10th Annual Rides To Remember | FerrariChat

10th Annual Rides To Remember

Discussion in 'South Central - USA (TN, MS, AL, GA)' started by gcmerak, Apr 3, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. gcmerak

gcmerak Formula 3

Mar 17, 2008
    Engine Bay, Georgia
    Full Name:
    George C.
    Hi All,

Time to get those registrations in. 10th Annual Rides to Remember - June 6, 2015. Doesn't seem that long ago that I was doing the 2nd Annual Dream Ride or was that the 3rd?

Trying to stay off the grid and flying under the radar. :)

Ciao,
    George

2. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
  3. 4re308

4re308 F1 Rookie

Jun 13, 2001
    Woodstock, GA
    Full Name:
    Mitch D
    Always a great time! I'll be there!

4. spirot

spirot F1 World Champ

Dec 12, 2005
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Tom Spiro
    I;ll be there this year! we're doing the food again too! CHOA is one of our best customers & Will and FOA are some of my best friends - so we are thrilled to come out and help!

5. Lanikai

Lanikai Formula Junior

Dec 18, 2003
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    Will Campbell
    Thanks to Tom, our generous sponsors and contributors along with the great people at Atlanta Motorsports Park for making it all possible. We are so fortunate to have the support we get from all of the car owners as well. This year will be our best!

6. gcmerak

gcmerak Formula 3

Mar 17, 2008
    Engine Bay, Georgia
    Full Name:
    George C.
    Yes, thank you to everyone making his wonderful event happen.

Hi Will,

I had a question I was hoping you could help me out with. PM sent,

Ciao,
    George

7. Lanikai

Lanikai Formula Junior

Dec 18, 2003
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    Will Campbell
    George, resend when you can.
    Best, Will

8. Imperial Stormtrooper

May 7, 2014
    Far, Far Away
    Full Name:
    George
    What an awesome event! I won't be taking delivery of my 308QV until late June, so I won't be able to help out at this year's event, but I'm in for next year!

9. CharlesE

CharlesE Formula 3

Nov 19, 2007
    Johns Creek GA
    Full Name:
    Charles E
    it is a great event. i don't know if i will drive in it however. i drove the 930 the past couple years and the engine temp gets in the danger zone / very hot waiting in the queues to either get in AMP upon arrival and getting on and of the track. i have never seen my engine temp peg that high. i had to open the deck lid to try and cool it down while waiting in line. life with an air cooled car.

10. Lotus91

Lotus91 Formula Junior

Oct 20, 2014
    dang it. I will miss it again. I will be up at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway ( Gods own Cathedral ) running the Lotus F1 car and 87 March Indy car.

11. spirot

spirot F1 World Champ

Dec 12, 2005
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Tom Spiro
    So for those of you coming along to rides to remember - how about a short Kart race after the event? we'll all be right there - it will be huge fun - if you have never done the AMP kart track - you have to do it once!!!!

Will - challenge to you.....

12. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    I suppose that there is no rain date. As of now the forecast for thunderstorms is 50% in Roswell and 60% in Dawsonville on Saturday, and that could be problematical.

13. Dr Tommy Cosgrove

Dr Tommy Cosgrove Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 4, 2001
    Birmingham, AL
    Full Name:
    Tommy
  14. Tripper

Tripper Karting

Oct 13, 2004
    Buford, GA
    Full Name:
    Trip Campbell
    Tom's "home" track...... I think I hear a setup. ;)

15. kaamacat

kaamacat Formula 3

Jun 13, 2004
    Cumming GA
    Full Name:
    BobR
    Tom. Are you doing the regular AMP buy-in session after the event? (Think
    you did last year)

16. spirot

spirot F1 World Champ

Dec 12, 2005
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Tom Spiro
    yep ... you need to try this out!

17. kaamacat

kaamacat Formula 3

Jun 13, 2004
    Cumming GA
    Full Name:
    BobR
    Rain down to 10%. Woo Hoo for the kids!

18. Lanikai

Lanikai Formula Junior

Dec 18, 2003
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    Will Campbell
    So relieved to see the weather has turned. We haven't had a rain out in the event's 10 year history. Thanks to everyone for being part of Rides. Our sponsors who contribute so much to getting the event off the ground and to our donors who have us at $49k which will all go to the kids!
    This will be our best year, yet.

19. 4re308

4re308 F1 Rookie

Jun 13, 2001
    Woodstock, GA
    Full Name:
    Mitch D
    Hey Will what time does everything start at the dealership?

20. gcmerak

gcmerak Formula 3

Mar 17, 2008
    Engine Bay, Georgia
    Full Name:
    George C.
    +1 :)

Ciao,
    George

21. gcmerak

gcmerak Formula 3

Mar 17, 2008
    Engine Bay, Georgia
    Full Name:
    George C.
    My friend's son who is in remission was set to do the Rides to Remember two years ago, but became very ill from the chemo at the very last moment. Last year was a no-go.

We have everything set to go this year when this Monday I went over a speed bump at 1 mile/hr [too fast] instead of a super slow crawl and ruptured the oil cooler. Repairing the oil cooler on a Merak is a pain.

Been working feverishly all week to get things fixed. Come Saturday morning, I'll be ready to roll. :)

Looking forward to providing a wonderful fun day for my friend's son who has waited so patiently. A super thank you to Will, Jeremy, and all of the awesome sponsors for all you do!!!

Ciao,
    George

22. Lanikai

Lanikai Formula Junior

Dec 18, 2003
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    Will Campbell
    Hello every one and thanks again for giving your time to the kids. The gate opens at 8am. Weather just keeps improving so I think we are going to have another great event. See you tomorrow!

23. CharlesE

CharlesE Formula 3

Nov 19, 2007
    Johns Creek GA
    Full Name:
    Charles E
    Awesome event this year. i think the BEST of all 10 yrs (I have participated in most). It is an honor to participate and help make child happy.Thanks to FOA, Amp and all who make this happen.

24. gcmerak

gcmerak Formula 3

Mar 17, 2008
    Engine Bay, Georgia
    Full Name:
    George C.
    Hello All,

I participated in the 3rd, 5th Dream Rides and 8th & 10th Rides to Remember. This year's event was spectacular - the best ever. The organization was pitch perfect! The work, effort, and logistical planning - WoW!

Special thanks to Will Campbell, General Manager-Ferrari of Atlanta, Jeremy Porter, CEO-Atlanta Motorsport Park, small army of volunteers, small army of exotic machinery/owners/drivers, and of course all of the supporting sponsors.

An additional thank you to Jeremy on two fronts. First, Jeremy was kind enough to meet my rider and his family to give them wonderful words of encouragement even while everything was still in top gear. Secondly, most impressive was the short prayer given by Jeremy just prior to the start of track time - a very special moment!!

It was very nice to see some old faces [I mean that figuratively guys :)] Rick [Bond] and his awesome Aston Martin Vanquish V12, Jim with his classic Ferrari 328 always looking fabulous. The car Jim, not you. :) Charles and his menacing Turbo Porsche and Bob, I can't keep up with all the cars you have, just by luck did I spot your ZR! - is that thing legal on the street or did you have to trailer it to the track? Very nice meeting you Trip, great to attach a face to the name.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Ciao,
    George

25. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    #25 Gatorrari, Jun 7, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017