What upholstery/interior shop does Atlanta like? | FerrariChat

What upholstery/interior shop does Atlanta like?

Discussion in 'South Central - USA (TN, MS, AL, GA)' started by dogdoc97, Feb 14, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. dogdoc97

dogdoc97 Formula Junior

Aug 2, 2011
    Atlanta, GA
    My buddy just bought an old italian chariot; needs interior and PAINT, any shops you all like? The paint can wait he says but the interior is really old...thnx, Doc

PS The only paint shop I hear about is Magnum, are they still good?

2. Jason Crandall

Jason Crandall F1 Veteran

Mar 25, 2004
    ATL/CHS/MIA
    Full Name:
    Jason
    Magnum is great. They've done a fair amount of work for me over the years.

3. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    I had my seats re-covered and the interior re-dyed to match several years ago at Marietta Auto Trim, and I'm continually getting compliments for the condition of the interior.

4. parkerfe

parkerfe F1 World Champ

Sep 4, 2001
    Cumming, Georgia
    Full Name:
    Franklin E. Parker
    I like John Dutton at The Mad Stitcher in Chamblee.

5. Mike Shine

Mike Shine Rookie

Dec 1, 2010
    Buford, GA
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Adams Classic & Collector Cars in Buford. We do upholstery as well.

As for paint, I highly recommend Classic Livery of Atlanta/Wagenworks in Roswell. I have seen some pretty poor quality paint work from Magnum and known a lot of people who have had issues with them.

6. dogdoc97

dogdoc97 Formula Junior

Aug 2, 2011
    Atlanta, GA
    Thanks for the reply, Doc

7. bcwawright

bcwawright F1 Veteran

Jul 8, 2006
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Bruce
    Mad Stitcher does fantastic work...I believe FOA has used them many many years.

8. Lanikai

Lanikai Formula Junior

Dec 18, 2003
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    Will Campbell
    No bodyshop is perfect and the folks at Magnum would be the first to tell you so. However, the benchmark qualification for any shop is the depth of their expertise, their ability to meet completion dates and their willingness to accept their failures and fix them. Magnum gets A ratings on all points. If I had only repaired a handful of cars there I would be less inclined to stand up for them, but we have repaired a huge number of Ferraris and Maseratis with them. Good people and very professional. Oh, and they are certified to do aluminum.

9. 4re308

4re308 F1 Rookie

Jun 13, 2001
    Woodstock, GA
    Full Name:
    Mitch D
    Tim DiPasquale did my seat recover in my 308 QV and did a breathtaking job that still looks perfect. We used Tim for many, many exotic car interiors. His # is 770-318-3017

10. Drew Altemara

Drew Altemara Formula 3

Feb 11, 2002
    Tuscaloosa, AL
    Full Name:
    Drew Altemara
    Is magnum a body shop or interior leather shop or both?

I have a Boxer that needs the interior and center counsel done (dash pull) and I was was thinking of pulling it out this spring and bringing it to someone in Atlanta. Who do you guys think would be the best?

Thanks,

Drew

Drew

11. 4re308

4re308 F1 Rookie

Jun 13, 2001
    Woodstock, GA
    Full Name:
    Mitch D
    Hi Drew, I don't know if Magnum does interiors or not, but they do great paint & body work. Mike McC is awesome. With regards to your interior question, I would refer you to my most previous post about Tim DiPasquale, he is awesome as well. REALLY nice guy too.

12. Drew Altemara

Drew Altemara Formula 3

Feb 11, 2002
    Tuscaloosa, AL
    Full Name:
    Drew Altemara
    Thanks Mitch,

Will be sure to speak with him. An important aspect to me is to find someone who can sew the corners correctly so that the stitching looks original.

Regards,

Drew

13. UB2SLOW

UB2SLOW Georgia

May 23, 2009
    Suwanee, GA
    Adams Classic & Collector Cars
    Exotic and Classic Cars Upholstery
    Buford, GA
    770-932-8252

14. Dr Tommy Cosgrove

Dr Tommy Cosgrove Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 4, 2001
    Birmingham, AL
    Full Name:
    Tommy
    Who are the folks in the old faf building now?

15. dogdoc97

dogdoc97 Formula Junior

Aug 2, 2011
    Atlanta, GA
    I was just there; Terry, the older Ferrari mechanic is still around. They do service and storage of classic cars. I did not find out if they do interior or paint work,it's only a few miles from my house. Doc

16. gcmerak

gcmerak Formula 3

Mar 17, 2008
    Engine Bay, Georgia
    Full Name:
    George C.
    The FAF building is now Old World Motorcars and Terry Girone is the gentleman in charge. AFAIK they do mechanical work and possibly storage. Terry was partners with George Tyrones at Deutschland Automotive in Tucker for years. The luntatic who killed George ended that whole arangement. Very sad indeed!!!!

Ciao,
    George

17. parkerfe

parkerfe F1 World Champ

Sep 4, 2001
    Cumming, Georgia
    Full Name:
    Franklin E. Parker
    Terry does great work and was the former service manager at FAF as well.

18. dogdoc97

dogdoc97 Formula Junior

Aug 2, 2011
    Atlanta, GA
    I could not recall the name of the new business. It's a father and son,the son is Nathan I believe; they took over from George's wife for the storage portion of the business I think. He and I talked for awhile and he showed me around.

I went to high school with George; it was a shock to many in our community! Doc

19. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    While Ron Reineke was down in FTL, I brought my Ferrari to George for service. On one occasion, he drove me all the way back to Marietta in his Mercedes. It was a horrible shock when I heard that he had been murdered. I presume the perpetrator is rotting in some prison cell somewhere.....

20. Jean-Claude

Jean-Claude Karting

Sep 23, 2009
    Atlanta
    Yes. Nathan more or less runs the location. There is a very knowledgeable older gentleman in the back that does the work. I think a lot(of good haha) of the bunch.

21. Dr Tommy Cosgrove

Dr Tommy Cosgrove Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 4, 2001
    Birmingham, AL
    Full Name:
    Tommy