Gran Turismo Models & Genealogies Book | FerrariChat

Gran Turismo Models & Genealogies Book

Discussion in 'South Central - USA (TN, MS, AL, GA)' started by FMofAtl Parts, Dec 4, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. FMofAtl Parts

FMofAtl Parts Karting

Jan 5, 2010
    Roswell, GA
    Full Name:
    FMofAtl Parts
    #1 FMofAtl Parts, Dec 4, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Ferrari of Atlanta is pleased to offer, in limited availability, the special holiday edition of "The Official Ferrari Magazine". Entitled Gran Turismo Models & Genealogies, this elegant, hardback publication provides a detailed overview of all of Ferrari's storied Gran Turismo models. The edition is complete with full technical specifications and elaborate product genealogies that outline the model's histories within the greater Ferrari story.

The beautiful design and rich content of this publication will make it an indispensable guide and the perfect holiday gift for any Ferraristi. We will have a very limited amount so please contact your Ferrari of Atlanta salesperson immediately to reserve your copy.

This special edition publication is USD $39.99 plus shipping and tax. Each book sold by Ferrari of Atlanta will generate a charitable donation to our three charities Camp Sunshine, Cure and the Atlanta Ronald McDonald House.

We look forward to a huge response!

678-802-5000
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    I picked up one of these yesterday at FoA, and I can highly recommend the book. It is a large (9-5/8 x 13-1/4), 144-page hardcover that features every production Ferrari road car (even if "production" was in single digits) from the 166 Inter of 1948 to the F12tdf of 2015.

The book starts with nine "family trees" (hence the "Genealogies" in the title) showing the relationship of related models, shown chronologically. These are divided by car type (Sports car, GT, Supercar), engine location, or number of cylinders, and as a result many cars appear on more than one tree.

The bulk of the book is 117 single-page articles on each car model. While these are listed chronologically, the table of contents shows them alphanumerically, so it is easy to find a particular model. Each page includes a large photo, a fairly comprehensive specification table (all measurements in metric, of course) and a long paragraph describing the car.

To me, this book would be a fantastic buy at a substantially higher price, so to be able to get it for $40, and with some of the proceeds going to the "Rides to Remember" charities, is a real steal. I urge everyone close to Atlanta who reads this to head over there and pick up a copy while you can! (And while you're there, there are some good bargains on the boutique sales tables. I picked up a nice jacket.)

3. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    Does it cover all Ferrari models or ones considered GT? thanks, looks good.

4. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    The name is a bit misleading, as it appears to cover every production Ferrari road car. The purest sports cars, such as the 250 TdF (identified here as the "250 GT Berlinetta (Passo Longo)") the 250 SWB ("250 GT Berlinetta (Passo Corto)") and the 250 GTO are all in the book. It doesn't include pure racing versions (not street-legal) of the later cars, such as the Challenge cars or the "XX" cars.

It also includes the F60 America and the Sergio, of which only 10 and 6 were built, respectively.

5. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    I have been checking the web and most other places are charging $10 - 30 more than FoA, so we have a good thing going here!

6. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    great, I just ordered 10.

7. nathandarby67

nathandarby67 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Feb 1, 2005
    Mississippi
    Full Name:
    Nathan
    One for each bathroom, I presume? ;)

8. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    figure perfect Christmas gifts, but you have a good idea! :)

9. spirot

spirot F1 World Champ

Dec 12, 2005
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Tom Spiro
    I have the book as well - won it at our Christmas dinner this past Saturday night - donation coming to FOA for charity... its a good book, not much new info but it's "official" Ferrari ... for what it's worth!