The Streets of Buckhead | FerrariChat

The Streets of Buckhead

Discussion in 'South Central - USA (TN, MS, AL, GA)' started by spirot, Jan 3, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. spirot

spirot F1 World Champ

Dec 12, 2005
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Tom Spiro
    I'm going to put a saturday morning every other month gathering at the streets of Buckhead and Corso coffee... its a great italian coffee place, and I'd like to make this a lite car gathering - I'm working with the group to get parking etc... its a great place secure for the cars, and all the high end shopping - so you can bring the girls too... they can shop, we can drink - coffee or Peroni & talk cars... who's in?

its a pay as you go kind of thing - watch this space ... hopeing to have the first one by the end of the month.

2. atlshaver

atlshaver Formula Junior

Feb 21, 2004
    Atlanta, GA
    Sounds good. I am right up the street - I'm in.

3. kayakjack

kayakjack Karting

Mar 29, 2004
    I like it. Great idea.

4. GuyIncognito

GuyIncognito Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 30, 2007
    very cool! that could be a great event. if/when I relocate to ATL, I'd love to help.

btw one of my favorite gun stores on the planet, Chuck's Firearms, is right around the corner from there. win/win :)

5. andy308

andy308 Formula 3

Jan 16, 2005
    Sarasota, FL
    Full Name:
    Andy
    Love the idea. Thanks Tom.

6. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    Why not monthly? After all, the "Donut Derelicts" gathering in Chamblee, which I've gone to occasionally, occurs weekly!

7. spirot

spirot F1 World Champ

Dec 12, 2005
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Tom Spiro
    Baby steps - I'm working with just the folks at Corso - so they dont make all the decisions but if we can get enough participation we'll do it monthy... lets have one and see how it goes.

we need you guys to bring the wives and girlfriends so they buy stuff in the shops... its a bit pricey$$$ but very nice.

8. Lotus91

Lotus91 Formula Junior

Oct 20, 2014
    I am in. a few Lotus Esprit guys will attend as well.

Brian lotus Esprit / Lotus Elan

9. kayakjack

kayakjack Karting

Mar 29, 2004
    I live near Lenox Square. Went for a run yesterday down Peachtree to the MARTA Arts Center Station. Ran right by Corsa. Looks like there is a courtyard in front of it. Don't think the courtyard is for cars. Is that where the cars would be? All this stuff is so new... I haven't been to any of these places yet. Sure looks nice. So much better than the garbage that was up and down here before. All of this was started before the real estate bust. Then the construction stopped. Delighted to see it revisited and finished.

10. spirot

spirot F1 World Champ

Dec 12, 2005
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Tom Spiro
    Right now the part directly infront of corsa is a storage for the construction folks - not sure what will be there in the spring. I think we'll get the landlord to block off parking on the street and or around the square by Bibloquet restaurant and or on the side by Capital Grile. Not all the shops are hopen yet, but the are VERY high end... Hermes, Todds, etc... we've been to all the restaurants there so far - Bibloquet is the the best -- but when its warm out there is also a Shake Shack - with an outside roof top seating ... will be cool!

11. Imperial Stormtrooper

May 7, 2014
    Far, Far Away
    Full Name:
    George
    Cool idea... I'm in, but I'm still working on getting the car- I can't decide what I want more: 308GTS QV, 328 GTS, or 348 TS... maybe talking with some fellow Fchatters will help, I just get a blank stare from the wifey :)

12. tazz99

tazz99 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 16, 2007
    Kennesaw, GA
    Full Name:
    Seth
    Sounds good to me Tom.

13. spirot

spirot F1 World Champ

Dec 12, 2005
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Tom Spiro
    So we are waiting on the propert mgmt company - McMillan to respond - Corso is working with them to get approval, and to hold parking spaces open on the street and or block off the area next to Corso where the valets work.... so once we hear back from them then I'll post here and also send out invite via FCA distribution list.

so there is no cost, but my goal is we spend some money at Corso - and support the merchants - that is the best way to have a cool event become a fixture! l