CAR PARTY | FerrariChat

CAR PARTY

Discussion in 'South Central - USA (TN, MS, AL, GA)' started by sunburn, Jul 8, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. sunburn

sunburn Formula Junior

Nov 2, 2003
    Dawsonville, GA
    Full Name:
    Rick R.
    #1 sunburn, Jul 8, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 8, 2014
    Guys, our friends Kyle and Chrystal at TPS Pizza on 141 in Cumming is having their 1 year anniversary this weekend and will have a nice sized car show.
    Here is a quote from their FB event advertisement for this weekends event.

""For TPS Pizza's one year anniversary we would like to invite the whole automotive community out for a 48 hour long meeting. Please feel free to camp out of your car. TPS will be open all 48 hours. There will always be a place to potty, a place to eat and lastly a place to have fun. A donation will be required to enter to win a sweet ass trophy."

Jeremy at AMP and he is donating 3 AMP Kart track sessions for the TPS event. I also just learned that there will be 2 cars donated to be raffled off. a mid 50's Studebaker barn find and a Studebaker Avante barn find. There will be car accessories donated for raffle as well as electric guitars, dining out gift certificates, a leg lamp, an Aston Martin 007 ALMS car wheel and tire, a Porsche ALMS tire and all sorts of other fun stuff..

The parking lot is very large and there will be all sorts of things going on all weekend. How bout we go at 2 on Saturday ? Address below.

Address: 1790 Peachtree Pkwy, Cumming, GA 30041
    Phone (678) 743-7467 .

2. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    This location is less than 1/2 mile north of the First Redeemer Church, whose car show a lot of us know quite well.

3. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    They oughta call it "The 48 Hours of Pizza"!:D

4. CharlesE

CharlesE Formula 3

Nov 19, 2007
    Johns Creek GA
    Full Name:
    Charles E

5. 4re308

4re308 F1 Rookie

Jun 13, 2001
    Woodstock, GA
    Full Name:
    Mitch D
    Sounds fun!

6. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    Since I'd rather not go out in the heat of the day, I think I'll go for dinner tomorrow, unless the weather is like this evening, in which case I might wait until Sunday. But it sounds like a fun affair.

7. tazz99

tazz99 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 16, 2007
    Kennesaw, GA
    Full Name:
    Seth
    Sounds good

8. DL4567

DL4567 Karting

Nov 25, 2004
    Atlanta
    How did this go? No pics?

9. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    I went Saturday evening, going via Roswell and arriving at around 6:15. The pizza place was smaller than expected, and I was lucky to get a table just as my friend Mark and his wife (who live quite close by) arrived in their turbo Beetle.

The place is decidedly funky, with lots of knick-knacks on the shelves, old magazines lying around (I flipped through a "Car & Driver" from 1997!) and graffitti on the walls. The pizza was excellent (but was only being served by the slice), though by that hour they had already run out of about half the toppings!

The car show during the time I was there was mostly Japanese tuner and drift cars, representing every Japanese make, with the Nissan 200SX/240SX being the "flavor" of the night. There was a BMW Z4 coupe, an older BMW sedan converted to strictly a track car, and a very black older Audi sedan, but everything else was from the Orient. A Subaru WRX showed up briefly with the brightest yellow wheels I think I'd ever seen on any car, but he didn't hang around very long. There was nothing there I particularly cared to photograph, and I left around 8:00 and took the freeway route home (400/285/75), just missing a passing shower (with the roof off the car!). At least the others there seemed to appreciate the Ferrari.

It did occur to me that this would be a good spot for a Giovanni's-style gathering, with a big lot and a lot of businesses in the shopping center that seemed to be Monday-thru-Friday only.

10. DL4567

DL4567 Karting

Nov 25, 2004
    Atlanta
  11. sunburn

sunburn Formula Junior

Nov 2, 2003
    Dawsonville, GA
    Full Name:
    Rick R.
    Some of the old Giovanis group were there around 2-3. Some Loti, couple of F-cars and an Aston (about 10 in all). Seems like different clubs hit it at different times. Three of us came in on Sunday afternoon had a couple of slices and a few beers. Everyone was crashed. Kyle said they had a line out the door at 3am!
    The place does have what we need for a new meeting place...good location, lots of parking, pretty good (and reasonable) food and an owner that's into cars.

12. gcmerak

gcmerak Formula 3

Mar 17, 2008
    Engine Bay, Georgia
    Full Name:
    George C.
    Hi Rick,

Any idea who brought the Aston? Anyone I might know?

Ciao,
    George

13. sunburn

sunburn Formula Junior

Nov 2, 2003
    Dawsonville, GA
    Full Name:
    Rick R.
    Hey George,
    No, wasn't mine. I had to go to my grandson's first birthday party so I missed the 2pm call to arms at TPS pizza. We had met a guy (Mike) a few weeks ago with an '04 Black Vanquish . . . wait for it . . . . 6 spd! Nice to know there's another Vanq in the territory.