308 Stebro sound files | FerrariChat

308 Stebro sound files

Discussion in '308/328' started by chris marsh, Nov 30, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. chris marsh

chris marsh F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 30, 2005
    Detroit
    Full Name:
    Chris Marsh
    #1 chris marsh, Nov 30, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  2. 285ferrari

285ferrari Two Time F1 World Champ
    Sponsor

Sep 11, 2004
    Southern Md
    Full Name:
    Robbie
    Great sounding---love that sweet exhaust note!!!

3. mikesoanes1960

mikesoanes1960 Karting

Apr 30, 2004
    Full Name:
    Mike
  4. chris marsh

chris marsh F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 30, 2005
    Detroit
    Full Name:
    Chris Marsh
    Mike,
    Quicksilver fabricated my headers from scratch for $2500.00 US and had them on my doorstep in Detroit (from London) in 10 Days. I think it was quite a bargain.
    there are a lot of cutting bending and welding for a one-off set of headers. they look good and fit like a glove.

The price Quicksilver quoted me for a muffler was $1650. I got the Stebro for $1325.00 but I went with Stebro because of the highly recomended sound. I was afraid a Tubi may be too loud and I could not find any info on Quicksilver.

Don't go by the price list, CALL these guys, they're all negotiable. These are very, very low volume items, its not like buying a muffler for your chevy where they make a million or 3 everyday.

5. mikesoanes1960

mikesoanes1960 Karting

Apr 30, 2004
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Chris, don't misunderstand me. I am glad you are happy, but if you had come to buy your header and the $2500 dollars quoted had just gone upto $4000 with no real reason you would be annoyed. I am just fed up with being the owner of a lovely car and having the experience ruined by this constant feeling of being taken for a ride by garages and parts suppliers. This is a prime example.

6. chris marsh

chris marsh F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 30, 2005
    Detroit
    Full Name:
    Chris Marsh

They are business men, it is their job to get maximum dollars for everything they sell. It is a function of competition to bring the price down. Unfortunately the market is too small to generate competitors interest.

7. Jdubbya

Jdubbya The $10 Trillion Man
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2003
    PNW
    Full Name:
    John
    Sounds great Chris! Is that with the inserts in? I just bought a Stebro too but don't have it on the car yet. Can't wait to get going on it now!

8. Dr Tommy Cosgrove

Dr Tommy Cosgrove Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 4, 2001
    Birmingham, AL
    Full Name:
    Tommy
    My only concern would be the fit of the headers, especially having a one-off set made overseas for that much.

You promise they just bolted right in with no problems?

I may get a set.

9. chris marsh

chris marsh F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 30, 2005
    Detroit
    Full Name:
    Chris Marsh
    Yes, I promise and I was assured by other customers I found in chat rooms that with Quicksilver there would not be a problem and if there was a problem Quicksilver is good about rectifying it. I did not need any more details than that.

I also found that Stebro makes entire exhaust systems. If you go to Evans automotive site there are photos of a resto project Stebro made the entire exhaust for. The only bad thing I've heard about Stebro is their stainless stains. But the ceramic coating takes care of that with a lifetime rust garantee.

These sound files were created with the baffles in.

I put the best file I made here:

http://media.putfile.com/308-ferrari-stebro

10. BillyD

BillyD Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 28, 2004
    Pacific Northwest
    Full Name:
    Bill
    Any way to save the PUTFILE to my computer?

11. chris marsh

chris marsh F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 30, 2005
    Detroit
    Full Name:
    Chris Marsh

BillyD,
    I don't know how to save from putfile, but if you send me your e-mail address I'll send it to you.

12. Dr Tommy Cosgrove

Dr Tommy Cosgrove Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 4, 2001
    Birmingham, AL
    Full Name:
    Tommy
    I also found that Stebro makes entire exhaust systems. If you go to Evans automotive site there are photos of a resto project Stebro made the entire exhaust for. The only bad thing I've heard about Stebro is their stainless stains. But the ceramic coating takes care of that with a lifetime rust garantee.[/QUOTE]

I am familiar with the inserts. I had the pleasure of riding with Mike Charness in his 308 at Indy this year with them in and out. I have a Tubi now but I really like the insert option.

Is there any disadvantage with coating the headers? I also have a friend who did the same as you with a header on an old FIAT. It looked good.

13. chris marsh

chris marsh F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 30, 2005
    Detroit
    Full Name:
    Chris Marsh

I have only had them on the car a short time and the coating got a little scratched getting them in the car (not too bad considering what a puzzle it is to get them in). One of my new CV joint boots let go, flinging grease all over the new headers. When I saw the charred remains of the grease on the headers I thought they were ruined...but I'm glad I was wrong, they cleaned up very nicely with soap and water. Nearer the engine the coating is changing color to a more gray-ish rather than the silver that they were.