Remember the C&O alternative! | FerrariChat

Remember the C&O alternative!

Discussion in 'South Central - USA (TN, MS, AL, GA)' started by Gatorrari, Jul 5, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    If you don't want to get up at oh-dark-thirty tomorrow to get a parking space at Caffeine & Octane (where, I understand, parking nowadays tends to fill up by 7 AM!), and your car is 25 years old or older, consider the alternative gathering.

It's on GA-92 in Mountain Park, just west of Sandy Plains Road, in front of LA Fitness and next to Waffle House. (The LA Fitness actually quotes a Roswell address: 4905 Alabama Rd, if you want to feed that to your GPS).

Aside from the Waffle House, there are usually free donuts, grit chips and coffee available. I've had the only Ferrari there the times I've gone; it would sure be nice to have some companionship! And you don't have to get there ridiculously early; even at 8:30 there is usually parking available.

(And I doubt if newer exotics would be turned away, but of course, that's just my educated guess.)

2. Patek

Patek Formula 3

Mar 24, 2006
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    John Milton Denton
    Hey Jim , Ask around see it they mind if not quiet 25 year old european cars can show up. Maybe pre 2000. That would be almost 15 years old.
    I really don't want to go back to Car Maxx at 5AM
    With all the New Car lot cars there. The American stuff just puts me to sleep.

3. Pantera72

Pantera72 Rookie

Jul 18, 2006
    Atlanta, Georgia USA
    This monthly gathering had grown in to what C&O once was back at the avenue east Cobb.
    Sadly last month LA Fitness booted them out on orders from corporate HQs.

It has been relocated only a few miles away. Now meeting at the Panera Bread Store on HWY 92 behind Chick Fil- A.

A really nice low key event.

Link below.

Road Runners - SOUTH EAST USA WHEELS EVENTS-Car and Motorcycle Show Calendar

4. CharlesE

CharlesE Formula 3

Nov 19, 2007
    Johns Creek GA
    Full Name:
    Charles E
    good to know it has moved to a more favorable location. i went last month and upon arriving a sign said it was cancelled. patek, i would worry about the 25 y/o rule. i think as long as you have somethng newer and not massed produced you would be welcome.

5. minimn

minimn Karting

Jun 25, 2007
    None of you slackers showed up - on a sunny/perfect morning and at a great location! Need a limo driver with heated seats next month? Wimps.

6. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    Since I doubt if I'll get up early enough on Sunday to make it to C&O, I plan to attend this event instead, at its new location. How about some other Ferraris showing up? (They prefer 25 years old and older, but I doubt if any good exotic would be turned away.)

7. minimn

minimn Karting

Jun 25, 2007
    Panara Bread/ Target Shopping Center

1125 Woodstock Rd, Roswell, GA ‎

8:00ish +

8. parkerfe

parkerfe F1 World Champ

Sep 4, 2001
    Cumming, Georgia
    Full Name:
    Franklin E. Parker
    Jim when did you last go to C&O? The last time I went at around 8:30am, I had no problems finding a place to park. If fact, I went with two friends who drove their cars and we found a place to all three park together.

9. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    When were you last there, Frank? The last time I went I got there at about 6:30. At 8:30 there were no spaces open, just a bunch of cars riding around looking in vain.

By about 9:00, some spaces do open as some of the early arrivals decide to leave. I think of C&O as having a "first shift" and a "second shift".

10. parkerfe

parkerfe F1 World Champ

Sep 4, 2001
    Cumming, Georgia
    Full Name:
    Franklin E. Parker
    I was there in July with my new Porsche Turbo-S and I did notice some cars leaving as I was driving in. I'm thinking of going in my 1988 911 cab tomorrow...