petit le mans: Ferrari corral? | FerrariChat

petit le mans: Ferrari corral?

Discussion in 'South Central - USA (TN, MS, AL, GA)' started by twenty2media, Sep 23, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. twenty2media

twenty2media Rookie

Jan 6, 2015
    atlanta
    Full Name:
    Colby
    I was wondering if there will be any sort of Ferrari group/corral at this years Petit Le Mans. Last year a dozen or so cars were parked in the back lot (430, 550, 458, 250 Lusso, ect) because of the 60th anniversary of Ferrari in america. So does anyone have information for this years race? could there be a laferrari?

(the road Atlanta website has 5 car corrals listed: corvette, porsche, mini, mazda, and ford... I've heard rumors that ford will be displaying the new GT at the corral! hope it turns out to be true.

2. F355Bvc

F355Bvc Formula 3

Dec 4, 2003
    Lawrenceville. GA
    Full Name:
    Vince Canipelli
    LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. twenty2media

twenty2media Rookie

Jan 6, 2015
    atlanta
    Full Name:
    Colby
    ??? I'm a little confused on what you're referring to, is it about the corral or the ford GT comment I made?

4. spirot

spirot F1 World Champ

Dec 12, 2005
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Tom Spiro
    I believe Ferrari will have a Hospitality pavillion set up - $700 per person.... but its more for team hospitality than FCA members.

Its just so expensive to get a corral with Road Atlanta with this event, and unfortunatly we cant count on a large Ferrari turnout, so it makes the event a $$ loser for the club.

we're parking with Porsche this year I, and depending on weather we make take the Ferrari on Friday. Usually Ferrari have the metal stands on the outside of start finish... so its a hassle to get over to the infeild during the race. ( turns 6&7)

I doubt a La Ferrari will be in attendance... but you never know!

5. elgin328

elgin328 Formula 3

Apr 11, 2004
    near Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Mark

I too will be parking in the Porsche Platz. I may take the Ferrari Wed. or Thur. but I'm NOT paying $700.00

6. kaamacat

kaamacat Formula 3

Jun 13, 2004
    Cumming GA
    Full Name:
    BobR
    SRT Corral on Saturday. (They were $195 each. GenAdmin, 3 meals...etc)

7. Lanikai

Lanikai Formula Junior

Dec 18, 2003
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    Will Campbell
    is at the top of turn 2 this year. We didn't make a big fuss as we only got 20 tix and 10 parking passes. Because we are sponsoring the Scuderia Corsa number 2 car, we had certain peeps we needed to entertain at the race. Those tickets went fast and are gone. Tom hit the nail on the head regarding a Ferrari corral. Real estate is quite precious at Petit so costs are off the hook.

8. Lotus91

Lotus91 Formula Junior

Oct 20, 2014
    I remember 15 years ago I was president of Lotus club and Road Atlanta was begging for car corrals by car make or nation of build... we had a great British corral for years..

now, its soo expensive its just not fun anymore. I still go and park my Lotus somewhere but with the 1000 corvettes and 1000 Porsche cars, its just not possible to park.

such a shame.....

I guess its all about the money..

9. CharlesE

CharlesE Formula 3

Nov 19, 2007
    Johns Creek GA
    Full Name:
    Charles E
    Ill be in the Porsche Platz

10. spirot

spirot F1 World Champ

Dec 12, 2005
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Tom Spiro
    It really is a shame. they should have a "sports cars only" parking area... but you are right ita all about $$$

11. parkerfe

parkerfe F1 World Champ

Sep 4, 2001
    Cumming, Georgia
    Full Name:
    Franklin E. Parker
    Isn't that capitalism?

12. ferraripete

ferraripete F1 World Champ

if the participation is anything like the long beach gp alms race...expect about a dozen entrants. lol and 6 of them will be Daytona prototypes. lol