Any experience with Birmingham Broker used cars? | FerrariChat

Any experience with Birmingham Broker used cars?

Discussion in 'South Central - USA (TN, MS, AL, GA)' started by nathandarby67, Feb 24, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. nathandarby67

nathandarby67 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Feb 1, 2005
    Mississippi
    Full Name:
    Nathan
    We are heading to Birmingham this weekend to pick up a new/used Audi Q7 for my wife to replace the one that was destroyed by a texting dumbass a few weeks ago. So naturally, I felt it proper to do a search and see what OTHER vehicles may happen to be for sale in said area, and came across a Porsche or two listed by Birmingham Broker. Sell My Car Birmingham, Atlanta, Nashville ~ Birmingham Broker

Anybody have experience with them? Are they legit? It appears to be a consignment type service. I'm just wondering how this works legally, assuming it turns out to be a reputable operation. Are the cars still titled to the respective owners? Legally, would I be buying from a dealer or the owner? All things equal I'd much prefer to buy from an owner, as the sales tax on private transactions on older cars is much less than buying from a dealer.

2. billwest

billwest Karting

Feb 28, 2008
    AL
    Full Name:
    Bill
    Nathan -

I'm from Bham, but unfortunately, not familiar with these folks. Good luck -

Bill

3. nathandarby67

nathandarby67 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Feb 1, 2005
    Mississippi
    Full Name:
    Nathan
    Also, who would folks recommend for a quality Porsche PPI in Birmingham? We are buying the Audi from Tom Williams Audi/Porsche...any idea if they do PPI's or is there a good, trusted independent in the area?

4. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    Never had experience with them, but I'm currently 3 blocks away from that place. I saw an F355 Spider outside of their garage/storage building some months back. The door was open and they had probably 15+ lifts with classic cars stacked on one another for each.

Edit: It's probably the same F355 posted on their website for sale.