Racing at AMP | FerrariChat

Racing at AMP

Discussion in 'South Central - USA (TN, MS, AL, GA)' started by spirot, May 2, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. spirot

spirot F1 World Champ

Dec 12, 2005
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Tom Spiro
    Hey All... just wanted to post this for anyone interested.

AMP is holding the 2nd Race in the summer series this weekend on Saturday May 7. You can participate in the concession class - arrive and drive... I think its $125 for the day, you get practice, quali for 2 races. Or can spectate for $12 per person.

I'll be racing in the LO206 class... its a blast and fun track. if you have ever wanted to race but not spend the $$ this is about as good as you can get. Hope to see you guys out there!!!!

you can quick register here...
    http://www.motorsportreg.com/events/2016-amp-kart-championship-series-round-2-atlanta-motorsports-park-924523#.Vydwoo32bX4

Tom

2. nathandarby67

nathandarby67 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Feb 1, 2005
    Mississippi
    Full Name:
    Nathan
    Man that sounds like a blast. Wish I lived closer!

3. Lotus91

Lotus91 Formula Junior

Oct 20, 2014
    its fun as he(( but Tom is good... real good.

4. spirot

spirot F1 World Champ

Dec 12, 2005
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Tom Spiro
    I don't know about being that good... slow is more like it!

Brian are you guys going to be there?

5. Lotus91

Lotus91 Formula Junior

Oct 20, 2014
    Hi Tom, No. I am having lunch with Doc Bundy, David Murry, the head of Lotus, Rick Russo, Charles Ellison and Jeremy my Lotus mechanic.

6. spirot

spirot F1 World Champ

Dec 12, 2005
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Tom Spiro
    Ugg... what a day at the track!!!!

Kart was not running well... brakes throttle cable, jetting... etc... ( cant think of any more
    excuses for my pathetic performance ) ... finished 4th in class = last. and DNF in the feature race... throttle stuck wide open... that will light your brain up!

7. Lotus91

Lotus91 Formula Junior

Oct 20, 2014
    bummer Tom. But, as AJ Foyt used to say :" sometimes you're the bug and sometimes you're the winda ".