EUGENIO'S FERRARI SERVICE | FerrariChat

EUGENIO'S FERRARI SERVICE

Discussion in 'California (Southern)' started by horsmanp, Jan 17, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. horsmanp

horsmanp Formula Junior

Mar 8, 2005
    AZ
    Full Name:
    Patrick Horsman
    I heard about this guy through the board, seems to be well respected... I want to get some work done but he won’t respond to my emails or phone calls. Can anyone who knows him make an introduction for me? I want to get some service done on my 2001 360.

Funny thing is he reads my emails right after I send them (I use automatic read notification software) but he won’t respond or answer the phone...

Strange

2. ernie

ernie Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 19, 2001
    The Brickyard
    Full Name:
    The Bad Guy
    No not strange, he is just very busy. There is usually a pretty big wait for him to work on your car. I'm thinking he is just over booked and can't take in anymore work.

3. horsmanp

horsmanp Formula Junior

Mar 8, 2005
    AZ
    Full Name:
    Patrick Horsman
    But a 1 line email reply or phone call back would be courteous...

4. Bullfighter

Bullfighter Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jan 26, 2005
    Indian Wells, California
    Full Name:
    Jon
    He's been very responsive to my emails, usually within a day or two, and the responses have been detailed and thoughtful. I'd guess he's just very busy and recommend allowing a couple of days for a response.

Mechanics in general don't seem to monitor email as closely as those of us who are online all day for work.

5. horsmanp

horsmanp Formula Junior

Mar 8, 2005
    AZ
    Full Name:
    Patrick Horsman
    But I know he read both emails within an hour of me sending them, as I get a notification email back. Cool software www.msgtag.com

Its been about a week and a half since the first email...

6. 1badboy

1badboy Formula Junior

Dec 11, 2004
    Hermosa Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Eric Rayl
    Eugenio, while never servicing my car yet (we could not schedule a date that worked for both of us- he is busy) has e-mailed me several times with great details and actually called me once to clarify an issue that I had posted on f-chat. I would think he is worth the wait unless it is an emergency or you are not very local to his area.

Good luck!

Eric

7. wax

wax Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
    One bit of advice I read 4 or so years ago, before joining any F-Car site was not to be put off by lack of response, as he's busy for many months to come - without making new appointments.

8. rcallahan

rcallahan F1 Rookie
    Owner

Jul 15, 2002
    Santa Barbara
    Full Name:
    Bob Callahan
    Patrick,

Try to get someone to make the introduction for you. He is hesitant to take on clients that he knows nothing about.

Bob

9. rammsteinmatt

rammsteinmatt Formula Junior

Jul 26, 2005
    Glendora, CA
    Full Name:
    Matthew Shinavar
    i can take you by. no gaurantees, but i can take you by. PM me to set a date if you're interested. his shop is in glendora, near the 210 and 57 freeways

10. EuroDino

EuroDino Formula Junior

Dec 5, 2004
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joseph Fischetti
    You might want to let Eugenio know what you plan on doing. But then
    you are probably his personal friend and know him better than I do.

Since your'e talking about newer more expensive F-Cars.
    I am just a customer with a silly old 308 GT4.

11. EuroDino

EuroDino Formula Junior

Dec 5, 2004
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joseph Fischetti
    I think I figured this out. You (and your car) are in New York and Eugenio is in California. Maybe if you clarified the situation - you may get a response.

12. rammsteinmatt

rammsteinmatt Formula Junior

Jul 26, 2005
    Glendora, CA
    Full Name:
    Matthew Shinavar
    yes i was planning on dropping by and talking to him about it first, but if this guy is in NY like you suggested, i woudnt have to drive the 2 miles to his shop now would I?

horsmanp: what are you planning on having done? for reference. like major service, minor service, tubi/capistros, coilovers (you can PM me this if you dont want to disclose it publically)

13. EuroDino

EuroDino Formula Junior

Dec 5, 2004
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joseph Fischetti

it's "wouldn't"
    and pick your friends carefully. you know Eugenio.... you don't know this horse guy...... and if Eugenio is really brushing him off..... or if he has presented just his own spin on his tale of woe.
    besides, gas is expensive :)

14. horsmanp

horsmanp Formula Junior

Mar 8, 2005
    AZ
    Full Name:
    Patrick Horsman
    I have a place in NY, and LA, and car is in LA...

I want him to replace the clutch on my 2001 F1 360 Coupe...

He said he can do it for me in April, I can wait for him since the car drives ok, just a bit jerkey...

Thanks to all of you for replying, and if anyone spoke to him on my behalf I appreacite it.

15. SrfCity

SrfCity F1 World Champ

April? Why not just have FoOC do it. That way if there's a problem they'll take care of it with out any hassles. I thought that guy worked on the older stuff mostly.

16. EuroDino

EuroDino Formula Junior

Dec 5, 2004
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joseph Fischetti
    old or new, in my opinion, the best is always worth waiting for.

17. brent Lachelt

brent Lachelt Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 6, 2003
    Brownsburg, INDIANA
    Full Name:
    Brent R.Lachelt
    Patrick, I think you will be very happy with Eugenio's work.

18. horsmanp

horsmanp Formula Junior

Mar 8, 2005
    AZ
    Full Name:
    Patrick Horsman
    They charge $135 an hour for labor, and charge at 1.5X the actual reccomended book time. Spoke with my dealer who i bought the car from, he said Ferrari book time is 12 hours to replace the clutch, and Ferrari of Bev Hills is charging 18 hours just because they can.

Since its not something thats super time sensitive, I am going to wait and save a few $$$...

19. BeachBum

BeachBum Formula 3

nobody touches my baby but Eugenio, like EuroDino said, the best is worth waiting for

20. SrfCity

SrfCity F1 World Champ

When you look at hourly rates that makes sense. But, I've found that if you ask what it costs to replace a clutch(with throwout bearings) they will give you an out the door price. And, I've found they're all about $4,500(FoOC not Beverly Hills) give or take. So if they're all in the ball park I'd rather take it to the dealer as they'd stand behind their work the best. Plus you get it done on your schedule. It would seem to make sense that if the guy is that busy it'd be like pulling teeth to have him redo anything if there was a problem especially if you're a new guy. But hey, it's not my car.

21. EuroDino

EuroDino Formula Junior

Dec 5, 2004
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joseph Fischetti
    Do you even own a Ferrari ???

22. Modenafan

Modenafan F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 19, 2004
    Moorpark
    Full Name:
    Jon
    He sure does.

23. JSL

JSL Formula 3

Jan 5, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    J.S. Leonard
    Eugenio is the best! Try calling him. His phone is listed on his web site. Even if you have to wait, do it, it will be worth it! He is busy, many of us are clients and willing to wait.

24. SrfCity

SrfCity F1 World Champ

No, I just thought I'd make this up especially for guys like you :)

25. EuroDino

EuroDino Formula Junior

Dec 5, 2004
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Joseph Fischetti
    Shouldn't he answer ?