Ron's suspension rebuild | FerrariChat

Ron's suspension rebuild

Discussion in 'South Central - USA (TN, MS, AL, GA)' started by Big Lebowski, Apr 8, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Big Lebowski

Big Lebowski Formula Junior

Jan 24, 2013
    Peach state
    Full Name:
    Brownie
    Many thanks to Ron Reineke for the great work he did rebuilding the suspension on my '98 355 GTS. While I had no suspension issues like shock warning lights I could tell under spirited driving that the car could be improved quite a bit. So, I purchased new wishbone and sway bar bushings and adjustable drop end links and took the car to Ron. The shocks were shipped to Deltavee Motorsports where they were rebuilt, revalved and had hyperco springs installed. Ron replaced the bushings and after re-assembling, corner weighted the car and set the alignment specs to a little more aggressive than stock.

After 270 miles in the N Ga mtns this past Saturday (thanks Will & Bob!) all I can say is wow! This has to be how the car felt when new. Stable, balanced, confidence inspiring. Tremendous difference. Ron as usual did fantastic work and was a great source of information in setting up the car. Two thumbs up!

2. Dr Tommy Cosgrove

Dr Tommy Cosgrove Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 4, 2001
    Birmingham, AL
    Full Name:
    Tommy
    He did a total rebuild on a friend's 85 308 last year. It drives like a new car - WAY better than mine. The difference is remarkable

3. Scaledetails

Scaledetails F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 19, 2003
    Daytona Beach, FL
    Full Name:
    Stephane
    Sounds like the guy for my Mondial T. It is suffering from shock issues. How do I contact Ron?

4. Big Lebowski

Jan 24, 2013
    Peach state
    Full Name:
    Brownie
    404-435-6760

5. Ferraripilot

Ferraripilot F1 World Champ
    Owner Project Master

May 10, 2006
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    John!
    Ron is an outstanding ferrari mechanic. Highly recommended. Glad your 355 came out well! Was yours the car he had problems finding or rebuilding the shocks with?

6. Big Lebowski

Jan 24, 2013
    Peach state
    Full Name:
    Brownie
    No, I had everything set up with Rob at Deltavee re: the shocks so once Ron removed them he shipped them up to Rob for the shock rebuild. Rob turned them around in a week during which time Ron was replacing the bushings etc. Both Ron and I were happy with the quality of Deltavee's work.