Bluetooth car phone | FerrariChat

Bluetooth car phone

Discussion in 'South Central - USA (TN, MS, AL, GA)' started by kayakjack, Feb 17, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. kayakjack

kayakjack Karting

Mar 29, 2004
    The Bluetooth phone system in my Jaguar XK8 has always been dodgy. It is a 2006 car and Bluetooth technology has gotten better. I just had the car in for service. They had to dig into the header above the windshield and I suspect the mechanic did something to mess up the mouthpiece which is mounted on the header. People I talked to can barely hear me (yeah, probably a good thing). It is an original Jag system. One of the first Bluetooth systems they put on a car

Does anybody know of an Atlanta shop that specializes in installing Bluetooth systems for phones in cars. I could make a stink over this with my shop, but given the dodgy way the system works it is not worth the effort. I would like to have a modern Bluetooth system put in that looks like it belongs and works perfectly.

Any ideas??

Thank you,

Jack

2. JaguarDriver

JaguarDriver Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 27, 2011
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    Dick Maury
    I also had a 2005 XKR with the optional phone system installed. As the phone was obsolete when I got the car, I installed the Bluetooth module to convert it. There are several versions of the module and you want to get the latest one. My system worked great and interfaced with the radio and navigation system seamlessly. I ended up trading it in for an Aston Martin. Although it is newer and has Bluetooth built in, it is no where the system the Jaguar uses. If your system is not working properly, you most likely just need a newer module. As it works at all means you have the factory phone system installed.

3. kayakjack

kayakjack Karting

Mar 29, 2004
    Dick, yes it works. But after they did their work people I talk to on the phone say they can barely hear me. Not sure a new module would fix that. Do you think it would?

The best solution would use the same buttons and controls I now use, but would actually work. Do you know which module is best (if that is what I need)? Do you know where I could get it?

By the way, the work done was to replace the two front hydraulic lines which power the convertible top latch. I saw one drop of hydraulic fluid up there. I got the work done before the system blew and dumped a load of green hydraulic fluid on me.

Thanks Dick,

Jack

4. JaguarDriver

JaguarDriver Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 27, 2011
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    Dick Maury
    The part number for the one I had was C2S-49706. It currently has a list price from Jaguar of $1300. For that price, I would take the car to the dealer and get them to see the problem, plug in the part and see if it fixes it. If it makes no difference, then you don't buy the part. If you can hear good but they cannot hear you good, you might have something as simple as a bad microphone. If it worked before your line repairs, the only part of the system in that area is the mic so probably a good guess.

5. kayakjack

kayakjack Karting

Mar 29, 2004
    Thanks Dick. I'll take it to the dealer and have it checked out. The microphone has to be much cheaper than the module.

Jack