Licensed Insurance Appraisal in Atlanta | FerrariChat

Licensed Insurance Appraisal in Atlanta

Discussion in 'South Central - USA (TN, MS, AL, GA)' started by Drew Altemara, Apr 24, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Drew Altemara

Drew Altemara Formula 3

Feb 11, 2002
    Tuscaloosa, AL
    Full Name:
    Drew Altemara
    State Farm is asking for a licensed insurance appraisal for my Daytona. As luck would have it its in Atlanta for service. Which is good because the odds of finding someone around Tuscaloosa to do this is probably zero. :)

Can anyone recommend a licensed appraiser who would be familiar with classic Ferraris and could do the job at a reasonable price?

Thanks,

Drew

2. henryr

henryr Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 10, 2003
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Juan Sánchez Villa-L
    back of SCM ?

3. GuyIncognito

GuyIncognito Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 30, 2007
    who's running Ferrari Market Letter these days?

they're in metro ATL (at least, they were when Gerald was running it).

4. Drew Altemara

Drew Altemara Formula 3

Feb 11, 2002
    Tuscaloosa, AL
    Full Name:
    Drew Altemara
    There are a bunch of uber qualified guys in ATL. But my insurance company is requiring a licensed or certified appraisal.

You can google it and get some hits but from the look of the web site I doubt they are knowledgable regarding classic Ferraris.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. GuyIncognito

Silver Subscribed

Jun 30, 2007
    can you give a bit more info...

why do they want the appraisal? value of the car? is it an agreed upon value policy? or is it just something "outside the box" and they want to CYA?

what do they mean by "licensed"? i.e. by whom should they be licensed (state insurance board, some other insurance group/trade association?

it seems if they want a value for the car, someone who knows the Ferrari world would be sufficient; and if they want to appraise the safety/road worthiness of the car any state inspection would work...but maybe I'm missing the point of a "licensed insurance appraisal".

6. Drew Altemara

Drew Altemara Formula 3

Feb 11, 2002
    Tuscaloosa, AL
    Full Name:
    Drew Altemara
    Sure just asking a simple question.

State Farm sends out a valuation sheet maybe every 3 to 5 years based on my experience on stated value cars that I have. The valuation that I turned in was much higher than it was previously as the cars are more expensive. So State Farm wants pictures and an "licensed" appraisal.

Here is one of my pet peeves. The only licensed entity I am familiar with in this instance is a collision appraiser. The other appraisers have a certificate; at least that is my understanding. So I Google this and turn up some appraisers in Atlanta. They probably may have a certificate that State Farm will accept but are they familiar with a Ferrari Daytona.

Folks - don't need to take this any further - either you have been through this or you have not.

Thanks

Drew

7. GuyIncognito

Silver Subscribed

Jun 30, 2007
    I've been through this...with State Farm...but in California, with a Lotus. and I didn't have to get it appraised by a "licensed insurance appraiser", which is what I find interesting. they accepted pictures and various classified ads showing approximate retail value (as henryr suggested).

anyway, carry on. good luck finding someone.