Weekend Trip To Cavallino, Palm Beach. Cost, 1 Million Dollars | FerrariChat

Weekend Trip To Cavallino, Palm Beach. Cost, 1 Million Dollars

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by AEHaas, Jan 22, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. AEHaas

AEHaas Formula 3

May 9, 2003
    Osprey, Florida
    Full Name:
    Ali E. Haas
    #1 AEHaas, Jan 22, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    It happened again. The first time was 8 or 9 years ago. My wife and I travel almost never but the cost is always out of proportion. To back up a little, we went to see her sister in LA. All I wanted to do was see the migrating whales and we did. It was great. Then I had to go along with everybody who wanted to go to Rodeo Drive. We ended up “window shopping” at the Lambo dealership. My wife wanted a Diablo (me too). When we got home we decided my 2 1/2 car garage was not big enough. We were just about to pay off the house (250k value). We could then afford a mortgage on the car. We just needed more space. A wine cellar would be nice too instead of those refrigerator things.

Anyway, to make a short story long, we built a bigger house. Now we had a 2,000 square foot garage and a small wine cellar. Cost - 1 million. That was 7 years ago. Two years ago we bought a Murcielago. We finally got the Lamborghini we built the house to garage.

About 4 years ago some friends invited us to a Ferrari event in Sarasota. I sat in a used 550 Maranello, drove it, bought it. I did not actually have any plan or even any thought to do that. It just happened. I later traded it in on a new 575 (my current ride).

Present day:
    Our neighbors asked us to join them to go to the King Tut exhibit in Ft. Lauderdale on Friday then the Cavallino event on Saturday. Sure we said. I am a history buff anyway. After we went through the Tut thing (really fantastic for me) we then decide to “window shop” the exotic car dealers. First stop - Shelton Ferrari. They had my favorite car, the yellow Enzo. Short ending - I’m buying it.

Once again, no plans to buy anything (let alone an Enzo I almost cannot afford) but it just happened. I bumped into the actual owner at Cavallino and we shook hands on the sale.

Also, I have to quit saying I am never buying another car. I said that about the Maranello, I am selling it to get the Enzo. I bought that Maybach and said I was never selling that but now they have an AMG, faster version so I have to trade up to that (next year). I just cannot trust myself any more.

I have to quit going on trips too. It is just not safe.

???Anybody else have this problem???

aehaas

Here is a picture of the garage, now at least there is room for an Enzo.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. judge4re

judge4re F1 World Champ

Apr 26, 2003
    Never home
    Full Name:
    Dr. Dumb Ass
    Ali, you are the man!

How's the Maybach treating you? If they keep falling in price, I may consider one in a few years...

3. PAP 348

PAP 348 Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 10, 2005
    Mount Isa, Australia
    Full Name:
    Pap
    MAN!!! I wish i had your problem! :) LOL

4. AEHaas

AEHaas Formula 3

May 9, 2003
    Osprey, Florida
    Full Name:
    Ali E. Haas
    We just took it over to the other coast, Palm Beach. I do not think there is a better car. 'Got a lot of people asking about it too. We get just as may looks as when driving the Ferrari.

aehaas

5. FiveLiterEater96

FiveLiterEater96 Formula 3

Nov 5, 2005
    Illinois
    Full Name:
    Andrew
  6. kiwi330

kiwi330 Rookie

Jan 10, 2006
    New Zealand
    sux to be you doesn't it! ;)

I did impulse buy a new house a few months ago. Have a mate who is in real estate and we where talking and he said he had a house I'd love. Went round to take a look, put in an offer and brought it. I wasn't even in the market for a new house!! :)

7. ProCoach

ProCoach F1 Veteran
    Owner

Sep 15, 2004
    VIR Raceway
    Full Name:
    Peter Krause
    Congrats, Ali! A lot of us have that "disease." <very big grin>

Never say "never."

8. Huskerbill

Huskerbill F1 Rookie

Sep 6, 2004
    Oconomowoc, WI
    Full Name:
    Bill
    I bought 2 suits tonight. I went to the store to get a new one and the wife had me try on a different one. She liked it. I bought it. It wasn't yellow though......

Does that count??

;-)

9. Napolis

Napolis Three Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary Owner

Oct 23, 2002
    Full Name:
    Jim Glickenhaus
    Congrats!

10. AEHaas

AEHaas Formula 3

May 9, 2003
    Osprey, Florida
    Full Name:
    Ali E. Haas
    For Christmas I bought myself a yellow alligator belt. At the Breakers Hotel yesterday I bought a blueish peacock belt. I am into the exotics. It never ends. I really do not need any more belts but the blue one said take me home. I hate it when they talk to me as that.

aehaas

11. Thatsmytoy

Thatsmytoy Karting

Nov 5, 2003
    San Diego, CA
    Full Name:
    Bill
    Nice photo....if you ever have a garage sale and want to sell your
    telescope, let me know.
    Bill

12. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    S/N 132663...!!!

I saw the owner as well; didn't think he'd make it, but I was happy to see him... It was mere minutes later when I heard someone else on a completely different lawn say, "...yellow Enzo just sold for a million dollars" and I wondered who bought it... I love that car as it's the first and third Enzo I've ever ridden in... Congratulations; sounds like the car is going to a great home...

13. PrancingHorseFan

PrancingHorseFan Formula Junior

Nov 15, 2004
    delaware
    congrats on the car and enjoy

14. ghost

ghost F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Singapore
    What an awesome story. Lovely to hear.

Congratulations!

It will be nice to have an Enzo owner on the board who is a frequent contributor.

Please continue to share the experiences: delivery, initial impressions, etc.

Lots of pics are a must!

15. ghost

ghost F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Singapore
    PS - do you always keep the M on a lift? Why so.

16. ryalex

ryalex Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    Awesome!

And if I'm reading Carbon's post right, that Enzo is also the only one I've ever ridden in.

Have to keep up with the neighbors, eh?!

17. AEHaas

AEHaas Formula 3

May 9, 2003
    Osprey, Florida
    Full Name:
    Ali E. Haas
    The Murcielago has around 5,000 miles now and is 2 years old. I am going to rotate it back into the lift area soon to change the coolant. The picture posted is 2 years ago when I bought the car.

The truck is usually in the lift area as we use it the least.

aehaas

18. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    Haha..That is just awesome. The Amex bill will be interesting :)

Congrats ! Its yellow over what ?

19. Art

Art Formula Junior

Mar 10, 2004
    Southern California
    Awesome, congrats on the soon to be purchase. It's also nice to see you really know your way around the cars and work on them yourself, etc...

20. GTE

GTE F1 World Champ

Jun 24, 2004
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Marnix
    well, that is one problem I can not afford. Congratulations though. A yellow Enzo! That's a tough one to beat.

Any chance of some pics, once delivered?

21. thecarreaper

thecarreaper F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 30, 2003
    Savannah
    what a great thread!!! its is so nice to see the good guys win, i am elated that true enthusiasts such as you and your wife are bringing an Enzo home! i would love to see a yellow one, perhaps you can come to a Roebling track event sometime, i live close to the track and can bring my mere " little" lambo ! :)

cant wait to see your pics of the yellow machines together!

22. nosaint

nosaint Rookie

Mar 16, 2004
    LONG ISLAND, N.Y.
    Full Name:
    TONY
    Now thats a wife with great attitude!!!!!! congratulations, i'll look for you in PB.

23. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    It's yellow with a black and yellow interior... Yellow "Enzo Ferrari" signature stitched into the headrests of the seats... A beautiful car...

24. Etcetera

Etcetera Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 7, 2003
    Full Name:
    C9H8O4
    Million dollar vacation that includes a free Enzo!

25. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Well, I'd say that if you already had the yellow alligator belt, the matching Enzo purchase was TOTALLY justified......LOL!

Now we just need one more yellow alligator, and my padner Rocky Carroll can make you the matching cowboy boots!

You keep an eye out, for that yellow 'gator! ;)

If that was the Enzo was at 2004 FFQC it is very beautiful, with the two color interior...well done!