Alternative to Atlanta C&O: | FerrariChat

Alternative to Atlanta C&O:

Discussion in 'South Central - USA (TN, MS, AL, GA)' started by Gatorrari, Mar 3, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    Considering the excellent weather forecast for this past Sunday morning, I was prepared to get up early and take the Ferrari to Caffeine & Octane for the first time in a number of months.

But just before the weekend I was advised of an alternative show which would be half the distance and would likely not require a real early arrival to secure a spot. So I took a different route and in 15 minutes, I found myself at the Indian Creek Shopping Center on Alabama Road (GA-92) in Roswell, just west of Sandy Plains Road and Mountain Park, at just after 8 AM, with plenty of parking still to be had.

The center is anchored by LA Fitness, and there is a Waffle House just to the left, where I headed for a quick breakfast. (It's a good thing I went when I did; when I returned at around 10 to use the facilities, there was a wait for seating!) It turned out that the one vendor on hand was giving away doughnuts, grit chips and coffee at no charge, and a Waffle House employee was also circulating thru the lot selling sausage biscuits.

The show, which just began last month, is styled as the Road Runner Cruise-In and is (supposedly) limited to cars at least 25 years old, though I suppose that any newer Italian exotic would not be turned away. A solitary Corvette C7 and a Boxster looked like the only interlopers while I was watching.

Here is an announcement about the show: Road Runner Cruise-in, 4905 Alabama Road (hwy 92) Roswell, GA - SOUTH EAST USA WHEELS EVENTS-Car and Motorcycle Show Calendar.

2. Lead Foot

Lead Foot Karting

May 30, 2011
    Boy do I feel old now. A 328 is 25+ years old. Sigh.

Jim, as usual, thanks for the pictures.

As glad as I am for an alternative to C&O, I wish this was Saturday morning, and in the other direction. This one is even farther away from me. Oh well, I guess I live on the wrong side of the tracks.

3. Jdahlstrom

Jdahlstrom Formula 3

Feb 28, 2005
    Miami, Fl
    Full Name:
    Josh Dahlstrom
    I am glad another event is starting up. C&O has been going downhill since it left the avenues.

4. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    Yup. According to my builder's plate, my car left Maranello 28 years ago this January. At least I don't have to worry about emissions testing anymore.

5. thirteendog

thirteendog Formula 3

Mar 6, 2008
    Nashville, TN
    Thanks for sharing the pics.

6. reubenk

reubenk Formula Junior

Mar 5, 2004
    atlanta burbs
    Full Name:
    reuben k
    what we really need is an alternative gathering that siphons off all the less than 25 year old american cars with 4 seats ;-)

7. thirteendog

thirteendog Formula 3

Mar 6, 2008
    Nashville, TN
    Nashville cars and coffee needs a european weekend every now and then.

8. Thomas Magnum

Thomas Magnum F1 Veteran
    Owner

Feb 24, 2013
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Great pics and some nice cars.

9. Triple Black

Triple Black Karting

Feb 8, 2014
    Millington TN
    Full Name:
    David S
    Thanks for sharing.

10. pingi3

pingi3 Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 27, 2009
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Quack
    + 1.

Wake me up when there is a smaller meet and greet. Wish I could take the kids again.

11. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
  12. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    #14 Gatorrari, Mar 6, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    And here's the proof!
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

13. z4guy

z4guy Rookie

Feb 11, 2014
    Is that cobra real or are the tires dirty?

14. grngryoutmyway

grngryoutmyway Karting

Nov 4, 2011
    I passed a bunch of these on the way to CO and would have turned around if I knew where they were going. Went right by the parking lot too. CO was rediculous as usual, totally out of control, not going back. I got there at 7:30 and had to park 4 lots over at the Home Depot.