Caffeine & Octane - FEB 1st - SUNDAY @PERIMETER MALL | FerrariChat

Caffeine & Octane - FEB 1st - SUNDAY @PERIMETER MALL

Discussion in 'South Central - USA (TN, MS, AL, GA)' started by atl_boy, Jan 27, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. atl_boy

atl_boy Formula Junior

Oct 16, 2014
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Raj
    Caffeine & Octane - FEB 1st - SUNDAY @PERIMETER MALL .. 8am-11am

https://www.facebook.com/CaffeineAndOctane
    "We are excited to announce to all Caffeine & Octane supporters that beginning Sunday February 1st, Caffeine and Octane's new home will be Perimeter Mall. The more we looked, the more convinced we are that this is going to be a great spot. It is a very central location that is easy to reach from all points in the metro and there is plenty of parking. 450 spaces will be the heart of the show that we will manage but there are thousands of spaces for enthusiasts and fans who just want to get up and out early on the first Sunday morning each month to share their passion for all things automotive. With an event this popular and large, there comes more guidelines that both Perimeter Mall and the City of Dunwoody will be enforcing. We will also be introducing some changes that will encourage the widest variety of passionate owners to bring their very special vehicles to the event and share them with the C&O community. Every row and every turn in the event should keep you excited about what is just ahead. We have talked to dozens of longtime C&O supporters before making this move and to get their feedback about any proposed changes in the way it is operated. We will continue to seek input from the entire community of longtime supporters to make sure any changes in the rules will always be in the long term best interest of the event. If there is a better way to do something, we will try it. If we screw up, we will fix it. Please be patient as this has taken a lot of effort to get here. Additional details will be shared with you very soon.
    With your support we are going to create an experience for car enthusiasts that will have all of us counting down the days until the very next, First Sunday of the Month. We really appreciate your support in helping us to make this as smooth of a transition as possible. Please start telling all your friends to meet us at Perimeter Mall on February 1st!!!!
    BTW...it's in the northeast corner of the mall parking lot in front of Dillard's and the Cheesecake Factory. Right where Ashford Dunwoody intersects with Perimeter Center West."

2. andy308

andy308 Formula 3

Jan 16, 2005
    Sarasota, FL
    Full Name:
    Andy
    So the location has changed again, no issue with that. I stopped going since it was such a madhouse at Windward. I see they will be allowing only certain cars in the main lot but there are no details as to how and what will be allowed in. Does anyone have anymore details?

3. henryr

henryr Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 10, 2003
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Juan Sánchez Villa-L
    that is interesting aspect....

360 might or might not make the cut from month to month ?

4. Lotus91

Lotus91 Formula Junior

Oct 20, 2014
    I am not planning to go again. the crowd is too strong and its just kind of taken a turn downwards I think. its not like it used to be many years ago. shame.

Brian Lotus Esprit / Lotus Elan

5. DrinkMan

DrinkMan Rookie

Nov 14, 2014
    North GA
    Full Name:
    Dan
    I've been following the threads on Facebook and they look like they are trying to limit the car club take-over (G8/Miata/Mustang/Challenger) and having large groups park outside the core 450 spaces. Based on the complaints from the recent regulars, I'm hoping unique cars will return. We stopped going about 5-6 months ago but I want to give the new owners a chance so we will be bringing a pair of cars.

6. spirot

spirot F1 World Champ

Dec 12, 2005
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Tom Spiro
    Ive never been ... too early and too far. But I can make Perimeter mall... so we'll see

7. Patek

Patek Formula 3

Mar 24, 2006
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    John Milton Denton
    I attended every month for a couple of years. But it started to look like they sent out emails to all the kids in high school that got a new mustang. It was less fun than a car max lot.

8. kaamacat

kaamacat Formula 3

Jun 13, 2004
    Cumming GA
    Full Name:
    BobR
    Personally stopped attending once it became an "organized event", with reserved spaces, advertising, orange cones, flags....... Does anyone remember when it was a true C&O in Roswell where you just drove there in the morning? That show/gathering was lightyears better than anything afterwards!

9. CharlesE

CharlesE Formula 3

Nov 19, 2007
    Johns Creek GA
    Full Name:
    Charles E
    Like alot of folks i stopped going a while back. i'll go to the show/gathering down 92 by target instead. it is like what what C&O used to be like before it became a madhouse new car show. the 92 shoe is for +25 ytr old cars but if you have younger something cool and nice you need to go.

10. kayakjack

kayakjack Karting

Mar 29, 2004

+1
    +1

11. parkerfe

parkerfe F1 World Champ

Sep 4, 2001
    Cumming, Georgia
    Full Name:
    Franklin E. Parker
    I've always enjoyed C&O. But, I'm addicted to a wide array of cars and motorcycles, classic, new, domestic and foreign. And I like the fact that it attracts new car nuts too, some of whom will be exotic car owners in the future. In fact, before I was a BMW, Porsche, Ferrari, Mercedes and Audi owner, I was a Triumph, Fiat, Celica, Vette and 280ZX owner.

12. minimn

minimn Karting

Jun 25, 2007
    I hope it all works out but their intentions remind me of herding mice into a bucket!

13. Lotus91

Lotus91 Formula Junior

Oct 20, 2014
    the images of cars they have on the FB page don't really represent the C&O gatherings. at one show I counted 25 new mustangs, 20 Miata's, 10 purple chargers..

the old days of the nice show are over. shame.

even Caffeine and Exotics is turning into a C&O event. its just a matter of time.

I am going to start going to the event on 92.

14. Lotus91

Lotus91 Formula Junior

Oct 20, 2014
    all of those cars are okay and are fun cars but the event is just too big and is being taken over ..

15. Imperial Stormtrooper

May 7, 2014
    Far, Far Away
    Full Name:
    George

What time & date? Is it at the Target at this address:
    1135 Woodstock Rd, Roswell, GA 30075-2231
    Thanks.

16. Lotus91

Lotus91 Formula Junior

Oct 20, 2014
    the guys that would take up 3 spots got old too. that was the frustrating part.

17. spirot

spirot F1 World Champ

Dec 12, 2005
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Tom Spiro
    So I made my first C&O show, stayed for about an hour and half, and overall it was a nice time. Lots of new stuff - and a few oddities. I get what everyone talks about with people taking up spaces etc, but everyone was nice to me and my 328. I dont know that it was a reall no miss kinda show, but they get a lot of folks!

18. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    What time did you get there, Tom, and did you have any trouble finding a parking spot?

19. andy308

andy308 Formula 3

Jan 16, 2005
    Sarasota, FL
    Full Name:
    Andy
    Sorry I missed you Tom. I was there from about 6:45 - 9:30. Lots of parking in the show lot even at 8am. Nice location, show cars on one side and all else in the other lot. I took a buddy who had never been and he was blown away. Enjoyed myself.

20. spirot

spirot F1 World Champ

Dec 12, 2005
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Tom Spiro
    I got there about 8:15 or so. I'm not an early riser if i dont have to! Actually some guy came chasing after me to point to a parking spot "behind the fence" ... so i parked there.

21. spirot

spirot F1 World Champ

Dec 12, 2005
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Tom Spiro
    I thought I saw your car... hope all is well!

22. Bill in Atlanta

Bill in Atlanta Formula Junior

Nov 22, 2004
    "show cars on one side all else in the other lot"

..And that is the key to fixing C&O; it is what Cars & Coffee Irvine did for years. The "doorman" maintained the balance (even turning away "exotics" once there was half dozen of them). The clubs (GTR, Z-car, etc.) used the Taco Bell parking deck, moving back & forth to enjoy both. And that is what Atlanta C&O needs. Keep the exotics/antiques/unique cars in one lot and let the large volume clubs (Challenger/Mustang/GTR) have their space in a separate lot. Everyone wins and one can move about and see all. Let's hope.

Bill

23. suicidedoors1964

suicidedoors1964 Formula Junior

Oct 2, 2004
    Seemed more organized then the Windward location. My son and I brought out the 1986 Mazda RX-7 with 21k miles on it and still running on the original tires. Looks like my Boxer will be back on the road by next month if so we will bring it out.

24. jdowling

jdowling Karting

Oct 4, 2010
    Marietta, GA
    Full Name:
    Jack Dowling
    "Looks like my Boxer will be back on the road by next month" seriously? Sounds very optimistic since there is a Daytona in there also!

25. Lotus91

Lotus91 Formula Junior

Oct 20, 2014
    Jack, why not bring the Dino ?

Brian Lotus Esprit / Lotus Elan