Anyone going to the track day at Barber this weekend? (8/15-16) | FerrariChat

Anyone going to the track day at Barber this weekend? (8/15-16)

Discussion in 'South Central - USA (TN, MS, AL, GA)' started by nathandarby67, Aug 13, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. nathandarby67

nathandarby67 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Feb 1, 2005
    Mississippi
    Full Name:
    Nathan
    #1 nathandarby67, Aug 13, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I am bringing our ex-SCCA, ex-NASA, ex-junkyard, future-Chumpcar Monster Miata over for the Saturday session. Just wondering if any other FChat guys may be going. This one is put on by Rezoom Motorsports. Rezoom Motorsports | High Performance Driver Education Events If anyone is interested, online registration is closed but you can register on site the day of the event. I believe tech starts at 6:30AM.

Should be fun. I've been to watch a few races at Barber but never driven it. Have heard great things from those who have though, so I'm really looking forward to it!
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. Smyrna355Spider

Smyrna355Spider F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 9, 2008
    In my Garage
    Full Name:
    Scott
    It is an absolute blast. I love the track but the management is pretty tough to deal with. At a previous track day, a guy blew up an old 300zx and barber charged him $25 for oil dry put down. They also charge for damaged grass and any other damage from an off track excursion.

3. nathandarby67

nathandarby67 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Feb 1, 2005
    Mississippi
    Full Name:
    Nathan
    Yikes. I guess they got to find some kind of way to pay for all the giant ant sculptures!

Guess I will now try extra hard to keep it on the track!!

Side question: do they sell fuel at the track?

4. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    I drove Barber in a parade at pace-car speed (and rode shotgun in Drew Altemara's F40 another time) and even at those speeds the track is fun. Those corners just before the museum can be wicked!

5. nathandarby67

nathandarby67 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Feb 1, 2005
    Mississippi
    Full Name:
    Nathan

Excellent. At this point our Miata is apparently only capable of pace car speeds anyway, so it is nice to know that the track will still be fun as I trundle around.

On a related note, I did get to drive Road Atlanta once in some parade laps, and I thought the same thing about that track (and that it would likely scare the hell out me at full race speed!).

6. nathandarby67

nathandarby67 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Feb 1, 2005
    Mississippi
    Full Name:
    Nathan
    I have taken the time to carefully craft an instructional video on how to go properly slow around Barber. I can now confirm what Gatorrari said, Barber is indeed lots of fun even going slowly! For your educational enjoyment:

http://youtu.be/n-jX8e9jXhw