1992 Ferrari 348 Supercar series entrant | FerrariChat

1992 Ferrari 348 Supercar series entrant

Discussion in 'South Central - USA (TN, MS, AL, GA)' started by Lotus91, Dec 16, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Lotus91

Lotus91 Formula Junior

Oct 20, 2014
    Does anyone remember the Bridgestone Supercar series of the early 90's ? I have lunch often with Doc Bundy who drove the Lotus Esprit for the championship in 92 and one of the entries was a Ferrari 348. It was relatively slow compared to the Lotus, Vette, Porsche's of the day but it always ran strong and was reliable.

Doc and I were trying to remember if that car was a Factory supported car or was it a private entry ?

I think the engine was good but the gearing and gearbox was unreliable. It just didn't pull well out of the corners like the other cars. . I watched it race at Long Beach and a few other events and it looked good but was slow to the David Donahue BMW 5 series and most of the other entries.

was that car a factory car ? who was the driver and what became of that car ? it must have costs someone a fortune to run it all year.

Just curious.

Brian 88 Esprit Turbo / 91 Elan Turbo

2. Lotus91

Lotus91 Formula Junior

Oct 20, 2014
    found this youtube of the supercar series from Phoenix 1994. the Ferrari driver was Russell Spence.,

was Russell Spence a Factory Ferrari driver ? was it a Factory team ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrss1DoXbvM