Wheel Wizard ( Atlanta ) | FerrariChat

Wheel Wizard ( Atlanta )

Discussion in 'South Central - USA (TN, MS, AL, GA)' started by Lotus91, Mar 4, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Lotus91

Lotus91 Formula Junior

Oct 20, 2014
    anyone use Wheel Wizard ? I am taking my Esprit wheels there tomorrow to be refinished . they have a 48 hr turn around and I hear nothing but good things..

2. gcmerak

gcmerak Formula 3

Mar 17, 2008
    Engine Bay, Georgia
    Full Name:
    George C.
    Hi Brian,

I have used Wheel Wizard. I would suggest that you take a look at some of their refinished wheels and decide how the finished product matches your expectations. I would give them a grade of 87%.

I have have seen the work that Bryson Richards of Wagenwerks does, I was impressed with his attention to detail and personalized approach. Bryson used to post here about five or six years ago. Best to check out his finished product as well, then decide.

Wagenwerks Atlanta Roswell, GA

Ciao,
    George

3. henryr

henryr Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 10, 2003
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Juan Sánchez Villa-L
    I have used them to refinish Ferrari modular wheels. They did an excellent job. I think you really need to impress they need to be perfect.

I have also used metro wheels in Smyrna Marietta. They do great work

4. andy308

andy308 Formula 3

Jan 16, 2005
    Sarasota, FL
    Full Name:
    Andy
    I have used them to fix a bent challenge wheel on my 360. Looks like new now.

5. CharlesE

CharlesE Formula 3

Nov 19, 2007
    Johns Creek GA
    Full Name:
    Charles E
    Interesting read. I am going to break down and get the wheels on th 911 re anodized and repainted in the stock white this year hen I get new tires this year. The only option I knew was to ship them to CA.

6. minimn

minimn Karting

Jun 25, 2007
    I had them do a set of Porsche rims,Fuchs and they did a good job.
    As a side story ... while attending Caffeine & Octane a man gave me his business card and said that if I wanted to have the rims done "right", his company could do them. He disappeared as soon as I said that the polished finish on the rims, not a satin finish, was done in error by his company, Wheel Wizard!
    So be sure to state exactly what appearance you expect, as I had not done so.

7. Pantera72

Pantera72 Rookie

Jul 18, 2006
    Atlanta, Georgia USA
    When I refinished my Campys I got a quote from Wheel Wizard. It was over twice the price I paid for the job from Bryson. And Bryson did a great job.

8. Lotus91

Lotus91 Formula Junior

Oct 20, 2014
    I just dropped my Esprit wheels off at Wheel Wizard. they will remove tires and center cap, strip old finish, fill in any divots, refinish, powder coat, mount tires and center caps and finally balance..

$200.00 a wheel. they will be done Tuesday.

they have a pretty cool operations. Lotus of Porsche 911's in there with the wheels off getting refinished. they have stripping booth, dip booth, powder coat room etc. a pretty neat operation.

they offered us a shop tour .. would be cool to see the process in person.

Brian

9. Lotus91

Lotus91 Formula Junior

Oct 20, 2014
  10. Atlanta355

Atlanta355 Karting

Jun 7, 2008
    Atlanta
    I am in the same position in having to send fuchs out to CA and wait months. It would be great to have someone local who could do these wheels correctly. i may take a trip up there to see a set of fuchs they have completed.

11. Lotus91

Lotus91 Formula Junior

Oct 20, 2014
    my wheels are finished. they look perfect. no more curb rash, all dings and nicks are gone,. they were stripped, painted and then powder coated to look like new.

that was the best 600 bucks I ever spent.