Atlanta Italian Car Day Nov. 7, 2015 | FerrariChat

Atlanta Italian Car Day Nov. 7, 2015

Discussion in 'South Central - USA (TN, MS, AL, GA)' started by jeffdavison, Sep 18, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. jeffdavison

jeffdavison F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 29, 2002
    Suwanee Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jeffrey Davison
    Italian Car Day Atlanta!

Saturday, November 7th, 2015, 10 AM to 3 PM
    HOME-Atlanta Italian Car Day
    Italian Car Day Atlanta celebrates our18th year of Italian automotive style; exhibiting private collections of the finest exotic Italian cars at Lillian Webb Park, 5 College Street in historic downtown Norcross, GA. The event includes the car show, marque awards, a raffle and silent auction. New dealer cars and merchandise will be on display to add excitement & opportunity. Show cars enter from Buford Highway @ Holcomb Bridge Rd.

Saturday, November 7th, 10 AM to 3 PM, (Show cars should arrive before 10 AM)
    Downtown Historic Norcross, GA at Lillian Webb Park, northeast Atlanta.
    Show vehicle registration $25 at gate, spectator admission free, lunch on own.
    New Italian vehicle displays by participating dealers.

Marque Trophy Awards:
    Class trophies (1st, 2nd, 3rd):

Alfa Romeo / Ferrari / Fiat / Lamborghini / Lancia / Maserati / Pantera (DeTomaso)
    Open Class (Unlisted marques) & Italian Cycle

Additional Awards (single trophy):

Best Modified
    “Car I’d most like to drive home.” (People’s Choice)
    BEST OF SHOW!

Sponsoring vendor’s name is engraved on each trophy, includes promotion during the day. Owners of registered vehicles receive a voting ballot for each marque.

Photography
    Each car is photographed after gate registration. Photo is taken at the intersection of Britt Avenue and College Street at the top of the hill. Online photo link is given to registered owners. Please enter the show from the intersection of Buford Highway at Holcomb Bridge Road, turn immediately onto Bostic Ave then toward Britt Street. Registration at the corner of Bostic Avenue and Britt Street. All cars will get registered and their photo before parking on the lawn!

Raffle Prize Donations
    Italian Car Day sells raffle tickets during the event for $1 each. Vendors will display their donation, product or service to all participants and spectators. All donated items should be marked by the donating vendor and displayed on tables near the event tent. Please make donations of at least $30 in value, gift certificates at least $50 in value. Vendor receives public address promotion & recognition immediately before the awards.

Silent Auction:
    Vendor may display an item or certificate for the silent auction, setting a minimum bid price for the item. The minimum bid amount will be returned to the vendor after the show has concluded. Silent auction forms are provided by ICD. For example, a $100 value gift or product may have an opening bid set by the vendor at $75. Amounts bid over the $75 minimum support Italian Car Day, the $75 minimum bid amount is returned to the vendor. Vendors get excellent exposure for their product or service with a guaranteed return of value. All items not making minimum bid will be returned to vendor.

Vendor Display Area:
    Vendors may secure table space to display of their product or service if needed. All donating sponsors may display their literature or catalog on a table dedicated for that purpose. Vendor space will be allocated on a first come, first served basis.
    All sponsors receive their name, phone number and/or web address on the car registration placards. All sponsors receive announcement recognition for their support during the show.

Please contact John Montgomery for more information. Thank you for your support!

John Montgomery -ICD Coordinator

Phone 770-932-2380
    E Mail: [email protected]

Directions:
    Historic Downtown Norcross is outside the I-285 Perimeter highway in Northeast Atlanta
    GPS Coordinates: N 33° 56.479 W 084° 12.679
    Lillian Webb Park, 5 College St., Norcross, GA 30071 (Upper lawn area near fountain)*
    http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7116/7484148158_af3ac1ff54.jpg
    http://img.groundspeak.com/waymarking/large/36374bf1-9b10-47e6-8247-53b5512d6b0b.JPG
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidwilliamreed/3965670333/
    From I-285 perimeter highway north Atlanta:
    1. Exit to Buford Highway from 285, then north Buford Hwy (outside perimeter) 5 miles.
    2. Turn left from Buford Highway to Holcomb Bridge Rd. to Bostic Ave. then Britt Ave.
    From I-85 in North Atlanta (Gwinnett County):
    1. I-85 exit #101, Indian Trail Lilburn Rd., go 2/10 mile & turn left on Beaver Ruin Rd.
    2. Take Beaver Ruin Road 1.7 mile, turn left @ light to US-23 South (Buford Highway)
    3. Go 1/4 mile south on Buford Hwy. Turn to Holcomb Bridge Rd., then immediately
    to Bostic Ave. then Britt Ave.

2. AlfaRick

AlfaRick Rookie

Oct 18, 2012
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    Rick Andreoli
    #2 AlfaRick, Sep 30, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Ciao, ALL. Attached is PDF Flyer for 2015 Italian Car Day.

Note that this year all cars & motorcycles will be displayed on the Lower Lawn area of Lillian Park. Entry Photos will be taken in front of the fountain area. Please arrive by 9 AM for Registration so that everyone can be placed on the Show Field.

Rick Andreoli / Alfa Romeo Owners Club of Atlanta
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

3. chris1866

chris1866 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 14, 2005
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Chris
    This was a great event last year. I plan to be there again

4. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    The lower lawn has more space; I hope we can fill it up. It will mean a longer walk to downtown for lunch, and probably fewer casual passers-by, but that might not be a bad thing.

5. elgin328

elgin328 Formula 3

Apr 11, 2004
    near Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Mark
    But closer to the restrooms

6. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    As of now, the weather forecast for Saturday is horrible. Is there a rain date?

7. Patek

Patek Formula 3

Mar 24, 2006
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    John Milton Denton
    #7 Patek, Nov 2, 2015
    I was talking with John Montgomery early this morning about it. Not sure, if it will Sunday or moved to the next weekend.
    Just hope it clears for Saturday.............. looks bad.
    John
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

8. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    Personally, if the forecast doesn't change, I'd opt for Sunday. Currently the chance of rain on Saturday is 90% and on Sunday is 10% (though with chillier temperatures).

I'd rather not see a postponement until 10/14, since I want to go to the big model car show in Smyrna on that date.

9. AlfaRick

AlfaRick Rookie

Oct 18, 2012
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    Rick Andreoli
    #9 AlfaRick, Nov 4, 2015
  10. jeffdavison

jeffdavison F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 29, 2002
    Suwanee Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jeffrey Davison
    It's not directly the rain or chances of rain that's the issue. It's that the show field (now the lower level of the park) did not sufficiently dry out from the rains of the prior week. The City of Norcross does not want to damage the lawn from the show cars driving on and off the field and turn it into a muddy-grassy mess. Hopefully the week prior to the 21st will be rain free and the grounds will have had adequate time to dry out by showtime.

JD

11. LMPDesigner

LMPDesigner F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 5, 2003
    Atlanta Georgia
    Jim,

Can you provide some details for the car model show you mentioned?

12. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    Sure, Brian. it's put on by the Atlanta Car Model Enthusiasts (ACME - probably Wile E. Coyote's favorite model car club) at the Smyrna Community Center on Atlanta Road. This year it's on November 14. I think you'll find all the details you need here:

2015 NNL Southern Nationals | ACME

13. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    This time, Saturday's weather looks fine, if a bit chilly. I just hope that tomorrow's deluge doesn't render the park unusable again.

14. suicidedoors1964

suicidedoors1964 Formula Junior

Oct 2, 2004
    It was a deluge Wednesday night. So hopefully two days can dry things out.