Italian Show at Norcross | FerrariChat

Italian Show at Norcross

Discussion in 'South Central - USA (TN, MS, AL, GA)' started by jzcar, Aug 11, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. jzcar

jzcar Karting

Mar 23, 2012
    N Florida
    Anyone know anything about the Italian Car Show at the park in downtown Norcross? I can't remember if it's usually held in Oct or Nov, but I know it's getting close.

2. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    It will be on October 11 this year, the week after the Petit Le Mans. Same location as the last two years.

3. 4re308

4re308 F1 Rookie

Jun 13, 2001
    Woodstock, GA
    Full Name:
    Mitch D
    Def looking forward to the show!

4. ARFNSX

ARFNSX Rookie

Mar 8, 2005
    Atlanta, Georgia
    Full Name:
    Alex
    I will mark this on my calendar.

5. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    Uh, Norcross, we have a problem......

Although 10/11 had been originally announced as the date of the show, that has apparently been changed to 10/4!

If that is indeed the case, many of us (including myself) will NOT be there, since we will be attending the Petit Le Mans at Road Atlanta on 10/4!

I find it hard to believe that John Montgomery and/or the city of Norcross would make a gaffe that serious, so I will withhold judgment until I get confirmation one way or the other. If the date is indeed 10/4, I fear that the park in Norcross will be an eerily quiet place.....

6. Lanikai

Lanikai Formula Junior

Dec 18, 2003
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    Will Campbell
    Please tell me this is not the case. Would hate to miss Italian Car Day but we need to be at petit to support the brand.

7. jeffdavison

jeffdavison F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 29, 2002
    Suwanee Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jeffrey Davison
    Sorry guys.... the date IS 10/4. It was subject to Norcross's availability and not wanting to push the show into November. We tried not to conflict with other events and not wanting to chance the weather in Novemeber, we had to go with the date that Norcross had made available to us. Sometimes there are tough choices to be made... in any case the show must go on, and y'all have choices to make as well....... that's life I guess.

Jeff Davison

8. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    Jeff, was Sunday (10/5) ever considered? While those of us who had gone to the Petit might rather have gotten the day off, I'd consider going to ICD on that Sunday. (Look at how many people go to Sunday car shows now - C&O and its alternative!)

9. Patek

Patek Formula 3

Mar 24, 2006
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    John Milton Denton
    Man, that is brutal. I will be at Road Atlanta........... hate that............ maybe drop the car off in the morning then go to Road Atlanta. Then come back a 4pm pick the car, and trophy for whatever brand you have , as nobody will be there... so you will win just by showing up.
    That really is thought a show and I hate to miss it. But maybe 2015.
    Wow............. just Wow....................

10. Patek

Patek Formula 3

Mar 24, 2006
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    John Milton Denton
    I say push it to November, and risk it. Weather can't be that bad, and will have a good chance for people to actually bring their car in some cooler weather.

11. gcmerak

gcmerak Formula 3

Mar 17, 2008
    Engine Bay, Georgia
    Full Name:
    George C.
    Hi John.

I like your idea.

November works 4 me! Just not during the Thanksgiving weekend.

Ciao
    George

12. jeffdavison

jeffdavison F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 29, 2002
    Suwanee Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jeffrey Davison
    Watch this space for some upcoming news on the show....

JD

13. Patek

Patek Formula 3

Mar 24, 2006
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    John Milton Denton
    #13 Patek, Aug 26, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I talked with John Montgomery at length at the Greenville Coffee and Cars. Even not just the ferrari people will miss the show, as they will be at Road Atlanta, you could lose 1/3 of all the cars, as stated owners of these brands love to see the race. It starts at 10am and goes to 10pm. So it would be hard to miss the start of the race, as that is when you get to go on the track and see the cars really close.

And lots of times November is super nice, and people tend to get their cars out in the cooler times in Ga. The trees don't lose all their leave in november, should be nice.

Norcross may not have anything going on much in Nov. The last big show of the season could be this one. Until we get back into Oct. but Nov. may be as strong. 2nd weekend could be nice.
    Best,
    John
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

14. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    I just checked the Norcross city website, and their calendar shows NO weekend events any weekend in October or November after the weekend of October 11/12.

You'd probably want to avoid the weekend of October 18/19 (Euro Auto Festival in SC) and the weekend of November 1/2 (U.S. Grand Prix in Austin). I suppose that October 25/26 would work out quite nicely.....

15. jeffdavison

jeffdavison F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 29, 2002
    Suwanee Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jeffrey Davison
    #15 jeffdavison, Aug 27, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 27, 2014
    Norcross's printed calander of event is not the definitive inside information as to the doings of the city. It's a guide, but not the interactions of the government and the business owners who have final say on what they want and when they want it. The park also has private events scheduled that may or may not interfere with wanted dates. Coming to their community with a show has to work with their needs and not neccesarily dates on a calendar or the needs of the show. Also we have to be cognizant of the time commitments from our volunteers, our official photographer, the vendors and the dealers that will be displying, ALL of their own timing constraints. AND not to have to conflict with other events happening elswhere on those dates. There are a lot og logistics that people are not aware of or appreciative of when putting on a show. There is a lot of footwork involved. It's not just simply the avaiability of a park or empty field. Stay tuned......

JD

16. suicidedoors1964

suicidedoors1964 Formula Junior

Oct 2, 2004
    This show should be the coming out party for the BB512MM project that myself and FoA have been working on.

17. 4re308

4re308 F1 Rookie

Jun 13, 2001
    Woodstock, GA
    Full Name:
    Mitch D
    #17 4re308, Aug 28, 2014
    Hi everyone, I spoke extensively to John Montgomery and he gave me permission to post this! The new date for Italian Car Day is NOVEMBER 8th!!

18. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    Thank you, Mitch (and John, Jeff and Norcross). That works for me!:D

19. 4re308

4re308 F1 Rookie

Jun 13, 2001
    Woodstock, GA
    Full Name:
    Mitch D
    #19 4re308, Aug 28, 2014
    Here is the directions page! Hats off to John & Jeff D for moving the date so quickly, I know everyone appreciates their hard work.

20. jeffdavison

jeffdavison F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 29, 2002
    Suwanee Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jeffrey Davison
    Italian Car Day Atlanta!

Saturday, November 8th, 2014, 10 AM to 3 PM
    Coming Soon - Future home of something quite cool
    Italian Car Day Atlanta celebrates our18th year of Italian automotive style; exhibiting private collections of the finest exotic Italian cars at Lillian Webb Park, 5 College Street in historic downtown Norcross, GA. The event includes the car show, marque awards, a raffle and silent auction. New dealer cars and merchandise will be on display to add excitement & opportunity. Show cars enter from Buford Highway @ Holcomb Bridge Rd.

Saturday, November 8th, 10 AM to 3 PM, (Show cars should arrive before 10 AM)
    Downtown Historic Norcross, GA at Lillian Webb Park, northeast Atlanta.
    Show vehicle registration $25 at gate, spectator admission free, lunch on own.
    New Italian vehicle displays by participating dealers.

Marque Trophy Awards:
    Class trophies (1st, 2nd, 3rd):

Alfa Romeo / Ferrari / Fiat / Lamborghini / Lancia / Maserati / Pantera (DeTomaso)
    Open Class (Unlisted marques) & Italian Cycle

Additional Awards (single trophy):

Best Modified
    “Car I’d most like to drive home.” (People’s Choice)
    BEST OF SHOW!

Sponsoring vendor’s name is engraved on each trophy, includes promotion during the day. Owners of registered vehicles receive a voting ballot for each marque.

Photography
    Each car is photographed after gate registration. Photo is taken at the intersection of Britt Avenue and College Street at the top of the hill. Photo CD available. Please enter the show from the intersection of Buford Highway at Holcomb Bridge Road, turn immediately onto Bostic Ave then toward Britt Street. Registration at the corner of Bostic Avenue and Britt Street. All cars will get registered and their photo before parking on the lawn!

Raffle Prize Donations
    Italian Car Day sells raffle tickets during the event for $1 each. Vendors will display their donation, product or service to all participants and spectators. All donated items should be marked by the donating vendor and displayed on tables near the event tent. Please make donations of at least $30 in value, gift certificates at least $50 in value. Vendor receives public address promotion & recognition immediately before the awards.

Silent Auction:
    Vendor may display an item or certificate for the silent auction, setting a minimum bid price for the item. The minimum bid amount will be returned to the vendor after the show has concluded. Silent auction forms are provided by ICD. For example, a $100 value gift or product may have an opening bid set by the vendor at $75. Amounts bid over the $75 minimum support Italian Car Day, the $75 minimum bid amount is returned to the vendor. Vendors get excellent exposure for their product or service with a guaranteed return of value. All items not making minimum bid will be returned to vendor.

Vendor Display Area:
    Vendors may secure table space to display of their product or service if needed. All donating sponsors may display their literature or catalog on a table dedicated for that purpose. Vendor space will be allocated on a first come, first served basis.
    All sponsors receive their name, phone number and/or web address on the car registration placards. All sponsors receive public announcement recognition for their support during the show.

Hotel Accommodation Group Rate:

Italian Car Day is pleased to secure a low $84/ night room rate from Hilton Atlanta Northeast, just one mile from the Old Town Norcross show field. The “Castle in the Hill” is available to those who wish to stay the night before the show on November 7th. Request your room by mentioning the special “Italian Car Day” room rate. Call 1+770-447-4747 for reservations!

Please contact John Montgomery for more information. Thank you for your support!

John Montgomery -ICD Coordinator

Phone 770-932-2380
    E Mail: [email protected]

Directions:
    Historic Downtown Norcross is outside the I-285 Perimeter highway in Northeast Atlanta
    GPS Coordinates: N 33° 56.479 W 084° 12.679
    Lillian Webb Park, 5 College St., Norcross, GA 30071 (Upper lawn area near fountain)*
    http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7116/7484148158_af3ac1ff54.jpg
    http://img.groundspeak.com/waymarking/large/36374bf1-9b10-47e6-8247-53b5512d6b0b.JPG
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidwilliamreed/3965670333/
    From I-285 perimeter highway north Atlanta:
    1. Exit to Buford Highway from 285, then north Buford Hwy (outside perimeter) 5 miles.
    2. Turn left from Buford Highway to Holcomb Bridge Rd. to Bostic Ave. then Britt Ave.
    From I-85 in North Atlanta (Gwinnett County):
    1. I-85 exit #101, Indian Trail Lilburn Rd., go 2/10 mile & turn left on Beaver Ruin Rd.
    2. Take Beaver Ruin Road 1.7 mile, turn left @ light to US-23 South (Buford Highway)
    3. Go 1/4 mile south on Buford Hwy. Turn to Holcomb Bridge Rd., then immediately
    to Bostic Ave. then Britt Ave.

21. jeffdavison

jeffdavison F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 29, 2002
    Suwanee Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jeffrey Davison
    #21 jeffdavison, Aug 28, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 28, 2014
    I know it's kind of small on the picture of the poster, but at the bottom is a note of the website that will be dedicated to the show. It's not live yet, but should go live, hopefully by the end of the day today or very shortly.

Coming Soon - Future home of something quite cool

Also an important note..... The entrance and car registration is different than it was last year. It's noted in Mitches posting and the text announcement that I posted.

We have to keep the traffic management peeps (police) in Norcross happy too! :)

another note... please don't come too early as we will be setting things up and things won't yet be in place for registration while we scurry around.

and a final request...... please listen to the parking guides after you register so they can get your car to an appropriate spot in a timely manner and just not park where you think is good spot. We have to be aware of others and the parking setups we have planned for all the marques.

Thanks guys and gals.......

JD

22. jeffdavison

jeffdavison F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 29, 2002
    Suwanee Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jeffrey Davison
    THE WEBSITE IS LIVE!!!!!!!!

23. gcmerak

gcmerak Formula 3

Mar 17, 2008
    Engine Bay, Georgia
    Full Name:
    George C.
    Smart Moves!

Just Sayin.

Ciao,
    George

24. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    Already bookmarked!

If the website wants to use any of the photos I've posted on FerrariChat from previous years, it's welcome to use them.

25. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    And to give our friends who own British cars their due, British Car Fayre in downtown Norcross is coming up on Saturday, 6 September.