Italian car exhibition at Frist Center in Nashville | FerrariChat

Italian car exhibition at Frist Center in Nashville

Discussion in 'South Central - USA (TN, MS, AL, GA)' started by Gatorrari, Feb 19, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    Many of us enjoyed the automotive exhibitions The Allure of the Automobile and Dream Cars that were shown at the High Museum of Art in Atlanta in recent years.

Now comes another exhibition that looks quite exciting. Bellissima! The Italian Automotive Renaissance 1945-1975 will be showing at the Frist Center for the Visual Arts in Nashville from May 27 thru October 9. It is advertised as including 19 cars and 3 motorcycles, and Ferraris listed include a 250 GTO, a 400 Superamerica and the 365 P "tre posti". Three of the Alfa Romeo BATs will also be in the show.

They will also have a tie-in with the Lane Motor Museum, which will be having its own Italian car exhibition, with a combined discount. Also, car clubs who register will have special privileges on Sundays. All the information is at Bellissima! The Italian Automotive Renaissance, 1945?1975*-*Frist Center for the Visual Arts. I'm not going to miss this one!

2. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    This is the last week to see this exhibition!

I am going to take advantage of a day off and drive to Nashville on Friday to see it.

3. 4re308

4re308 F1 Rookie

Jun 13, 2001
    Woodstock, GA
    Full Name:
    Mitch D
    Several of my friends have gone to this exhibit and they all said it was incredible!

4. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    #4 Gatorrari, Oct 7, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Well, I went today, just your average 500 mile there-and-back road trip. Was it worth 7+ hours of driving to spend less than an hour in an art museum? I think so.

If anyone can still make it to Nashville tomorrow or Sunday, do so. And while you're there, stop by the Lane Motor Museum (as I did), where they have put all their Italian cars and motorcycles on display, called Macchine Italiane, and it is a substantial number. Admission to either exhibition means half-price admission to the other.

As a teaser, here are the first cars that you see, the Alfa Romeo BATs. They had very nice descriptions on the wall behind each car, as well as a general description for each part of the exhibition, which includes 19 cars and 3 motorcycles.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

5. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    #5 Gatorrari, Oct 7, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Ferraris on display included a 400 Superamerica, a 250 GTO (which finished 2nd at Sebring) and the 365 P "tre posti". Here's a photo of how the last of those got its nickname.