Ferrari F1 Go Kart? | FerrariChat

Ferrari F1 Go Kart?

Discussion in 'Collectables, Literature, & Models' started by FerrariFrank1, Mar 22, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Does anybody know if/where there are any Ferrari F1 Gas Engined Go Karts available ?

I saw one in a magazine years ago. It was a Ferrari F1 car with a 4 HP gasoline engine. And was about 7 feet long. I could have sworn that it was in the 'Speedgear' catalog. But, they say, "No. All that they ever had were the Electric battery operated ones like what they currently sell".

Thanks for any help.

2. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    #2 tifosi12, Mar 23, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  3. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Thanks for that, guys. I really appreciate it! Yeah, that Electric Go Kart is great looking. They have ones like it in the Speedgear Catalog. But, it is too small. He's already had an electric Stock car similar to that since he was 4. And has had a blast with it.

Andreas, that is what I'm looking for! Thanks alot! Yes, he will really like one of those for sure.

4. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    My pleasure. You know NOW is the time to calibrate those neuron endings. Get him into a gokart NOW. He is already too old to make it to F1, but he can still become a decent Ferrari Challenge driver. :)

Remember when we went to that Vette show and there was a booth with arrive-and-drive go karts? That's what I would do. Get a standard kart, put Frankie in it and let him rip. Doesn't matter if the others drive circles around him. It is all about the neurons.

5. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Yeah, we want to get one of those racing Go Karts, too. This one would be just for fun. And, I see that you can get an 8 HP Motor in it. Cool!

And, after looking closer. This kart is the same exact one as the ones at Graham Mini Cars. Except Grahams are $300.00 less. (Yeah, I'll get my own Ferrari Stickers for it....;) )

No, I don't think that too many kids would drive circles around him. If you saw how he drove his other little Go Kart that he's had since he was 4, you'd see. The kids a natural. Really. he was sliding that car around corners in a few weeks (at age 4). Same with his first Dirt Bike that he got when he was 5. Or, you should see him go at the Go Kart track by our house. Plus, they put the kids in "equal ability" classes to start with. So they all start out at a pretty even level.

I believe that I heard Scott Speed say that he didn't start driving anything until he was 13 years old. And, he's sitting in an F1 Car now, maybe 10-15 years later....So, you Never Know.....:)

6. ItaliaF1

ItaliaF1 F1 Veteran

Aug 28, 2005
    Nashville,TN
    Full Name:
    John Burrow
    It seems like I have heard of this before.

7. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    "Ferrari" Go Karts?

8. vince308

vince308 Formula 3

May 23, 2003
    belgium
    Full Name:
    vincent
    #9 vince308, Apr 1, 2006
  9. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Are the folks in Belgium all left handed? :)

Looks cool.

10. vince308

vince308 Formula 3

May 23, 2003
    belgium
    Full Name:
    vincent
    #11 vince308, Apr 1, 2006
  11. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    They look awesome. I wonder whether they're just for kids or adults too?

As a learning tool they're not ideal since you get spoiled by using the shifter. But simply for a competitive race they're awesome. I would plaster my Ferrari with Marlboro stickers. :)

12. Der Meister

Der Meister Formula Junior

Aug 16, 2005
    Glendora/Prescott
    Full Name:
    Alan
    My thoughts exactly...

13. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Vincent. VERY COOL! Hey, I will definitely have to look into that one. I'm sure that I can easily move the shifter over to the "Right".... ;) side.

If I buy one from there, do you think they'd mind tossing in a few boxes of Belgium chocolates and a couple of cases of Bier?.....( I was thinking of some "Delerium Tremens" Pink Elephant Ale, perhaps....:) Good Stuff!!!! )

Anyway. You guys looking for a Street version of one of those little Go-Karts? How about a big one....In one or two seat versions....?

Check it out!...www.IndyStreetCar.com They say that it's Street legal. Just get it in Red. Slap a bunch of Ferrari stickers on it, and away you go!

14. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    I was thinking about the gear shift and it really isn't a big deal. I have raced cars with the shifter on the left and it takes 5 minutes to get used to it. No need to change really. Also go karts are all about direct steering and you need a lot of muscle power to turn that wheel. That might be the reason they moved the shifter to the left so the strong right arm can still turn the wheel.

I have thougth hard about the Indy Street car racer in the past. I still think that is a great option to go racing. Not really for kids, but adults. The only issue I see (apart from getting caught in the rain while driving to the track) are the tires. With such a machine you probably don't want to run street tires on the track, but rather slicks. But that's a mere logistics issue.

15. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Yeah, I'd be too afraid of getting run over by some Soccer Mom in a Ford Excursion, chatting on the Phone, putting on Make-Up, Eating, Yelling at the kids in the back "Family Room" of the Vehicle....Hey, how the hell is she supposed to see somebody in a car like that with all that other stuff going on????....:(

16. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    You're not getting run over in the Indy Racing car. Neither by a soccer mom nor by some Ferrari dude. You leave them in the dust. Problem is, the thing attracts speed guns even when parked.

PS: I love this country for allowing such a car on the street. European cops would have a heart attack. Then arrest or shoot you.

17. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    I have three left over from my Child Advocates program.......3.5 Briggs engines.....see the "Zupra to new Orleans" thread for pics....all have Ferrari livery, number 27 or 28.

Just tuned one of them up......make offer.

18. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Do you know why they put the shifter on the left side?

19. BT

BT F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 21, 2005
    FL / GA
    Full Name:
    Bill Tracy
    Is it available in the US (the three speed mini F1)? I would go for a few of those and have an IROC style race aday with some of the local Fchatters.
    Looks like fun.
    :)
    BT

20. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    I don't think thats a "shifter" per se. Just a simple Gear selector. I think that these are centrifugal clutch operated. Not a mechanical one. My son had an Electric Car that had a gear selector- 2 Forward, at 2 different speeds. And a Reverse.

21. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Aha, gotcha.

Still puzzling to me that they would put this gear selector on the left side. I mean it doesn't seem to matter what side it is on, so given a choice I would always try to replicate the original, which has the shifter on the right. I guess I'm taking this too seriously.

Edit: The original has no shifter on the side, but pedals on the steering wheel column. But before that F1 cars had their shifters on the right. Anyway.

22. FlyingElvis

FlyingElvis Rookie

Nov 21, 2018
    Full Name:
    David Ray Siddons
  23. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Looks good. Add some real decals and take it for a run.