Jon Kasse Racing shop tour 3/28 11:00 | FerrariChat

Jon Kasse Racing shop tour 3/28 11:00

Discussion in 'South Central - USA (TN, MS, AL, GA)' started by Lotus91, Feb 5, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Lotus91

Lotus91 Formula Junior

Oct 20, 2014
    The Lotus club has another race shop tour this time at Jon Kasse Racing in Winder. This tour invitation is extended to F chat, Porsche, Aston, Lambo and Maserati clubs.

we have another race shop tour opportunity . Jon Kasse Engines builds and restores Ford pushrod race engines for Ford road racing teams, Vintage Mustang GT350's, NHRA teams and even street tuner guys. They have offered us a race shop tour for Saturday 3/28 at 11:00 am. should be fun. I saw them on a Power Nation tv show recently and asked them if we could tour their facility. They have a dyno shop, milling shop, restoration facility and a full set of race customers that they tend to.

They don't mess with overhead cam stuff but they make huge HP numbers from alloy block pushrod monsters. Their shop is in Winder which isn't too far from most of us. John Kasse web page below. Hopefully some club members can attend.

Jon Kaase Racing Engines, Inc.
    735 West Winder Industrial Parkway
    Winder, GA 30680
    Phone: (770) 307-0241

Jon Kaase Racing Engines - John Kaase Racing Engines

Brian

2. Triple Black

Triple Black Karting

Feb 8, 2014
    Millington TN
    Full Name:
    David S
    I'm interested, my only problem is the drive from Memphis which is about 7 hours.
    I appreciate your enthusiasm in trying to get together doing fun stuff. I get Hot Rod magazine and watch all the car/truck shows and those 429 engines they make are special.
    I have a 97 cobra (OHC) which they don't work on but, Ford is Ford. This tour could be very interesting. I might drive the cobra instead of the Ferrari though.
    Thanks again for the effort.

3. CharlesE

CharlesE Formula 3

Nov 19, 2007
    Johns Creek GA
    Full Name:
    Charles E
    Thanks for the invite Brian. i didn't know the lotus club had a lot of happenings like shop tours. Seems like you have been setting up a few lately.

4. Lotus91

Lotus91 Formula Junior

Oct 20, 2014
    there hasn't been any shop tours in ages with the Lotus club. that needs to change. the Lotus club does a monthly drive but guys with kids or older cars cant get away to drive for 8 hrs on a Saturday so I think we should revitalize the events and offer some options for those that don't like 8 hr drives.

we have a bunch of race shops here in the area so why not visit them from time to time then cheer for them when we see them race at places like The Mitty, Sebring, Petit Lemans NHRA Nationals at Atlanta dragway etc..

Charles, please invite the Porsche guys to the Jon Kasse tour, he said the more the merrier.

Brian