you need a copy sent Express Post?

13. gekko

gekko Karting

Nov 1, 2003
    Brisbane, Australia
    Full Name:
    Mark
    I have a copy now, f**king great! The only thing I wanted to make sure of and they ignored they request.

Other than that, the article seems pretty good and doesn't appear to go too far over the top.

Cheers

14. FFOUR

FFOUR F1 Veteran

Sep 14, 2004
    Perth, Australia
    Thanks, but it should be fine. I think when the guy said "end of the month.." he really meant "I wouldn't have a clue.....". ;)

I will try another place during my lunch break.

15. Incubus

Incubus Rookie

Nov 6, 2003
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Chris
    That Roger Lago is a great looking Dude !!

16. Incubus

Incubus Rookie

Nov 6, 2003
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Chris
    These pages are posted for people outside Australia or who are unable to buy a copy of Motor Magazine. If you have the chance, buy your own copy of Motor Magazine !!! ( I bought 5 copies today already )

17. Mike360

Mike360 F1 Rookie

Feb 18, 2004
    Sydney, Australia
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Fookin Excellent.
    I will pick up a copy on the way home.

**Did you guys authorise the use of your names??**

18. jim501

jim501 Formula 3

Mar 29, 2005
    Gold Coast
    Beauty it makes it look like I owned one of the cars!
    I'm quite pleased with the article (apart from the fact they used everyones names when some asked no to be) it was good to see that they took the piss out of the Monaro so no one would really think that the article was about it. Still going to be concerned about the quoted speeds. Hope it doesn't spoil our fun in the future.
    Good work with the site Ash I was hoping you would have something up in time for the article.

Good to see you here Chris. Hope you don't mind if I use you scans instead of scanning mine.

19. beama

beama F1 Rookie

Oct 27, 2005
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Steve. G.
    Yep, never trust a journo!

20. Kelsa

Kelsa F1 Veteran

Jul 25, 2005
    Adult Toy Land
    Full Name:
    Crazy Chinaman
    wow, looks really good!

shame that don't think can put the application to join you guys now.

:(

21. FFOUR

FFOUR F1 Veteran

Sep 14, 2004
    Perth, Australia
    I finally tracked down a copy and have read the article.

Here are my views on the article:

1. Glad I got in one of the photos, conducting the orchestra. :p Also I remember vividly that shot of the Monaro being overtaken at 208kmh, as I was in the GT2 at the time with Robert. :)

2. It would have been nice if it were a little longer, quite a few details missing I think.

3. A few small errors (names obviously), calling the Spider a Spyder annoys me. Also the CS isn't exactly "brand spankers" anymore.

4. Ash said "this is not a race....." , and then he goes and shows pics of us drag racing. :p

5. Did Martin really have a go as passenger in the CS from Yulara to Kata Tjuta? I don't remember that bit......

6. "No one will let me drive their cars...." - must be something about you Martin, as some of us did. :D

All up I think its ok, but it will definately hold a special place in my magazine collection. :)

22. ashsimmonds

Feb 14, 2004
    adelaide, australia
    Full Name:
    Humble Narrator
    yep! just after Guy had done the sticky-camera on the back of the CS thing... actually that's a point, is that photo in there? they spent best part of an hour setting that one up. :confused: but yeah then scud took Martin for a burn, i remember sitting back and listening... 1st.. redline... 2nd... redline... 3rd... redline... 4th... redline... OMG how fast is he going through that twisty stuff!! :eek:

i liked it, you can see Martin being quite the larrakin amongst us, i think it was a good spread. i'm just disappointed in how hard it was to find... i was standing in the newsagent for 5 minutes thumbing through stuff about crappy WRX's ( :p ) and stuff, no mention on the cover and didn't spot easily in the contents, i almost thought it had been dropped.

23. FFOUR

FFOUR F1 Veteran

Sep 14, 2004
    Perth, Australia
    Yes now I remember!!! :)

Nah that photo never worked out, I remember Martin coming back mumbling about it.

I had the same problem at the newsagent, and I was expecting at least a little mention on the front cover. :( I suppose they had their reasons, like the WRX which did make the cover - much more important. :p

24. gekko

gekko Karting

Nov 1, 2003
    Brisbane, Australia
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Been busy all day but finally read it all through. Pretty good all round as they really had the opportunity to put numerous slants on story.

Unfortunate about the photo mixups and it would have been good to have all the cars & drivers shown (correctly!). All round we had a great mix of cars and I hope everyone comes back next year.

Tough luck about the names but not much can be done about it now. I guess I'll just have to buy some extra copies to complain about :)