Crystal Cove - Watch out!!! | FerrariChat

Crystal Cove - Watch out!!!

Discussion in 'California (Southern)' started by PatrickShim, Jan 28, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. PatrickShim

PatrickShim Formula 3

Jun 14, 2004
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Patrick Shim
    This is my first thread in a long time.

Well, as some of the F-Chatters saw this morning, I got another ticket on the way to Crystal Cove for making an illegal turn.

IF YOU ARE GOING TO CRYSTAL COVE, WATCH OUT FOR THOSE DOUBLE-YELLOW LINES ON PCH! I saw people making turns there ALL THE TIME, so I made a turn and got pulled by a NBPD, along with my friend and one other car. She (it was a lady cop) got on her microphone and said, "you, you, and you, pull over!" I never seen one cop pulling over three cars at once!

She said I was speeding on PCH (said I was doing 70+mph), but I know I wasn't going over the speed-limit (55mph), since I was really watching my speed this time. She didn't cite me for it.

So guys, watch out for those double yellow-lines!!!

Jay & Frank, if you have hi-res pics, please email me ([email protected]). Thanks!

2. bmwm3

bmwm3 Formula Junior

Jun 6, 2005
    Laguna Hills, OC!
    Welcome Back!

3. Senna1994

Senna1994 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2003
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Anthony T
    Welcome back, I thought that might be you. I saw her pulling over a Red and White Neon SRT as well.

4. matteo

matteo F1 World Champ

Aug 1, 2002
    On a plane somewhere
    Full Name:
    Heir Butt
    Like shooting fish in a barrel. Pat, sometimes you make it too easy

5. donoe

donoe Formula Junior

Oct 20, 2004
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    BHANE
    Ill post a reply anyways, nothing pertaining about the CC double line warning but... Wassup Pat!!! Glad to see you on here once again, welcome back! :D

-B-

6. darth550

darth550 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC

Patty, If you wanna be cool, get LAKER tickets! :)

7. Chiaro_Slag

Chiaro_Slag F1 Veteran

Oct 31, 2003
    CA
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    Welcome back Patrick & thanks for the heads up!

8. flamered03

flamered03 Rookie

Nov 29, 2005
    yeah that was me in the red srt with white stripes 2nd time there first time i went up to the light but when i saw you guys go i figured why not and went with you guys. and after leaving i was heading up mcarthur and this porsche was on my ass we were doing about 80 going up the hill heading towards the 73 we stop at a stop light and i see a motorcycle cop sitting there, well of course i get pulled over for speeding and the porsche goes on his merry way. needless to say not a good day.

9. gbrown37

gbrown37 Formula 3

Feb 15, 2005
    San Diego/UCSB
    Full Name:
    Garrett
    welcome back Patrick, nice to see you back here.

10. nocturne1

nocturne1 Formula 3

Sep 8, 2004
    Foothill Ranch, CA
    Full Name:
    Jay
    FYI, there's also been motorcycle cops with laser up towards the top of Newport Coast the last few weeks. Be careful!

11. frank4cars

frank4cars F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2004
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Frank F.
    Just dodged that one today. ;) Thank God for some heavy traffic.

12. TG

TG F1 Veteran

Oct 26, 2004
    Newport Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Taylor
    Yes, beware if it is the woman motorcycle cop with her hair usually in a braided ponytail. I have friends that are NBPD and they even say she follows the rulebook too closely.

13. charlie_ludden

charlie_ludden F1 Rookie

Nov 12, 2005
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Charles
    which car were u??

I saw that and was like wow, for a chick, she has some balls to do that?

14. matteo

matteo F1 World Champ

Aug 1, 2002
    On a plane somewhere
    Full Name:
    Heir Butt
    I'm sorry, telling someone to watch out for making an illegal u-turn over a double yellow or you're going to get a ticket equates to telling a single driver to not drive in the car pool lane

15. Peloton25

Peloton25 F1 Veteran

Jan 24, 2004
    California, USA
    Full Name:
    Erik
    Well given this comment:

"I saw people making turns there ALL THE TIME"

...it seems there may be quite a few others who aren't aware of the law or are choosing to ignore it at CC. I see no harm in a friendly reminder if they are beginning to enforce things a little tighter in that area - do you? Or is it just because Patrick is the one doing it? :confused:

I could see giving him grief if he came in here claiming the ticket was unjustified, but he's not... Cut the guy some slack for a change.

>8^)
    ER

16. matteo

matteo F1 World Champ

Aug 1, 2002
    On a plane somewhere
    Full Name:
    Heir Butt
    I would do the same regardless.

And I am sorry, aware of the law? It's a double yellow line. Any 16 year old knows not to cross one.

If EVERYONE jumped off a cliff, who he too?
    If EVERYONE shop lifted that day, would he too?

The "Everyone did it so I can too" mentally does not cut.

17. frank4cars

frank4cars F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2004
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Frank F.
    Don't waste your breath, Erik. That's what they do to Patrick.

18. matteo

matteo F1 World Champ

Aug 1, 2002
    On a plane somewhere
    Full Name:
    Heir Butt
    Frank,

Do you know me?

Didn't think so.

Mr. attention whore breaks the law, get's a ticket and then warns everyone to watch out when they break the law.

Whatever. Save YOUR breath

19. Peloton25

Peloton25 F1 Veteran

Jan 24, 2004
    California, USA
    Full Name:
    Erik
    I never said it did. He's not saying it makes what he did right either. He's simply reminding people not to do it so they don't get caught like he did. Again, no harm in that.

We all know exceeding the speed limit is wrong too, yet I'm sure most here do it quite often. If I know the police are cracking down on it in a particular area you can bet I'm going to tell my friends about it.

Honestly, you can't tell me those three cars pulled over on the curb were the first ones to ever make an illegal U-turn there and they just happened to all get caught. :rolleyes:

Anyway, are you trying to prove you are better or more mature than Patrick? Is that why you degrade him as often as possible? As an outsider looking in, I can tell you its having quite the opposite effect.

= = = = = =

Frank - Thanks for the advice. However, if more people were saying the same things, maybe it would stop.

I don't know why Beavis-incarnate feels the need to jump on Patrick's back at every chance he gets. I doubt Patrick has ever done anything to him besides try to be a friend. This is Junior High School crap and it really needs to stop. :(

>8^)
    ER

20. ^@#&

^@#& F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Feb 27, 2005
    -sigh- the memories...

21. matteo

matteo F1 World Champ

Aug 1, 2002
    On a plane somewhere
    Full Name:
    Heir Butt
    You fail to see the point. again.

Pat and I hashed our crap out along time ago. I have, and always will question his thought process when he CONSISTANLY breaks the law, (eg. running a red like on wilshire while looking at a ferrari in the window).

He has a history of reckless driving issues. Put yourself in the other drivers shoes when he sees some kid in a camero cross a double yellow line to line up for a car show and he cannot stop.

Get off your high horse and see though the "we all speed" crap.

A double yellow is a double yellow.

22. frank4cars

frank4cars F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2004
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Frank F.
    Trust me. We've all seen this happen ad nauseum. Patrick "sets himself up" by trying to be open and helpful, and they point how how naive and stupid he is. It will never stop.

And Matteo, never made a judgment about what you do to Pat, just said that Erik shouldn't waste his breath.

23. matteo

matteo F1 World Champ

Aug 1, 2002
    On a plane somewhere
    Full Name:
    Heir Butt
    OK. Sorry if I jumped down your throat.

24. Peloton25

Peloton25 F1 Veteran

Jan 24, 2004
    California, USA
    Full Name:
    Erik
    Nobody needs to "know you" to see what you are doing here is wrong.

You may be the greatest guy in person and all your friends may actually like you, but your online persona and the attitude conveyed by your posts certainly doesn't match up with that.

Go buy yourself a punching bag if you need something to beat up on to feel good about yourself.

There's nothing about mine or Patrick's posts that said the action of crossing the double yellow was legal, logical, or permissable. It seems you're the one missing points here.

>8^)
    ER

25. matteo

matteo F1 World Champ

Aug 1, 2002
    On a plane somewhere
    Full Name:
    Heir Butt
    You say this as if I care

That is my point. Telling someone to NOT cross a double yellow line equates to not driving alone in the car pool lane. It's something everyone knows and if they do it then they are stupid and deserve to get a ticket.

Pat's statements...

1. I saw people making turns there ALL THE TIME, so I made a turn and got pulled by a NBPD

2. She said I was speeding on PCH (said I was doing 70+mph), but I know I wasn't going over the speed-limit (55mph),

3. So guys, watch out for those double yellow-lines!!!"

To sum up...

1. They do it so I can do it to. Is he not aware of California traffic laws?
    2. Suprise here, not paying attention....again.
    3. This this is a suprise?