SVRA Indianaolis Motor Speedway last week | FerrariChat

SVRA Indianaolis Motor Speedway last week

Discussion in 'South Central - USA (TN, MS, AL, GA)' started by Lotus91, Jun 28, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Lotus91

Lotus91 Formula Junior

Oct 20, 2014
    I went up to the Speedway to help crew a friends Indy car a couple weeks ago. Its an 87 March Cosworth which ran in 87 and 88.

the entry list had full field, 550 cars were accepted but estimates say there were 750 race cars there. it was amazing..

the strange thing was there were only a handful of Ferrari race cars . I saw 1 early 70's Ferrari Can AM type car. Not sure of the model but I think it was a 512 or 312.. closed cockpit car very similar to the Ferrari used in the movie Lemans.

there were a few 458's but no open wheel Ferrari cars. I thought that was odd .

we finished 5th in our feature which was nice. there was a Jordan Peugeot, a Benneton Judd, some current IRL cars but my favorite were the vintage Indy cars..

put it on the schedule for next year.. Its very Monterey ish but with many more cars and more extended races with NO restrictions on speed.

some great IMSA cars like 935's, a few 962's, a ton of Can AM cars and even some IROC cars.

Great fun.

Brian

2. Lotus91

Lotus91 Formula Junior

Oct 20, 2014