Who's going to Caffeine and Exotics on August 17? | FerrariChat

Who's going to Caffeine and Exotics on August 17?

Discussion in 'South Central - USA (TN, MS, AL, GA)' started by Jean-Claude, Aug 5, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Jean-Claude

Jean-Claude Karting

Sep 23, 2009
    Atlanta
    The first C&E was a hit and certainly the next one will be amazing as well. I'd love to see more Ferraris on display.

Anyone from fchat going on August 17, to show or view?

2. senna1219

senna1219 Karting

Feb 15, 2012
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    Carl
    Where is it?

3. andy308

andy308 Formula 3

Jan 16, 2005
    Sarasota, FL
    Full Name:
    Andy
    I tried to register a few days ago but have not heard anything back yet. It is held a Lenox Mall at 8am on 8/17.

4. henryr

henryr Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 10, 2003
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Juan Sánchez Villa-L
    what is it ?

5. andy308

andy308 Formula 3

Jan 16, 2005
    Sarasota, FL
    Full Name:
    Andy
  6. Jean-Claude

Jean-Claude Karting

Sep 23, 2009
    Atlanta
    I believe they are responding the registrations today.

7. 458fan1

458fan1 Karting

Dec 2, 2011
    It's a great event, especially for those who don't like C&O due to the difficulties finding parking. This month is supposed to get an even bigger turnout of cars. Quite a few Ferraris were there last month including a gray F12, a rare dark red 458, a 250 GTE, and many others.

8. henryr

henryr Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 10, 2003
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Juan Sánchez Villa-L
    just what one would want the "lenox" crowd banging up against my shiny paint......

9. atiquester

atiquester Rookie

Feb 2, 2012
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Atique
    Can't wait... It will be a blast.

10. mholifield

mholifield Rookie

Jun 25, 2007
    Atlanta GA
    Full Name:
    Mark Holifield
    I put in a registration a few days ago, but have not heard back.

11. Atlanta355

Atlanta355 Karting

Jun 7, 2008
    Atlanta
    I am going to register and check it out. Good to have a show actually in Atlanta for exotics only. Hopefully it won't turn into another C&O.

12. dogdoc97

dogdoc97 Formula Junior

Aug 2, 2011
    Atlanta, GA
    Gave me an assigned space, expecting 180 cars....Doc

13. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    I made a late decision to register, and as a result I'll be in the "reserve" lot for now (which is where FoA used to hold a monthly gathering some years back), but there might be a chance to move into the main lot if someone no-shows. 180 spaces and they're all taken!

(I just hope their notion of an "exotic" hasn't been watered down too much. Out in Seattle, the weekly Exotics at Redmond Town Center show (which I visited once) has some pretty strict rules.)

See you there?

14. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    #14 Gatorrari, Aug 17, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    There was very little traffic on the freeways this morning; all the way from Marietta to Buckhead, I only had to change lanes once to pass a slower car. Along the way I was passed by a California and an Audi R8, and I assumed (correctly) that we were all headed to the same place.

It wasn't until 8:45 that we were allowed to move from the "reserve" lot to the main lot, and even then we were all parked together on the west side, not with our own marques, which puzzled me because there were at least 4 vacant spots in the Ferrari area all morning long. But then, it is only the second month and there are still operational kinks that need to be worked out.

In the meantime, I walked around taking some photos, including the first McLaren 650S's that I had seen in person; I was surprised how little changed they were, visually, from the 12C. In the photo of the three bronze-colored ones they are, from back to front, a 12C coupe, a 12C spider and a 650S spider.

The Ford F-650 pickup was more like a semi in disguise, with a horn that sounded like an Amtrak locomotive! I'd say the top of the 328 would probably come up to about the top of his headlights. The owner claims about 15 miles per gallon of diesel fuel on the highway, which isn't too bad considering the size of the thing.

Interesting how the Ferraris on one side were all red (no, the 328 is not mine) and on the other side they weren't!
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

15. dogdoc97

dogdoc97 Formula Junior

Aug 2, 2011
    Atlanta, GA
    Spoke to John one of the "founders' of this event; I brought my Panoz Esperante...
    They were somewhat annoyed that many came late, very late, like after 9:00AM and another founder told me if you were really late they have noted such by your name so as to give someone else a chance to come next time and you go to the reserve lot.
    It appears that if your invited today you will be getting an email to comeback and so so will pretty much be invited everytime so not everyone made the initial cut......at least that is how I read it; once in always in unless you cannot come for example so I think they ask you to refill the app each time to see who is coming.

Now in saying that we also discussed that with only 180 slots you would think more exotic and rare cars would be there; BUT I heard numerous comments as did John that folks were not very enamored with all the stock Bimmers, Mercedes,Corvettes,Maserati Gibli etc. , NOT that they are not great and expensive cars BUT they really want to make it something different that Caffeine and Octane

So he said they have some bugs to work out but hopefully it will be even more exotic and appealing.

Just my .02 on what I heard; PS The word is they will group cars by color next month and I was asked if I had another car since they have alot of black which the Panoz is a triple black; so I am bringing my Blue Aston DB7 GT...see you there, Dogdoc

16. spirot

spirot F1 World Champ

Dec 12, 2005
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Tom Spiro
    I got invited to the overflow but just could not make my wife fell on the stairs yesterday - so was in pretty bad pain, so i was nurse maid ....maybe next time

17. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    #17 Gatorrari, Aug 17, 2014
  18. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    There is always an argument as to what makes a car "exotic", and with this show bound to get bigger (like C&O), now is the time to make rules and restrictions if necessary.

I suggested to John that he contact the folks who run Exotics at Redmond Town Center in Seattle to see what rules they use. I know that they restrict Corvettes to Z06s and ZR1s only, and I think that they restrict BMWs to cars "tuned" by outfits like Alpina or Brabus; even factory "M" cars are banned (unless an M1 shows up, of course!). One rule might be to ban any four-door cars, but owners of Panameras and Rapides might object to that one.

Maybe questionable cars should be restricted to the "reserve" lot if space in the main lot is unavailable. At least they'd be on the premises.....

19. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
  20. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    #20 Gatorrari, Aug 17, 2014
    Here are the last of my photos. How'd you like to see the trio in the last photo going by you on the street? Sweet!

Since it was nearly 11:00, I moved the Ferrari so that it was in a nice shady spot and went to Zimburger for a great burger and a black cow (but I had mine with chocolate ice cream and Coke, just like we used to get in NYC).

I think my schedule for next month will allow me to do this again (the day after the First Redeemer show, if I'm not mistaken). This time I'll try to register early enough to make the main lot from the start.

This show will be a good thing - if they don't screw it up somehow.

21. CharlesE

CharlesE Formula 3

Nov 19, 2007
    Johns Creek GA
    Full Name:
    Charles E
    i'll have to go next time. why do you have to register..so they can screen out the cars that arent considerd an exotic?

22. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    Mainly so that they can hand out reserved spaces. That way you don't have to wake up at oh-dark-thirty to be sure of a space. I suppose screening may eventually be necessary.

23. minimn

minimn Karting

Jun 25, 2007
    The F-650 Ford wasn't an "exotic' as most would consider it as an "excess"; So screening is necessary.

24. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    Maybe that's why he was banished to the "reserve" lot for the duration.....

25. Scaledetails

Scaledetails F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 19, 2003
    Daytona Beach, FL
    Full Name:
    Stephane
    Sounds like a great event, and well thought of, that's probably how I would do it myself. Definitely not the "zoo" I am used to seeing with C&C. I wish I could attend it, hopefully these guys will continue with good success. Thanks for the pics Jim.