your favorite southern car collections/museums | FerrariChat

your favorite southern car collections/museums

Discussion in 'South Central - USA (TN, MS, AL, GA)' started by bigeasy, Sep 11, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. bigeasy

bigeasy Formula Junior

Dec 31, 2012
    My job takes me all over the lower/Middle Gulf states, from Tallahassee FL, to Eastern Texas. I am looking to visit some car collections / private/semi private or museums.

It's funny how many of these relatively unknown collections are out there, and how many great cars they contain. When I was in the Indiana area there had to be two dozen collections that were never really advertised, but contained everything from Tuckers to Ferraris, most housed in spectacular buildings refurbished to resemble everything from old car show rooms, to brand new three story buildings.

Let me know your favorites, and maybe if there is enough interest we could put together a pin drop map of these for other members to visit and enjoy.

2. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    I enjoyed the Lane museum in Nashville; unfortunately the museum I enjoyed most here in Georgia was the microcar museum in Madison which is no more.

And of course, while the Barber museum in Leeds, AL is mainly the world's largest motorcycle museum, they do have a substantial collection of Lotus race cars.

3. FerrariNashville

Jul 30, 2015
    Nashville, TN
    Full Name:
    Camden Goddard
    I would suggest the Lingenfelter collection in Michigan. Although I've never been there, I've heard it's great and seen lots of pictures