Need a PPI done in Birminham, AL | FerrariChat

Need a PPI done in Birminham, AL

Discussion in 'South Central - USA (TN, MS, AL, GA)' started by NJRay, Mar 4, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. NJRay

NJRay Karting

Feb 20, 2014
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Ray
    I am close to making a deal on a 430 spider and would like to get a PPI done of course. Can anyone recommend someone for a PPI in Birmingham?

2. Edgar Diaz

Edgar Diaz Karting

Sep 13, 2014
    Alabama
    Full Name:
    Edgar Diaz
    I think the closest would be Ferrari of atlanta

3. WaltP

WaltP Formula 3

Nov 1, 2003
    Cape Canaveral/Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Walt P
    I could be wrong but I thought F of A stopped doing PPI's years ago.

4. billwest

billwest Karting

Feb 28, 2008
    AL
    Full Name:
    Bill
    There's a shop in Bham that might do it. HESCO. Haven't ever used them but you might look them up and give them a call. Hopefully some of the other folks on here can weigh in as well. Good luck.

Bill

5. NJRay

NJRay Karting

Feb 20, 2014
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Ray
    I have been referred to HESCO twice already so I called them the car is actually very close to them so I am going to give them a shot. After a lengthy conversation with them I feel pretty confident. The car in question has had the front and rear bumbers resprayed due to minor scratches and a ding. Original bumbers where not changed. Rest of the car is perfect. Should I be concerned?

6. Edgar Diaz

Edgar Diaz Karting

Sep 13, 2014
    Alabama
    Full Name:
    Edgar Diaz
    Bumper, rocker panels, and even doors are commonly re sprayed due to road debris. If you drive a Ferrari or any other car, it will get paint chips. I say you get a good PPI done, have them inspect the car mechanically and structurally and don't worry so much about it being resprayed, so long as the respray is of high quality.

7. dogdoc97

dogdoc97 Formula Junior

Aug 2, 2011
    Atlanta, GA
    #7 dogdoc97, Mar 6, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 6, 2015
    I called them about 2 years ago and one other outfit in Birmingham for a PPI; I think it is them that they have no one that is actually a factory trained tech and when I asked for specific things to look for on a 348 they had no clue;I think the report was going to be like lights work,check, brakes work check BUT not the real stuff you worry about, anyway just ask specific questions regarding the Ferrari your wanting and see what the answers are...Ron Reineke formerly of FOA in Atlanta would do a PPi and he will come there, at least he was going to come there for me BUTawhile ago; you would need access to a lift and it was not gonna be cheap for him to drive from Atl to Bham, Dogdoc

8. 19633500GT

19633500GT F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 9, 2010
    Blueberry
    Full Name:
    Muffin-Tops
    HESCO is fantastic. Both my Mondial and friends GT4 had recent services by them. On the button cars, and the owner Lee has tons of knowledge and years of experience in race prep etc.