Su ruote di oro! | FerrariChat

Su ruote di oro!

Discussion in 'South Central - USA (TN, MS, AL, GA)' started by Gatorrari, Apr 2, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    #1 Gatorrari, Apr 2, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Well, I said that I was going to do it, and I did it. Taking advantage of a lower than average winter maintenance bill, I decided it was time to do something that I've wanted to do ever since I bought the car 12 years ago: get the wheels repainted.

And since the wheels are classic Ferrari five-spoke alloys, I decided to follow the trend set by cars like the 330 P4, 312 P, 512 S and their F1 contemporaries by having the wheels painted gold.

I picked up the car Friday after work at Metro Wheels in Marietta and they did a stunning job. Maybe the wheels are a tad too glossy, but they showed me the first wheel after painting and it looked too flat, so I asked them to gloss it up. I imagine that they will flatten out a bit with time, and I'm not complaining!

So far everyone that I know who's seen the car in person likes it, and that's fine with me. In honor of the car that inspired me to do this, maybe I'll refer to mine as a "328 P4"!
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. gcmerak

gcmerak Formula 3

Mar 17, 2008
    Engine Bay, Georgia
    Full Name:
    George C.
    Looks awesome!

Way 2 Go!!!!!

Ciao,
    George

3. Tripper

Tripper Karting

Oct 13, 2004
    Buford, GA
    Full Name:
    Trip Campbell
    Looking good, Jim!

4. Perfusion

Perfusion F1 Rookie

Oct 16, 2004
    Marietta, GA
    Full Name:
    Aaron
    Looks killer! Congrats - hope to see you on the roads some time!

5. 4re308

4re308 F1 Rookie

Jun 13, 2001
    Woodstock, GA
    Full Name:
    Mitch D
    Looks great Jim!!

6. bls430

bls430 Rookie

Dec 23, 2009
    Jim,

Looks killer. Bring it to Feb 23 Ferrari dinner and end of month Corso Coffee.

7. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    Feb 23? You're living in the past!

Seriously, I do hope to make the Apr 23 dinner (after coming back from The Mitty), but I expect to be out of town the following weekend.