First Redeemer Church Car & Bike Show: | FerrariChat

First Redeemer Church Car & Bike Show:

Discussion in 'South Central - USA (TN, MS, AL, GA)' started by Gatorrari, Sep 16, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    First Redeemer Church in Cumming, GA will be hosting its 15th annual Car & Bike Show this coming Saturday, Sept. 20, from 3 to 6 PM.

The church is at the intersection of Peachtree Parkway (GA-141) and Old Alpharetta Road (use the Old Alpharetta entrance), accessible from GA-400 exit 12 or 13. Registration is only $10 and gets you a free dinner (admittedly, just a hot dog, chips and drink, but the price is right), though they also have a very nice café.

There are plenty of door prizes and trophies given out, and the weather forecast as of now is about perfect. This show usually attracts quite a few FChatters, and hopefully that can be repeated this year.

http://origin.library.constantcontact.com/download/get/file/1103058265335-1726/CarShow2014_COLOR+FLYER_8.5x11.pdf

2. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    Weather forecast: Mostly sunny, high of 80, and a nice breeze. A great day for a car show! Y'all come!

3. shmark

shmark F1 Rookie

Oct 31, 2003
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Sounds like a nice afternoon, we just might see you there!

4. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    #4 Gatorrari, Sep 21, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    In spite of the glorious weather (or, perhaps, because of it?), the turnout at the show this year was surprisingly low. I had the only Italian car there, but an interesting group of exotics included two DeLoreans (which took the two awards in the class), a Tesla roadster and Rick's Aston Martin. In fact, Rick and I were (as far as I know) the only FChatters in attendance.

One of my favorite early arrivals was a '55 Corvette, one of the first with a V-8 engine, which invites interesting comparison with the black '54 I had seen a week earlier. This car won the "Pastor's Choice" award.

More photos later.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

5. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    #5 Gatorrari, Sep 21, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Here are the rest of my photos. One car obviously belongs to a UGA fan!

My favorite car was one of the last to arrive: the splendid '57 DeSoto Fireflyte, in a rather unusual choice of colors. This was the sister car to the hemi-powered Chrysler 300C and one of Virgil Exner's Mopar designs that instantly made everything from Ford and GM seem old-fashioned. Considering the propensity of these cars to rust, it was amazing to see a 57-year-old example look so showroom-fresh.

6. shmark

shmark F1 Rookie

Oct 31, 2003
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Sorry I missed it Jim. Had a little too much fun the night before, and really didn't feel like sitting out in the sun the next day! Looks like there were some great cars, even if the turnout was low. Love that DeSoto!