Experience with Ferrari of Atlanta? | FerrariChat

Experience with Ferrari of Atlanta?

Discussion in 'South Central - USA (TN, MS, AL, GA)' started by GeorgeRiley, Dec 4, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. GeorgeRiley

GeorgeRiley Rookie

Jan 17, 2009
    Hi All,
    Does anyone have any experience dealing with used purchase at Ferrari of Atlanta?
    Is there a particular salesman who is better than others? What about price negotiations?
    Do they hold firm on asking prices or not?
    Thanks in advance for your replies.

George

2. atlshaver

atlshaver Formula Junior

Feb 21, 2004
    Atlanta, GA
    Talk with Craig Forbes - I have known him for nearly 20 years and he is very knowledgeable and easy to deal with. In this economy you can negotiate.

3. Back Marker

Back Marker Formula Junior

Aug 26, 2006
    South
    Full Name:
    Tom
    Steven Eckhoff has been there since they were located in Tucker. He is my favorite, but all are top-notch.

I would assume it's harder to negotiate on a consigned car since they will have to contact the owner if an offer is lower than the consigner's lowest price. Store owned cars are probably easier to negotiate.

4. robert biscan

robert biscan F1 Veteran

Jan 17, 2003
    Nashville and Palm b
    Full Name:
    robert s biscan
    The days of firm prices on anything are over. Of course they want to sell cars. I have used Steven as well. If I was buying a Ferrari used I would try to buy it from the dealer. If in the future you want to buy a new car at least they may know you. I don't mind leaving a little money on the table to have a car that they have know and serviced. I have found them to be honest. Until the economy recovers prices will stay soft.

5. GeorgeRiley

GeorgeRiley Rookie

Jan 17, 2009
    Guys, thank for the good info; I agree that it's worth a premium to work with an
    authorized dealer and good salesman. I'm planning on heading to FOA during
    my winter break here in December and get to know the salespersons (Craig and
    Stephen), explain my desires, budget, etc.

Thanks again.
    George

6. GGamble

GGamble Karting

Jul 1, 2007
    Pensacola FL
    Full Name:
    George Gamble
    Both Steve and Craig are top notch. FoA is the best dealership I have experienced. Service department is great, sales is great I never have to worry if I am being taken.

7. rse1851

rse1851 Rookie

Jul 2, 2008
    Rome GA
    Full Name:
    Steven Eckhoff
    George,

I have been here all the 15 years FoA has been in existance. I will be happen to help you in any way possible. There are many people on FC that have been doing business with me for years.

Regarding your question about asking prices. Asking prices are asking prices. We are always willing to listen to reasonable offers.

Please call me at your convenience and let me know what you are looking for.

Sincerely,

Steven Eckhoff
    Ferrari of Atlanta
    678-802-5000

8. robert biscan

robert biscan F1 Veteran

Jan 17, 2003
    Nashville and Palm b
    Full Name:
    robert s biscan
    Steven you were born in 1951 not 1851 even though it feels like that sometime.

9. madmaxatl

madmaxatl Formula Junior

Mar 22, 2007
    Buckhead, Palo Alto
    Full Name:
    Don Johnson
    I have had only one experience with FoA. It was about 6 years ago I went in there with my father to look at a 360. He tries to keep a relatively low profile, he dresses in shorts and t-shirt and drives a 1998 diesel suburban. He went in there after driving a friends 360, he decided he wanted one as a sort of every now and then toy. The salesman was remarkably rude and dismissive. We just walked out laughing. Oh yeah, about eight months after that he closed on his high seven figure house in Montana. When you assume you make an ass out of..... yourself

10. ziffen

ziffen Rookie

Oct 14, 2004
    Warner Robins, GA
    Full Name:
    Chris
    My experience was completely opposite of yours. My wife and I stopped there about two years ago with no thoughts of purchasing anything (not in my budget, yet.) I walked in, talked to a couple of salesmen, told them I was just "dreaming." They treated me like I came in with a million dollar budget. If and when I can afford one, I will go there.

By the way, I was wearing shorts, t-shirt, flip-flops and drove up in my S2000. They treated me like gold from the time I walked in the door.

11. kaamacat

kaamacat Formula 3

Jun 13, 2004
    Cumming GA
    Full Name:
    BobR
    I picked up a 360 just about 1yr ago, and even though I do not own it anymore........I had dealt with Dan Burris as my main salesperson.

Dan took whatever time was needed, never felt rushed, zero pressure. In-a-heartbeat if you wanna hit FOA please look Dan up.

12. henryr

henryr Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 10, 2003
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Juan Sánchez Villa-L
    they suck. went in wearing camo shorts, a wife beater, flip flops and my vacheron constantin. they refused to even consider my 1990 biodeisel trabant in on trade for a 599 -even up.

13. CavalloRosso

CavalloRosso Formula 3

Jul 12, 2007
    Atlanta, GA/Vail, CO
    Full Name:
    SVO
    Hahaha. That's funny. did you throw in the watch too?

14. rse1851

rse1851 Rookie

Jul 2, 2008
    Rome GA
    Full Name:
    Steven Eckhoff
    Bob,

I want to thank you for reminding me just how old we are since we are only a few days apart. Don't you remember the Civil War?

Steven

15. monte patterson

monte patterson Karting

Feb 26, 2009
    maitland florida
    Full Name:
    LAMBOGUY
    Being a dealer myself in exotic cars in Florida, I can personally attest to the honesty and integrity of Ferrari of Atlanta. I have dealt with Steven for over a decade and he and his staff have never been less than courteous to me and my staff. I have customers with homes in Atlanta and FOA has always been as kind to them as if they were their own clients. You may pay a little more for a car from them but, you will have no surprizes in the wallet afterwards. Their word is their bond and if they tell you something, you can bet it is the truth.

16. 308GTS

308GTS Formula 3

Dec 27, 2001
    TN
    I have only been to FOA once so I take what I saying with that knowledge. The one time my family and I went there they were very rude and pretty much ignored us. I don't even think anyone of us received a "Hello" etc. I had never been to a Fcar dealer before and I heard all of the great things from many on this forum regarding FOA and I was very disappointed. Anyway just thought I would share.

17. robert biscan

robert biscan F1 Veteran

Jan 17, 2003
    Nashville and Palm b
    Full Name:
    robert s biscan
    I think you must of caught them on an off day. I don't think that is the way they are. I have been to Ft. Lauderdale and on several occasions the dealer was just great to me but one time it was the opposite. I was ignored. I think it just depends on how busy they are when you show up. Nobody bats 1000.

18. 308GTS

308GTS Formula 3

Dec 27, 2001
    TN
    Very true Bob. Probably was an off day for them. I haven't seen you in a while I hope all is well. I was going through my photo album the other day and saw a pic of you and I from the event in Chattanooga years back. If you go to the dealership in the near future let me know and maybe we can meet up.

19. gcmerak

gcmerak Formula 3

Mar 17, 2008
    Engine Bay, Georgia
    Full Name:
    George C.
    Wait a minute now, I resemble that remark!

Ciao,
    George

20. LMPDesigner

LMPDesigner F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 5, 2003
    Atlanta Georgia
    Bought 2 cars from Steven. No issues.

They have always gone out of the way to be helpful.

Steve calls just to say hello and see how I am doing-no trying to sell me something I don't want.

Steve also calls when he thinks he has something I do want. (he knows my tastes!!)

So i get treated very well by them.

I will be buying another car from them (When I have the $$$)

21. parkerfe

parkerfe F1 World Champ

Sep 4, 2001
    Cumming, Georgia
    Full Name:
    Franklin E. Parker
    I too have had great experiences with FoA; mostly in service and parts. I did buy my first Ferrari, a 328GTS, from FAF though...that was back when Fred Repass and Steve Alhgrim worked as salesmen there...man I'm old.

22. notbostrom

notbostrom Formula Junior

May 8, 2006
    Orlando, FL
    Full Name:
    Ben
    Even as a current Ferrari owner I can't say I've been treated well. It was rude enough that I wouldn't consider them for a purchase or service. Just my opinion YMMV

23. Lanikai

Lanikai Formula Junior

Dec 18, 2003
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    Will Campbell
    Ben, although I hate reading a post like this one, I appreciate your honesty and the information. If there is anything I can do, please let me know. Best, Will

24. notbostrom

notbostrom Formula Junior

May 8, 2006
    Orlando, FL
    Full Name:
    Ben
    Will,

If FoA ever got another chance from me it would be because of you. Well handled reply and I respect that.

25. branko

branko F1 Rookie
    Owner

Mar 17, 2003
    Birmingham, Alabama
    Full Name:
    Branko Medenica
    George,
    You have a PM.