Dec 13 Alpharetta, GA KewlRides 11th Annual USMC Toys For Tots Toy Drive/ Car Show | FerrariChat

Dec 13 Alpharetta, GA KewlRides 11th Annual USMC Toys For Tots Toy Drive/ Car Show

Discussion in 'South Central - USA (TN, MS, AL, GA)' started by Rumrunner, Oct 6, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Rumrunner

Rumrunner Karting

Jul 7, 2009
    Cumming
    Full Name:
    Mark O Holte
    #1 Rumrunner, Oct 6, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Ladies and Gentlemen, it is that time of year when I begin hawking the forums boards about KewlRides.org’s annual event. Once again KewlRides will host the Toys For Tots - Toy Drive /Vehicle Show (eleventh year, all vehicles are welcome) for the United States Marine Corps' 2014 Toy for Tots campaign.

KewlRides.org presents the 11th Annual Toy Drive / Car Show (all vehicles welcome)

for

The United States Marines Corps 2014 TOYS FOR TOTS Campaign

December 13th, 2014, Show Time: 11:00 am- 4:00 pm

10750 Davis Dr
    Alpharetta, GA, 30009-4775
    (Off 400 exit 8 Mansell Road)

What we want to see is loads of toys; as Fops has been saying for the past years "Let’s put a major dent in the USMC Toys For Tots 2014 goal". We know from years past that the car community has come together for this one event knowing their work and efforts are bringing big broad smiles to children that might not otherwise have anything for Christmas. There will be trophies, raffles, silent auction and fun in general. All this is to generate more toys for the kids.

To register ( [email protected] ) your Baby, (remember the registration fee will be a New Unwrapped Toy or Toys brought to the Toy Drive / Car Show) please provide the following information for registration:

Full Name - Jiminy Cricket (your name of course)

Year of Car – ???? (the year of your car)

Model – Convertible, Coupe, Sedan (the model)

Make - Corvette (Dodge, Camaro, Ferrari, Firebird, Porsche, Trans Am, Viper)

Club or Group affiliation – Ferrari Chat, GALXC, Muscle Car Evolution, KewlRides, 6Speedonline – Porsche, (your club or group)
    Forum name – Lucky Dog (your forum name, Corvette Forum, Ferrari Chat, GALXC, or any of the others)

Send this information to: [email protected]

Remember to register ( [email protected] ) early, this way we will have you in the database correctly and have your dash display ready the morning of the 13th of December.

If you were there last year, thank you and we are looking forward to seeing you back this year, if you were unable to attend come see us this year. We have been filling this trailer for these past years and wish to fill her to the brim with toys. Again if you cannot make it to the event there are Toys For Tots drop boxes at various location or you can make a monetary contribution at the following site;

Toys Fot Tots Donation Site

With that being said, we look forward to another year of fun, comradery and seeing all those fantastic vehicles that we love so much. Look for more information at our Facebook page KewlRides or the attached flyer for the details. We will be looking for you and the kids will appreciate your donation.

See you there;

The KewlRides Team
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. Rumrunner

Rumrunner Karting

Jul 7, 2009
    Cumming
    Full Name:
    Mark O Holte
    Well folks, we are just under 4 weeks to go Dec 13, Saturday). Looking to see everyone, their cars and plenty of toys for the kids in the Atlanta area. send you email registration to [email protected] so we can have a dash display pre-printed for you when you arrive.

Hope to make this a huge success thank to all of you.

Mark
    (Rumrunner)

3. brian.s

brian.s F1 Rookie
    Professional Ferrari Technician

Nov 3, 2003
    Midwest
    Full Name:
    Brian
    Good Luck with this, my son has done many in the past years whilst serving, good to see the BEST uniform on display!

4. Rumrunner

Rumrunner Karting

Jul 7, 2009
    Cumming
    Full Name:
    Mark O Holte
    We are just a little over one week away and we are looking forward to see many of you out this year. Let's make this one an all out good Toys for Tots Drive. See you there.

- Mark
    (Rummy)

5. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    Looks like great weather for this weekend! I hope for a great turnout. Basically, if you were at "Rides to Remember" in June, you ought to be at this show.

6. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    You don't have to register in advance, but it helps. And even if you don't want to spend the day there, just come on by, preferably with toy to donate, and enjoy the show. The food at Miller's is pretty good as well.

7. kaamacat

kaamacat Formula 3

Jun 13, 2004
    Cumming GA
    Full Name:
    BobR
    Will have to pass. (Daughter-in-law graduating GT on Saturday). Our day starts at 5:45am with their family. Enjoy for a great cause!

8. Rumrunner

Rumrunner Karting

Jul 7, 2009
    Cumming
    Full Name:
    Mark O Holte
    Jim, thanks for the plug, always appreciated and thanks for coming all these years.

Bob, we will miss you, but understand. As you know the T4T boxes are all over the place.
    Congrats on the D-I-L graduation.

Mark

9. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    Tomorrow's weather is near perfect - clear with a high of 58, so y'all come!

And it will be a unique date, of the type that will not occur again this century: 12/13/14. So, come celebrate!

10. sunburn

sunburn Formula Junior

Nov 2, 2003
    Dawsonville, GA
    Full Name:
    Rick R.
    Toys packed and the car is pointed south. See everyone tomorrow.

11. Rumrunner

Rumrunner Karting

Jul 7, 2009
    Cumming
    Full Name:
    Mark O Holte
    Looking forward to see all of you guys tomorrow.

Mark.

12. CharlesE

CharlesE Formula 3

Nov 19, 2007
    Johns Creek GA
    Full Name:
    Charles E
    Looks like great weather. I will be there in the tr6. i talked a couple newbies to come out in their old 'merican muscle.

13. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    #13 Gatorrari, Dec 14, 2014
    The day started slow; when I arrived at 10 there were a line of Corvettes but not much else, and even by 11 (when registration had supposed to have ended), attendance was still rather sparse. But in the next hour, a whole lot of cars showed up, and I understand that the final count of registered cars was close to 90! We didn't fill up the Marines' trailer with toys, but we did pretty well. The weather was great and the conversation a lot of fun.

Rick R. and Brian S. showed up with their Aston Martin and Lotus Elan, respectively, to join me in the Exotic class, and Charles E. was there with his Triumph, which he actually entered in the Muscle Car class!

While mine was the only Ferrari entered in the show, several others showed up to drop off toys and stay for a while. One was a new California T in a remarkable color that I hadn't seen before; the driver said that it was called Bianco Fuji and was a $30K option (which, knowing Ferrari, really didn't surprise me). The other was another 328, four months younger than mine, and (IMO) in much nicer condition.

Which is why, at day's end, I was dumbfounded to find that my old horse was named winner of the Exotic class! So I wound up with a cute little trophy to add to my modest collection.

14. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    #14 Gatorrari, Dec 14, 2014
    If there had been a Humor prize, it probably should have gone to whoever showed up with this big old Mercury station wagon with a Christmas tree tied to the roof. I have it on good authority that it was not being driven by Chevy Chase!

15. suicidedoors1964

suicidedoors1964 Formula Junior

Oct 2, 2004
    After driving the Cali-T I will say I have to wonder why do I like these old cars? It is an impressive machine and you would think Bianco Fuji would attract less attention but that doesn't seem to be the case. If Boxer prices keep rising I might think about trading it for an F12.

16. jdowling

jdowling Karting

Oct 4, 2010
    Marietta, GA
    Full Name:
    Jack Dowling
    Those Boxer prices are for running cars. :)

17. suicidedoors1964

Oct 2, 2004
    Same for the Daytona prices. Sucks to be us.

18. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    Some people say that 328 prices are rising sharply now as well. I haven't seen it yet, but I'm certain that they won't appreciate like Dinos have. (Jack, you're a lucky man!)

Bianco Fuji does not photograph well; it looks much better in person, rather like Lamborghini's Balloon White.

19. suicidedoors1964

Oct 2, 2004
    I don't think the cali-t photographs well regardless of color

20. Udaverea

Udaverea Formula 3

Jun 9, 2014
    Western Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Dave
    White washes out the details. Silver and black look very good in a lot of pics I have seen.