Exotic car repair shop open house 1/17 1:00 | FerrariChat

Exotic car repair shop open house 1/17 1:00

Discussion in 'South Central - USA (TN, MS, AL, GA)' started by Lotus91, Jan 12, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Lotus91

Lotus91 Formula Junior

Oct 20, 2014
    Guys, our friend Jeremy Buckingham is hosting an open house this Saturday from 1 - 5. His shop is located in Alpharetta off GA 400 , McFarland Rd and highway 9. address is 162 Creamer Way, Alpharetta 30024. There will be food and drink.

Jeremy has opened the shop to service our cars and has a background as a Lotus trained engineer, sports car and race car engineer for Lotus, Porsche, and IMSA racing cars like Spice, Camel GTP etc. He has a nice shop with lifts, machine shop, parts shop etc. His expertise is in cars such as Porsche, Lotus, Ferrari, Rover, Healey, etc. His shop is now officially open and I have had my Elan there for service which was fast, reliable and cost effective.

Jeremy is offering a discount for January and Feb for folks that attend the open house.

an interesting history piece about Jeremy is while he worked at March Race cars in the UK he was the project manager for the Indy car project and had to personally bless each Indy car that rolled off the production line. that means he spent some quality time in each Indy 500 winning car which includes Rick Mears, Danny Sullivan , Al Unser and others..
    Jeremy's side job is a race car engineer for a vintage Indy car run here locally which is an old March Cosworth driven by my old buddy Steve Chassey.

hope to see you there..

Buckingham Automotive

the shop has 4 race simulators with multiple screens for real accurate driving.

The shop is just opening and it has a way to be clean and fancy but this is the grand opening. It used to be a Rover service shop for years and was run down but Jeremy is in the process of rebuilding and it will be a top notch clean and fancy facility but with out the high cost place full of frills.

Jeremy can do T belts, engine out service, clutch, gear box repair etc. he will be doing my Timing belt and clutch this spring.

2. Tripper

Tripper Karting

Oct 13, 2004
    Buford, GA
    Full Name:
    Trip Campbell
    Jeremy is a great guy! Known him for 3 years as he serviced a friends collection and provided top shelf track!race support. A true gentleman as a bonus.

3. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    I should be there. Saturday's weather should (finally) be good for Ferrari-driving.

4. Lotus91

Lotus91 Formula Junior

Oct 20, 2014
    the shop is not picture perfect like FOA but its a work in progress. to keep costs down he doesn't have any fancy fountains or gold laced pictures etc, its an old fashioned work shop created to work on exotic cars, vintage race cars an good old solid work.

remember Flashback ? its a smaller version of that. old craftsmanship, friendly atmosphere, race pictures on the walls, the smell of gas and oil, and great stories which include GTP racing, Lotus racing, IMSA and vintage racing and everything in between.

Brian

5. andy308

andy308 Formula 3

Jan 16, 2005
    Sarasota, FL
    Full Name:
    Andy
    Looks like a nice day. If I didn't have other plans I would attend. Enjoy.

6. gcmerak

gcmerak Formula 3

Mar 17, 2008
    Engine Bay, Georgia
    Full Name:
    George C.
    What Andy said. :)

Ciao,
    George

7. CharlesE

CharlesE Formula 3

Nov 19, 2007
    Johns Creek GA
    Full Name:
    Charles E
    I'll be there. I had my 930 on the lift at Jeremey's in December to give it a once over. I like the place because it is not fancy...

8. Lotus91

Lotus91 Formula Junior

Oct 20, 2014
    Just a reminder about tomorrows open house at Buckingham Automotive in Alpharetta. Major intersections are McFarland ( Exit 12 off 400 ) and Highway 9.

there are about 15 confirmed thus far.

anyone who wants their car on a lift for inspection is welcomed.

Brian

9. shmark

shmark F1 Rookie

Oct 31, 2003
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Sounds like a good excuse for a drive, and tomorrow looks like a beautiful day. I'll be there.

10. Lotus91

Lotus91 Formula Junior

Oct 20, 2014
    Jeremy's business neighbor is a butcher and he is going to BBQ a pig. the racing sim's are all set up too. should be fun.

parking in front but there is parking in back if needed. should be enough room up front. there is an adjacent lot where I will park so if parking is too tight park by me across the way. its a bunch of small lots but there is plenty of room.

11. Lotus91

Lotus91 Formula Junior

Oct 20, 2014
    thanks everyone for coming out. we had 20 + people. everything from Ferrari to Lotus, Porsche, Morgan, TVR, Jag etc.

good time, good food, good friends.

Brian

12. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
  13. shmark

shmark F1 Rookie

Oct 31, 2003
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Thanks to Jeremy and his crew for wonderful hospitality and a beautiful afternoon. My wife and I really enjoyed stopping by and checking out the facility. I love hanging out in a shop! The bbq was excellent, and I managed to turn in a few good laps on the simulator too, lots of fun. Now I'm shopping for a steering wheel setup.

Thanks again!

14. CharlesE

CharlesE Formula 3

Nov 19, 2007
    Johns Creek GA
    Full Name:
    Charles E
    I was great afternoon. Thanks for the hospitality Jeremey. I pity the wrecked Lotus inside the shop.... OUCH!!!

15. sunburn

sunburn Formula Junior

Nov 2, 2003
    Dawsonville, GA
    Full Name:
    Rick R.
    A great time was had by all - thanks Jeremy! Beautiful day, excellent BBQ and interesting conversations.
    Best of luck with the business and let us know if we can be of any help in the future.

Rick . . . .

16. Lotus91

Lotus91 Formula Junior

Oct 20, 2014
    Ricks beautiful Aston Martin looked and sounded great as usual. Brian Burrows came with his new Maserati toy which was nice too.

the lotus with a left rear damage will be an exercise of hefty engineering.. I was hoping the owner would show but he lives in Alabama.

the 308 coupe was nice to see as I haven't seen a coupe in ages.

Brian

17. Tom y92

Tom y92 Rookie

Sep 24, 2013
    New port richey fla
    Full Name:
    Tom y
    Jeremy can you give me some advice on what to look for on my348.when I start my car I get the normal engine groule until the engine warmes up and settles down to1000rpm.the problem is the throaty groul does not go away,plus it sounds like a marble is bouncing around in the engine.any suggestions would be appreciated .tom y92

18. Lotus91

Lotus91 Formula Junior

Oct 20, 2014
    Tom, I am a friend of Jeremy. Jeremy can be reached at [email protected] or phone 770-841-8525. Not sure how much experience he has with the 348 but give him a call.

Buckingham Automotive

Brian

19. atl_boy

atl_boy Formula Junior

Oct 16, 2014
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Raj
    Nice. Will def. come by one of these days.

20. janders82

janders82 Karting

Nov 26, 2014
    Atlanta, GA
    bummed i missed this open house, but glad to have found a shop only a few miles from my house. Been looking for a solid, long term mechanic to service my 355...

Lotus91 - let us know if Jeremy hosts another open house!

Thanks!

21. Lotus91

Lotus91 Formula Junior

Oct 20, 2014
    will do. he will have monthly Saturday get togethers there at the shop for us to eat, drink and play on the simulators.. next one will be in April..

22. janders82

janders82 Karting

Nov 26, 2014
    Atlanta, GA
    excellent! looking forward to it!

23. Lotus91

Lotus91 Formula Junior

Oct 20, 2014
    Jeremy has my Esprit on the lift making some minor repairs.. he is good.

he said someone with a 355 is bringing in the Ferrari in a week or 2 for brakes. he is also working on a Jag Xk150 coupe, old MG, Sunbeam Tiger, Lotus Elise and his own Lotus Esprit which he has been fixing since he purchased it a year ago,. he had the engine out for the belt and major service and now its running well.

he says thanks to the F chatters for the business.

Brian Lotus Esprit / Lotus Elan turbo

24. CharlesE

CharlesE Formula 3

Nov 19, 2007
    Johns Creek GA
    Full Name:
    Charles E
    Jeremy knows his ****!

25. janders82

janders82 Karting

Nov 26, 2014
    Atlanta, GA
    the guy with the 355 would be me! Going to have Jeremy look at a few things. Hoping to drop my car off on Friday.