Photos from the maserati factory 2/7 | FerrariChat

Photos from the maserati factory 2/7

Discussion in 'Maserati' started by tx246, Feb 9, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Cavallini

Cavallini Formula 3

Nov 2, 2003
    You really made the rounds, didn't you? ;)

Do you have any idea what they were doing with the QPs? Testing for the executive and sport models perhaps?

2. ItaliaF1

ItaliaF1 F1 Veteran

Aug 28, 2005
    Nashville,TN
    Full Name:
    John Burrow
    LOOK AT ALL THE MC12s!

3. Pong

Pong Formula Junior

Nov 5, 2003
    Thailand
    Full Name:
    Pong
    The QP looks like a prototype of some sort... The rear door doesn't have shut line!!!!

4. tx246

tx246 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 4, 2003
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Shawn
    this wa sthe prototype for the new maserati coupe. when maserati was shifted over to fiat, it was determined that the car was too ferrari (read - too expensive) for the new maserati. it then became the new potential "dino", or a lower priced entry level ferrari. this plan has since been scrapped to. who knows what it will become or if it will just dissapear. it is nice seeing a testing prototype up close.

5. Eau_Rouge

Eau_Rouge Karting

Feb 9, 2006
    Benelux / France
    According to a test pilot, Maserati had already abandonned the new M139 fixed head coupe last year. Karl-Heinz Kalbfell mentioned that the CC is still in development and will be launched this year. Most probably at the Paris Mondiale.

Only the Gran Sport Spyder and a limited edition of 400 Spyders will be built from March - the current 4200 Coupe will cease production soon.

On my visit to the Maserati factory last April I unfortunately did not see any prototypes. The condition of the factory was depressing. Workers with screwdrivers trying to pry off badly fitting chrome window surrounds and scratching the paint in the process... parts left outside under an open shelter... a high degree of engines having to be returned to Ferrari for quality problems... and what appeared to be more chit-chat than work.

Currently, Maserati produce 18 Quattroportes and 14 4200s per working day. They will need to double this for the 2010 target: it doesn't sound much, 32 extra cars a day, but believe me this is a huge obstacle for Maserati to overcome.

6. tx246

tx246 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 4, 2003
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Shawn
    the new production numbers- 20 qp's and 10 spycer/coupes per day. the only spyders we saw, and the percentage of spyders was higher than coupes, were grand sport spyders.

7. RAM_anderson

RAM_anderson Karting

Jun 17, 2004
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Ronald
    where did you made that first picture. Amazing photo. Do you got it in high resolution, please send it to me [email protected]

8. Clubsport78

Clubsport78 Formula 3

Sep 7, 2005
    D-Nbg
    Full Name:
    Marco A.
    Hi res pics please!!!!! [email protected] , especially the pic with all those MC12s, and any pic you took that has those wonderful supercars!!!!!!

Thanks a lot in advance!!!

Any chance you took the VIN number of any of those MC12s?

9. tx246

tx246 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 4, 2003
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Shawn
    i have numerous photos of the mc12 garage in high res. i will try to send out any request in the next couple of days, my it person is transferring them to disk so i can erase the memory cards. pm me if you want copies with your email address and i will do my best.

all of these cars are sold (according to the tour guide) and undelivered. they are covered in dust and leaves (and cat prints). i don't have s/n's as they weren't visable. i tried my best to see what they were, but i could find any way of telling what they were. the door jamb of the car that was opened, didn't say. the others had no external acknowledgement of the sn.

10. RAM_anderson

RAM_anderson Karting

Jun 17, 2004
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Ronald
    i would like to get those high images of those great cars. Here's my email [email protected]

11. rush109

rush109 F1 Veteran

May 26, 2005
    Montreal, Quebec
    Full Name:
    Joshua McRae
    seriously, i thought that they had all been delivered already?