United Way Car & Bike Show: | FerrariChat

United Way Car & Bike Show:

Discussion in 'South Central - USA (TN, MS, AL, GA)' started by Gatorrari, Sep 9, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    The 12th annual Atlanta United Way Car & Bike Show will be held Saturday, Sept. 13 at the GM IT Innovation Center at 2010 Warsaw Road in Roswell, GA. This is just north of Hennessy Porsche on Mansell Road. Registration is $25 and will be from 8 to 11 AM, with the show open to the public, for free admission, from 10 to 3:30 PM.

Some of us have been to this show before and it is a good one. Cars are kept widely spaced so there is no threat of door dings. There is good musical entertainment, plenty of door prizes, decent food concessions and a play area for the kiddies. There are plenty of trophies awarded; one year everyone who showed up with some sort of exotic walked home with a trophy!

Last year the show was pretty much a washout, and while there is still a threat of showers, this year's weather forecast, at this writing, is much better. I plan to be there and I hope that some of you will join me.

More details at United Way of Greater Atlanta Carshow.

2. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    The weather forecast for tomorrow is promising enough, with a 40% chance of showers. Today the probability was higher, but in Marietta it was fine all day long. And it will be a bit cooler tomorrow.

In the event something nasty approaches, the parking deck at Northpoint Mall is only about 7 minutes away. So there is an "escape plan".

3. CharlesE

CharlesE Formula 3

Nov 19, 2007
    Johns Creek GA
    Full Name:
    Charles E
    good turnout and the weather was better than expected. Rick won a trophy for his "Austin" Martin.

4. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    The weather turned out to be no issue, though the early fog made for a lot of late arrivals. Eventually the car lots filled up, but the number of motorcycles remained disappointing.

Good oldies music from "Men in Blues", plenty of door prizes, a silent auction, Shane's BBQ and homemade ice cream, some good vendors, displays of vehicles from GM and UPS, and a play area for the kids all made for a good event. And that lot has quite a few trees, so it was easy to find shade once the sun came out. The awards announcements started at 2:30, so by about 3 we were all on our way.

There were several FChatters on hand, but only Rick Russo won a trophy, Best 1990 or Newer, with his Aston Martin Vanquish. Good going, 007!

I'll post some photos tonight and later in the week.

5. suicidedoors1964

suicidedoors1964 Formula Junior

Oct 2, 2004
    That 1951 Beetle was super cool. The owner was great to talk with and said 0-60 maybe with the right hill and wind conditions. Super great car though. Hope to see it again in the future.

6. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    You've got to like a car with trafficators! I wish that I had asked him to demonstrate their operation.

Trafficators - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

7. gcmerak

gcmerak Formula 3

Mar 17, 2008
    Engine Bay, Georgia
    Full Name:
    George C.
    I'm just sure I saw a Z in one of those photos!

:)

Ciao,
    George

8. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    #9 Gatorrari, Sep 17, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  9. gcmerak

gcmerak Formula 3

Mar 17, 2008
    Engine Bay, Georgia
    Full Name:
    George C.
    Thanks Jim!!

Very nice early Z.

Ciao,
    George

10. CharlesE

CharlesE Formula 3

Nov 19, 2007
    Johns Creek GA
    Full Name:
    Charles E
    i like that Willys wagon. it was for sale. Was considering selling the TR6 to make room for it.