Insane video | FerrariChat

Insane video

Discussion in 'Northwest' started by BritBlaster, Mar 24, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. BritBlaster

BritBlaster F1 Rookie

Jul 25, 2005
    Bellevue, WA
    Full Name:
    Paul
  2. MordaloMVD

MordaloMVD F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 7, 2005
    WA
    Full Name:
    Michael von Ditter
    Well, judging by the speed of the cars around him and counting the spacing of the white lines going by, It seems to me that our “bad boy driver” never actually goes much faster than 60mph. The other thing that is odd to me is the simple fact that we seem to hit every major tourist attraction in Paris in this video. Also, all traffic seems to stay out of his way, including any cross traffic. Strange. Just a thought. :)

3. $$$=SPEED

$$$=SPEED F1 Veteran

Aug 18, 2004
    Portland, Or. USA
    Full Name:
    Depends who's asking
    UNBELIEVABLE!!!!!!

4. Lemke

Lemke F1 Rookie

Oct 27, 2004
    Vancouver, WA
    Full Name:
    Daniel
    Well the was movie was taken in the early morning so there wouldnt be a lot of traffic.

5. MrScarface

MrScarface Formula 3
    BANNED

Aug 8, 2005
    Austin
    Full Name:
    Adam
    Fake. There's a saying in film making. Audio is 70% of what you see. Prime example is this video. Take away the reving engine, cheesy fake tire squeeling sound effects and this video is a sleeper. It's just crafty post production audio/video work to give the illusion the car is going fast, that the car engine is reving and the tires are squeeling.

Watch it with the audio off. It's plain boring and the car does not appear to be going much faster than the cars on the street. Also no proof it's a Ferrari of any type. What's makes you think it's a Ferrari? Cause someone one the internet said so? That could be a Geo Metro for all you know.

Fake. Sorry.

6. Ace503

Ace503 Formula 3

Feb 22, 2006
    Full Name:
    Korben Dallas
    Off of a more official website hosting the video.

"On an August morning in 1978, French filmmaker Claude Lelouch mounted a gyro-stabilized camera to the bumper of a Ferrari 275 GTB and had a friend, a professional Formula 1 racer, drive at breakneck speed through the heart of Paris. The film was limited for technical reasons to 10 minutes; the course was from Porte Dauphine, through the Louvre, to the Basilica of Sacre Coeur.

No streets were closed, for Lelouch was unable to obtain a permit.

The driver completed the course in about 9 minutes, reaching nearly 140 MPH in some stretches. The footage reveals him running real red lights, nearly hitting real pedestrians, and driving the wrong way up real one-way streets.

Upon showing the film in public for the first time, Lelouch was arrested. He has never revealed the identity of the driver, and the film went underground until a DVD release a few years ago."

7. ryalex

ryalex Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    And if you look around, there's reports here (supposedly from Lelouch's memoir) that it was really made with his Mercedes. The audio is all dubbed in afterwards and the screeching sound is the same two effects over and over.

Now, if you want a REAL crazy set of videos, look up the Getaway in Stockholm series and Ghostrider motorcycle videos (Netherlands IIRC). Those guys are nuts.

8. DrSpalding

DrSpalding Karting

May 16, 2004
    Redmond, WA
    Full Name:
    Dan Spalding
    Pascal's ride around the Periphique of Paris on a motorcycle is also notable. Absolutely frightening, and he evidently died on another ride like that trying to break his record. I'll see if I can dig up my copy 'cause I don't find it online anywhere with a Google search.

9. BritBlaster

BritBlaster F1 Rookie

Jul 25, 2005
    Bellevue, WA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Maybe this one ?
    http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=3190466878659803471&q=paris+ring+road&pl=true

Man, the peripherique is scary enough at legal speeds... let alone on a bike, disecting traffic at crazy speeds... clearly this guy has a death-wish...

10. DrSpalding

DrSpalding Karting

May 16, 2004
    Redmond, WA
    Full Name:
    Dan Spalding
    I do believe that is part of it. I am not certain, but I think I have the whole ride, but I am not sure. I'll go look in a bit. 11.1 minutes around Paris? Wholly living F***!

Does anyone here speak German and French to translate the commentary?

11. bhdn

bhdn Karting

Dec 11, 2005
    Poland
    He is alive :)

Sorry for digging up :)