Euro Fest 2014 in Ridgeland, MS - October 4th | FerrariChat

Euro Fest 2014 in Ridgeland, MS - October 4th

Discussion in 'South Central - USA (TN, MS, AL, GA)' started by nathandarby67, Sep 29, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. nathandarby67

nathandarby67 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Feb 1, 2005
    Mississippi
    Full Name:
    Nathan
    #1 nathandarby67, Sep 29, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Just a friendly reminder about this great show coming up this weekend. Always a nice variety of cars and great turnout. If you are in the area, I strongly encourage you to check it out! We will also be having an informal Mississippi Chapter FCA meeting to discuss ideas and events for the upcoming year.

Video from last year's show: [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HyFclmjTgS8]2013 Renaissance Euro Fest Auto Show Goes Back to the Future and Beyond - YouTube[/ame]

Pics from last year: Renaissance Euro Fest | Photos 2012
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. Thomas Magnum

Thomas Magnum F1 Veteran
    Owner

Feb 24, 2013
    Full Name:
    Mark
    I'll be there. First time for me. Looking forward to it.

3. nathandarby67

nathandarby67 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Feb 1, 2005
    Mississippi
    Full Name:
    Nathan
    Great! The Memphis area is usually pretty well represented at this show. Are you bringing your car? If so, you will be pleasantly surprised by how nice Mike Marsh and company make this event for entrants. A nice reception on Friday night, VIP hospitality suite on show day with breakfast, lunch, snacks, and drinks all day, a nice goodie bag, etc. He does a great job lining up sponsors to provide all this nice stuff, and all we have to do is show up with a neat car. Can't beat it!

4. Thomas Magnum

Thomas Magnum F1 Veteran
    Owner

Feb 24, 2013
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Yes, bringing the 308. Sounds like a nice event. Hope the tstorms don't impact the Friday drive but the weekend forecast is great.

5. bigeasy

bigeasy Formula Junior

Dec 31, 2012
    When and where is this "informal Chapter meeting" taking place, haven't seen any prior info. Glad you could make it to the event this year, will you be bringing a car?

will also be having an informal Mississippi Chapter FCA meeting to discuss ideas and events for the upcoming year.

6. nathandarby67

nathandarby67 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Feb 1, 2005
    Mississippi
    Full Name:
    Nathan
    Yes, I am planning on bringing my 355 this year. Not sure on the meeting time. Mike is supposed to be getting me the contact info for all of the Ferrari entrants, and I was going to email everyone to see what people prefer. I don't want to impose on anyone's plans. Have not heard back from him yet though.

I am thinking maybe early Saturday morning right after the cars are placed, before everyone scatters to go look at the rest of the show. Would that work ok for you? Shouldn't take long, basically just want to introduce myself and brainstorm with the guys to gauge interest and see what kind of events everyone would like to see in the upcoming year. I would really like to get this chapter active again with some fun events. We may also try to coordinate with some of the chapters from surrounding states on some things, since we don't have a large number of MS members.

7. mtmilam

mtmilam Formula Junior

Oct 24, 2009
    Lafayette, LA
    Full Name:
    Mark Milam
    #7 mtmilam, Sep 30, 2014
    We'll be there in our "new" to us 2008 430 spider....Mike does a great Job!!...I brought my 328 to the Baton Rouge Eurofest that he also puts on....I know Ridgeland is going to be Great.......

Just joined FCA....Louisiana....Saturday morning sounds good.
    Mark

8. Thomas Magnum

Thomas Magnum F1 Veteran
    Owner

Feb 24, 2013
    Full Name:
    Mark
    I would like to participate and represent Memphis/West TN.

Mark

9. nathandarby67

nathandarby67 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Feb 1, 2005
    Mississippi
    Full Name:
    Nathan

Love that color on your 430...is that grigio alloy? Yes indeed, Mike does an incredible job on these events.

I'm looking forward to meeting everyone. I think it's important for our Mississippi FCA chapter to try to coordinate with our surrounding states when possible. Guys in north Mississippi can attend Memphis area events easily, and south Mississippi folks can be in Baton Rouge or New Orleans quickly. Conversely, when we host Mississippi-based events I'd love to see participation from FCA members in our neighboring states.

I'm going to try to get in touch with Mike today and figure out the best time and place for us to all meet up. I will be sure and post on here and let everyone know.

10. nathandarby67

nathandarby67 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Feb 1, 2005
    Mississippi
    Full Name:
    Nathan
    Sounds great!

11. Saabguy

Saabguy Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 28, 2012
    Shreveport, LA
    I'll be there as well.. hopefully bringing my 328 but for sure bringing my SAAB Sonett.. I promise, it will be the only one there… ;-)

So is there a secret handshake for F Chatters? Particular clothes? Gang sign??

Lester

lurker from the 328 forum

12. mtmilam

mtmilam Formula Junior

Oct 24, 2009
    Lafayette, LA
    Full Name:
    Mark Milam
    Looks like front will move through at 2 am. May be good for Fridays drive

13. Seidmanrob

Seidmanrob Karting

Jun 23, 2004
    Germantown, Tn
    Full Name:
    Bob Seidman
    Mike Hill will be there with his Dino 308GT4, and I will be bringing back the 308. We are also going on the Friday drive. See you guys just before noon on the starting line.

Bob #31495

14. Thomas Magnum

Thomas Magnum F1 Veteran
    Owner

Feb 24, 2013
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Good to hear. See you there Bob!

15. ferraribrit

ferraribrit Karting

Feb 27, 2009
    Ridgeland, MS
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Nathan,

Sorry I'll miss you this year, heading to Petit Le Mans. Keep me posted about what you come up with, you know you can count me in!

Best, Paul

16. nathandarby67

nathandarby67 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Feb 1, 2005
    Mississippi
    Full Name:
    Nathan
    Hate you're going to miss it Paul, was looking forward to seeing you this year! We actually thought about going to Petit Le Mans this year, but just decided to do the easier trip with having two young kids in tow. Will certainly keep you posted on all plans. Have fun in Atlanta!

17. nathandarby67

nathandarby67 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Feb 1, 2005
    Mississippi
    Full Name:
    Nathan
    Here is the meeting info from the email I just sent everyone:

Mike Marsh has told me his plan is for all the Ferraris to be parked together in front of the Lee Michaels jewelry store (same location as last year) . Car placement closes at 9:00 AM, so I was thinking if we could get everyone together then that may be the easiest, before everyone scatters to look at the rest of the show entrants (or watch football)! Shouldn't take more than 10-15 minutes. Please be thinking of anything you would like to see from the club, I am open to any and all ideas. If there are any fun drives or activities you have done in the past with Ferrari or other car clubs, I'd love to hear them.

18. Thomas Magnum

Thomas Magnum F1 Veteran
    Owner

Feb 24, 2013
    Full Name:
    Mark
    #18 Thomas Magnum, Oct 6, 2014
  19. Saabguy

Saabguy Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 28, 2012
    Shreveport, LA
    And who is the mustachioed man in the last shot?

Lester

20. Thomas Magnum

Thomas Magnum F1 Veteran
    Owner

Feb 24, 2013
    Full Name:
    Mark
    #20 Thomas Magnum, Oct 6, 2014
    Bob Seidman, (Memphis P.I).

Your Saab was cool, by the way. Congrats on the award.

21. Saabguy

Saabguy Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 28, 2012
    Shreveport, LA
    Thank you sir!

Bob accosted me in the elevator as I was wearing a Dallas club shirt and could produce not even one Ferrari! ;-)

The only other person I got to talk to was Wade.. and he was giving instruction on how to close the engine cover..

.. and let me know that he had never seen a front bank exhaust header failure on a 328 which made the rest of the day even better!

Good to see some other cars and meet some other folk!

Lester

22. bigeasy

bigeasy Formula Junior

Dec 31, 2012
    #22 bigeasy, Oct 7, 2014
  23. nathandarby67

nathandarby67 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Feb 1, 2005
    Mississippi
    Full Name:
    Nathan
    Your royal enfield was gorgeous. That thing has to be a blast!

24. gerard.hansen

gerard.hansen Formula Junior

Jun 29, 2004
    Hattiesburg/Petal MS
    Full Name:
    Gerard D. Hansen
    I was thinking about putting together a "Crusin' the Coast" style event for Vintage European cars in April 2015 along the Mississippi Gulf Coast. What I have in mind would be a three day event with a Rally / Tour Drive Friday, Concours Saturday and the IndyCar Grand Prix of Louisiana as the final venue on Sunday.

Thoughts?

25. gerard.hansen

gerard.hansen Formula Junior

Jun 29, 2004
    Hattiesburg/Petal MS
    Full Name:
    Gerard D. Hansen
    #25 gerard.hansen, Oct 7, 2014