A book for sale - in Italian: | FerrariChat

A book for sale - in Italian:

Discussion in 'South Central - USA (TN, MS, AL, GA)' started by Gatorrari, Nov 2, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    As you probably know, Giorgio Nada Editore in Italy publishes some lovely books, but in this case I apparently got screwed by them. As a result I have a book that I cannot read, because it's in Italian and wasn't supposed to be!

Way back in March I ordered a new book "Monza 1000 KM" from Amazon.co.uk that was listed as to be published in English. I figured that this was one of those cases, like their book on Mauro Forghieri, that Nada was going to do two editions of.

The book finally arrived last week, and it was in Italian! Amazon had changed their listing (without telling me) and the book is now called "1000 KM di Monza". Nada's website confirmed that it is only available in Italian. Amazon agreed to refund the shipping cost should I return the book to them, but I told them I'll try and sell it here first.

The book is massive: 11.5 x 10.5 x 1.5, 408 pages and about 7 pounds. It's a great history of the race from 1965 to 2008, with starting grids and finishing result tables for each race and great photos.

I'll sell it for $60, which is about what I paid including shipping, but only to someone in the Atlanta area or who is willing to pick it up at Italian Car Day next Saturday. In any case I must know by next Friday if I have a taker on this offer.

2. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    No takers? I'll bring the book with me to Italian Car Day anyway. I'll cut the price to $50.