Go Back   FerrariChat.com > Regional Areas - USA East > South Central - USA (TN, MS, AL, GA)

Share/Bookmark LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-03-2012, 10:51 AM
F1 World Champ
Consultant

Full Name: IgnoranteWest
I had a good experience there, as part of a pre-arranged tour with other fchatters. As if they would give a bad experience in that scenario.

The reason I'm bothering commenting on the thread is that I'm surprised at the store comments. When I was there a year ago the store had more genuinely interesting stuff than the showroom... I remember a handful of F1 tires, an F1 front wing, an F1 wheel, a display engine on a stand, and the coolest scale model of the Ferrari powered Arno XI hydroplane boat.
Non-Sponsor Ads
Old 05-03-2012, 10:53 AM
Karting
Silver Subscribed

Yes....

Quote:
Originally Posted by 360stimo View Post
May have seen it. If you are next to the Ferrari store and looking in through the window, is it on that level to the right?
Correct
Old 05-03-2012, 10:53 AM
F1 World Champ
Consultant

Full Name: IgnoranteWest
Now that i think about it, did I see a thread about one of Bob's rental condos that had that Arno XI model in it as part of the decor? LOL just put two and two together on that one.
Old 05-03-2012, 11:46 AM
Formula 3
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Tommy Cosgrove View Post
easy

show them your insurance card like I have done there about a half dozen times
I don't know what an insurance card is and i certainly don't take my insurance documents with me on holiday.
Non-Sponsor Ads
Old 05-03-2012, 01:45 PM
F1 World Champ
Rossa Subscribed

Full Name: Tommy
My Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 360stimo View Post
I don't know what an insurance card is and i certainly don't take my insurance documents with me on holiday.
An insurance card is a card that has your car insurance information on it. Most states (all?) require that you must have proof if liability coverage in your car at all times. When I pay my premium, I get two little cards showing my coverage. One I keep in my glove box in the car, the other maybe in my desk drawer or wallet, just depends.

So having an insurance card in our wallet is not as big a deal as "taking insurance documents with me on holiday" makes it sound
Old 05-03-2012, 04:31 PM
F1 Rookie
Silver Subscribed

Full Name: Stephane
Quote:
An insurance card is a card that has your car insurance information on it. Most states (all?) require that you must have proof if liability coverage in your car at all times. When I pay my premium, I get two little cards showing my coverage. One I keep in my glove box in the car, the other maybe in my desk drawer or wallet, just depends.

So having an insurance card in our wallet is not as big a deal as "taking insurance documents with me on holiday" makes it sound
+1 on the insurance card.
Old 05-03-2012, 05:43 PM
Karting
Not Subscribed

Well, this is a fascinating thread. For one, Tom is a buddy and I cant believe I missed him in Vegas, because Ang and I were there just two weeks ago!

Anyway, we thought the Wynn was great and Penske was as well. We stayed at Caesars and had a blast; the Wynn is pricier.

But all we did was show the FCA card, and I also had my nappy paper insurance card on the 355 Spider. They were great, asked us if we wanted to see anything, let us have the run of the place.

We are FOA fans, but I could see where Wynn may actually be less how do I put this "serious about its product"; hence, more mellow.

Jeff
Old 05-03-2012, 09:34 PM
F1 Rookie
Silver Subscribed

Full Name: Tom Spiro
Quote:
Originally Posted by 308inatl View Post
Well, this is a fascinating thread. For one, Tom is a buddy and I cant believe I missed him in Vegas, because Ang and I were there just two weeks ago!

Anyway, we thought the Wynn was great and Penske was as well. We stayed at Caesars and had a blast; the Wynn is pricier.

But all we did was show the FCA card, and I also had my nappy paper insurance card on the 355 Spider. They were great, asked us if we wanted to see anything, let us have the run of the place.

We are FOA fans, but I could see where Wynn may actually be less how do I put this "serious about its product"; hence, more mellow.

Jeff
Hey it would have been great to see you guys out there... I just did not like the Wynn.. seemd a bit over the top to me... I like Caesars... were were in Octavius tower... brand new room... marble everwhere... the spa at Caesars is FANTASTIC... most relaxing experience!!!!!

as for the thread... did not mean to impune Penske or anything, but I guess the expectation i had was they would have really cool cars there, and the Ferrari store would have all the cool stuff normal dealers dont have.....but reality was just not so...
Old 05-04-2012, 07:38 AM
F1 World Champ
Rossa Subscribed

Full Name: Tommy
My Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by spirot View Post
I just did not like the Wynn.. seemd a bit over the top to me...
Tom!!

THAT'S THE POINT OF VEGAS STRIP HOTELS!!!
Old 05-04-2012, 11:18 AM
Formula 3
Banned User

Quote:

Brilliant, so we know how Americans can prove they own a Ferrari. Now how about Ferrari owners from outside of the US visiting? how do they prove they own a Ferrari?
Old 05-04-2012, 02:50 PM
F1 Rookie
Silver Subscribed

Quote:
Tom!!

THAT'S THE POINT OF VEGAS STRIP HOTELS!!!
I was trying to be nice... I thought it was tacky and cheap whore house looking.... Kind of like Emily Slattery's in Gone with the Wind...
Old 05-05-2012, 09:25 AM
Karting
Not Subscribed

If Vegas was everything it is cracked up to be, no one would ever leave!

If any of us on this forum want to visit a Ferrari dealership, we can!

Anyway, all I did to get in, without paying was: say I was an owner (actually, my wife did), and pull out my FCA card. It was not like going through customs in the BVI!

Hence, I will go back to Penske; I will not go back to the BVI.
Non-Sponsor Ads
Old 05-05-2012, 09:45 AM
F1 Veteran
Silver Subscribed

Full Name: MJA
They seemed nice to me. I understand the 10 bucks

She asked me what car I own. I told her my cars and dealer and she said welcome. Didn't ask me for anything else.
Old 05-05-2012, 10:52 AM
Four Time F1 World Champ
Not Subscribed

Quote:
I was trying to be nice... I thought it was tacky and cheap whore house looking.... Kind of like Emily Slattery's in Gone with the Wind...

That's what Vegas is about!

Actually, you should have gone to the Cosmopolitan. It's the last hotel built in the city and it's cool, contemporary, and the wave of the future. The front desk area is fantastic.

And the pool there has the hottest chicks sunbathing I have ever seen. My dream job would be the bartender there... !
Old 05-05-2012, 11:50 AM
F1 Rookie
Non Subscribed

Quote:
I felt the same way about Atlanta.
Old 05-05-2012, 06:12 PM
Formula Junior
Silver Subscribed

Full Name: Pouya V
But the best customer service, hands down, goes to The Collection in Miami... absolutely phenomenal guys there. I'm only 20 years old and they even knew I wasn't ready for an F-Car or anything of that sort, but they still opened the doors to many Astons, Ferrari's, Porsche's, pretty much everything that was available there.
Been to FOA numerous times and none of the guys there have even approached me.

It's all about customer service. When I am ready for an exotic in the near future, then The Collection can definitely have my money.

The gentleman who was super kind to me was George Jaile and I still have his business card in my wallet still.
Old 05-05-2012, 08:31 PM
F1 Rookie
Silver Subscribed

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingfeather View Post
I felt the same way about Atlanta.
in atlanta it would be a crack whore....
Old 05-05-2012, 08:34 PM
F1 Rookie
Silver Subscribed

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMayor View Post
That's what Vegas is about!

Actually, you should have gone to the Cosmopolitan. It's the last hotel built in the city and it's cool, contemporary, and the wave of the future. The front desk area is fantastic.

And the pool there has the hottest chicks sunbathing I have ever seen. My dream job would be the bartender there... !
Been there ... done that... was not impressed. much ado about nothing. the chandliere bar etc... Caesars still the best to me.
Old 05-06-2012, 09:03 AM
F1 World Champ
Rossa Subscribed

Full Name: PDG
My Garage
I have visited a few dealers, although not Penske. Noone has ever bothered me about wandering around the showroom and once I let any of them know I was an owner I got full tours of everything. The last one I visited was FOA and Lanikai showed me around personally. I cant say anything bad about any of them!!! I hope to come back up there and visit again in the very near future.

PDG
Old 05-08-2012, 10:36 AM
Formula 3
Not Subscribed

Full Name: Douglas Crall
I have had good luck at Wynn Ferrari

I went to Wynn about 5 years ago, they told me there was a $10 admission to non Ferrari or FCA members. I told the lady I had just bought my 85 308, and we were just curious to see their place. She was very polite, gave my wife and I access and their reps were also very polite. I went this past April, walked up to the lady at the entrance, she said $10 each, I asked if it was open to owners, I showed her my home made Ferrari logo key ring and she gave us admittance, no questions.

Granted, this year there was nothing exciting down stairs or in the shop.....unless you like NASCARS, and there was 2 or 3 of those.

It was probably a good thing there were no 308/328's there If there had been a better 308 or 328 on the floor than mine, I would have bought it.
Non-Sponsor Ads